Things are looking up!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, Bonnie, I got my sewing done--- barely. I had to do it abt three times until I got it minimally acceptable. I was so proud of my cousin: she looked fabulous, her parents & grandparents were glowing, and we all had a great time. Even the food & the cake were great. I don't know where the cake came from but it was raspberry vanilla & just yummy. The groom served 2 tours in Iraq & is now out of the service & going to go back to school. I saw a younger cousin that I hadn't seen in forever & she's working in the educational/ non-profit part of the Newport Aquarium. So she & younger sis were busy planning a visit to the aquarium for younger sis's kindergarten class.
BTW, the bridesmaids dresses were all the same, and just offerred further proof to my belief that , unless you're a nun, one dress type doesn't look good on different women!
Pat

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Defoecat, I've been reading about you preparing a sermon, and then today on TV all the services and remembrances of 9/11 all were very heart stirring and I remembered the sermon our great Monsignour Sweeney gave the Sunday following the attack. He preached that we were not people of darkness and we could never let them win. He ended with Thess:5:11 and faced the congregation and posed the question to each of us "What can you do today to raise each other up?"

Dave and I talked about how both of us remembered the sermon and how we remember so many of his sermons from 20 to 25 years ago even. His sermons were never longer than 5 minutes. He made a clear and understandable point and always ended with posing a question to the congregation. He never once refered to an answer to his previous questions until the last sermon he delivered before he entered the nursing home. In that sermon, he said that he guessed we had figured out that the weekly answers were either Love, Peace, Forgiveness, or Understanding. His last question was " Did you realize that love, peace, understanding ,and forgiveness are just words to describe Jesus?"

I know you do well with your assignment . Lou

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Lou, that is so touching. He must have been a great man. Yes, in looking around church this morning, I saw the children and knew that they had no idea what 9/11 was all about. It is true that in their lives, we have no idea of what they will face. It is scary to me to think about. I don't see how folks who are not believers get through a day even. I am so thankful that I have taught my DGD the importance of attending church, and the power of prayer. She called me on Friday night to ask that I put one of her friends on the prayer list. Needless to say, at 15, I am so proud of the young adult she has become.

Pat, glad that you got the repairs done so that you were presentable. The cake sounds yummy, most wedding cakes are the same, white with white icing, it is refreshing to hear that someone decided to do something different. I need to plan another trip to the Acquarium. It has been a few years, and I know that they have made many improvements in that time. You are so right about the brides maids dresses. Yikes, some of them that I have seen are so horrible that I hope that the owners take them home and destroy them immediately, so that no other people will have to endure the pain of seeing them!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Anybody up for some good news for a change??

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Sure am!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Some news from MN. Our trip[ plans have changed & we won't be out your way.
Going to Branson, MO after the Round Up.
I'll explain why later.
Now we need the good news!
Bernie

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I still hope you get out this way some other time! I love meeting DG members. Have a good trip. Lou

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Share the good news....we're ready :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Sorry! *Somebody* had to feed the kids in between volleyball runs. LOL

Craig got offered a full time, permanent job where he is now! They told him they usually wait another month or so before hiring someone on but said he's really impressed them. It doesn't officially start until October 9th but it's security at last!

I also found a cheap house we want, less than 3 miles from the school district we want to move to. Just have to figure out how to get us in it. The rest of the kids will be switching there in late October/early November and I sure don't want to drive that every day.

Barberton, OH

Good news is always welcome. Congrats!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It's sure been a long 3.5 years and a long time in coming!

I hope nothing's wrong Bernie. Sorry to hear you won't be stopping by.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nothing bad, only good.

Yippee Chele, now that is good news. Sure hope that you can manage all of that before winter. Wouldn't that be the cat's meow?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It's time to move on. Glad something is finally working in our favor. :)

I told you it would. But I understand when you are standing at the bottom of the pit looking up, it is hard to imagine that anyone will be throwing anything but crap in the hole! I am still working on the lottery for us though!

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

Congratulations to Craig and all of you. You certainly deserve this, and it is about time it happened.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Congrats!!! So very happy for your family.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Bonnie! We're still going to be in the hole for awhile but at least someone finally gave us a rock to stand on! It's definitely a step in the right direction! It's still only slightly more than half of what he was making. Fortunately it is a "real" job and not a contract job after October 9th. The company is growing so hopefully this will work out well for all involved. He said they actually thank him for staying over instead of having a fit if you stay 10 minutes too long.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yayyyy Chele n Craig!!! I am soooooooo happy for you all!!!!!!
Huggggggggggggs!!!!!!!!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'm happy for you and hope this is just the beginning of good things for you and your family. We need some new pics of Nolan. I bet he's really growing. I love his infectuous grin. Lou

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Unfortunately I haven't had the camera out much but the kids make up for it. LOL

Carly took this one last week. She and Nolan were mugging while she took pics. Yeah, they look nothing alike! Ha!

Thumbnail by Badseed
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Great pic! It accents their big blue eyes. Good looking kids! Lou

Crossville, TN

l Love thepicture....I'll bet Carly is a heartbreaker! Jo

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks! Bought Nolan that 3 piece outfit when we were school shopping. I think it was $5. The kid is outgrowing clothes and shoes quicker than we can buy them. Most people think he's 3-4 years old. LOL

Carly has really come into her own but thankfully loves sports more than boys. I think most boys are afraid of her. She's both too smart and too mature for her age and could most probably kick all their butts in sports. A 17 year old has recently taken interest in her and had better think twice. He actually waves at me. Brave boy. Or stupid... She is actually starting to favor Kristenne a lot.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Crossville, TN

When my youngest DD was dating this guy he used to come by and "visit" me...I would say "HI, Eddie Haskell"...He said..."lots of people call me that". Remember Him?? LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Unfortunately, I do!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh, yeah, LOL!

Well, I personally think that Craig sure has his work cut out for him. All of the girls are pretty. Some will be as they are maturing. But look at their mom she's a looker too.

Carley sure is pretty and it is no wonder that a 17 year old would be interested. Tell her to keep her head about her, and continue with the sports, they last, boys are fickle, they will fade away when somebody just a little bit prettier comes along.

Herman, sent the naked ladies to you today. Guess what, I found a cougar in there!

Barberton, OH

Bonnie, the ladies have arrived. Surely too young to be cougars for me. Thank you!
Iris started the journey yesterday.
Herman

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Just got home from the ER and Kroger. Carly stepped in a hole at her soccer game and got a bad sprain/strain in her right ankle. Stopped for meds and came home. Of course all she cares about is missing the last 2-3 weeks of volleyball and soccer...She scored before she got hurt. LOL She was going in for her second. We have to see an Ortho about physical therapy next week.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Ric posted a link for a get together at Joyce's. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1219615/

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm killing this/these threads. Please do not start another continuation.

Please use the regular daily thread. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1213047/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.