Donna (socal)

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I wanted to let all of Donna's DG friends know about her condition. She was diagnosed with breast cancer last year. She has fought very hard this past year but is losing the battle. She is now in ICU on life support surrounded by her wonderful family. Please keep Donna and her family in your thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time.
Donna has been a member of DG from the beginning. I am very fortunate to have met her and become good friends. Her knowledge of gardening is something I can only dream of having. She is a wonderful, loving and caring person.
I'll keep everyone posted.

Crossville, TN

Thank so much, Louise. Donna is indeed special and we all love her dearly. I bring their attention over in the KY RU thread. Jo

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

I never met her, but from reading in this forum I could tell what a great person she is and how much she's loved by everyone who knows her.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thank you Jo for letting them know. I don't know how many forums Donna visited but if anyone does, please pass the word.
yes faeden, she is very much loved by all of us.

Phoenix, AZ

Visualizing peace for Donna and her family ♥

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Donna is one of the sweetest woman I know.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Prayers for Donna and her family - my heart aches for them. I have never heard anything but a kind word spoken about her even though I have never had the pleasure of meeting her.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

God bless Donna and her family.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I am so sad to read this. We were having an intermittent email conversation over months and then last year she stopped emailing. Because we chatted on and off, I did not really take too much notice of it. I now wish I had emailed her more aggressively. She was such a delight. I sincerely hope she does not suffer and that her family can find peace. God bless.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm so sorry to hear this and I pray for Donna and her family. I can only hope she is comfortable and her family has peace as they go through this with her.

One of my very first trades was with Donna - she sent me agapanthus bulbs. The bulbs didn't survive more than a few winters, but her kindness and generosity made a permanent impression on me and so many others here.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Oh no! I keep prayer for her and keep fight for the health...

I remember at Don's RU and it was so fun to remember the pictures I took in 2007...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Donna is one of the best people I've met on DG. I remember the first time I met her. It was like I knew her for years. She has a way of making everybody feel special.
The visit at her house is something I remember fondly.
My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Thumbnail by RODICAP
Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Donna has been a friend for nearly a decade now. She's touched many with her kind spirit.

My prayers are for comfort and peace for her and her family.

Cave Creek, AZ(Zone 9b)

Haven't had the pleasure. I'll keep her in my prayers. I'm sorry.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Thank you sonoran, that's what we need now.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Donna passed away today.
I have her Memory Garden thread posted for those of you who would like to post remembrances: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1196437/

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I am in shock.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

There are no words...........

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

This was posted by Donna's daughter Dina...

Donna Jean Brickman (Campilii) passed away on July 12th after fighting cancer for over a year. She is survived by her husband Jerry, her father Bill, her daughter Dina, her Grandson Dylan and her sisters Sue and Marie. She grew up in El Segundo and graduated from El Segundo High in 1965. Donna and Jerry were married in 1967. They lived throughout the country during Jerry’s Air Force career and they settled in Huntington Beach. Family and friends were the most important things in her life and she loved being a Grandma. She became a Master Gardener in the last few years and she was happiest working in her garden.

She was a loving person who befriended everyone she met. Donna’s memorial will be held at 12pm on July 23rd at Heritage Memorial Services’ large chapel in Huntington Beach (17712 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach 92647, Phone 714 842-2400). Please join us in celebrating her life.
http://www.heritagememoria​lservices.com/

After the service those who would like can join us back at my parents home.

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Oh my. She indeed was such a wonderful and giving person. At the 2 Round Ups I was at with her, she was more likely to be running around doing things than just sitting and talking.

I will keep her family in prayer.

Have those in the Cubits been informed?

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I posted there also Lynda.
She definitely was an energetic person.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Weegy, thanks for posting. I'm so sad she went through what she did, and so sad she's gone.

Ramona, CA(Zone 9b)

This is so sad. Thanks for posting the information Weegy. I remember Donna at a SoCal roundup and how she went out of her way to make me feel comfortable being there for the first time. She was very special.

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Yes, Donna was a wonderful person, I will never forget her.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.