Late July Get Together in Little Rock

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Hope you can make it Christine!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hey Christine! Did Dave get his job that you thought he was going to get? Sorry, I missed it if you told us...... Hope that he is back working ....

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

No, Dave isn't working nor is he trying to do anything until he finds a Buyer position and he thinks this whole thing is funny. I'm not happy with this situation at all.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Sorry Christine!! You need to come get away for awhile and have some fun!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

oh sorry.... I thought that you had thought he had that job when they called him back for a second interview. I hope he is successful in finding something soon! I know there just aren't a lot of jobs out there currently.....

I agree with Charlotte - just need to have a fun day away! I bought my doorprize gift the other day, so I am ready....now it all hinges on WHEN we close on this house we are helping Alex to get in LR. If we close on Friday like they are currently saying is a possibility.... I will be a few miles away cleaning and working on the house instead.... but we REALLY need to get on the house asap so it would be best if we close on Friday!

Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Genna even if you do close on Friday and are cleaning, you can still take a short break and come over and have lunch and see everyone! Want take you very long at all to get over!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Anybody need directions?? Getting close - ready to see everyone!

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I am very ready for a buddy fix!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Me too!!! Anybody still need any impatiens? I have some that need to come up but I'm waiting until Sat to see if anyone wants any.

I will take a few...I actually have had a few plants give up the ghost in the last couple of weeks. I cannot imagine why they died...it has only been horribly hot for a month and no rain for even longer! lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't have a shortage of them!! LOL They are even in my day lily bed in the front this year. The sun doesn't seem to bother them!! Don't think you can kill those things. As you know transplanting them is not a problem either. Just pull'm up and keep the roots damp until you can plant them. Then just cram a clump of them into some dirt!
But yes other things have had a hard time with this heat!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm ready too, all this work and exercize is for the birds!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

A girl's gotta have some play time!
That walking up the hospital steps is good exercise. In my younger years I worked in a 10 story building on the 10th floor and would walk the stairs a few times a week when I got on an exercise kick!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I only do it cause I don't have a choice, my doctor said that regular walking isn't a cardio work out. he said I need to raise my heart rate in order to do me any good. well, walking up l04 steps 7 times and back down them, really raises the heart rate for about20 min or so. so I will try that, and we play tennis on wed night and climb the bleachers at Harding academy after tennis. so I'll get 4 good work outs a week, and I still walk with the ladies one or two nights a week. I'm still l0 pounds over weight too, I'm not doing something right lol

maybe the cardio workouts will help get that off.

I don't like climbing those stairs at the hospital by myself though. wish I had someone to do it with me.

Yikes, that is a lot of exercise...I think! The last 10 pounds are always the hardest, so don't get discouraged. If you want to ride with me and Sandy or just caravan to Charlotte's feel free.

Loretta, I figure you will come early to see that precious grand baby but you are welcome to meet us at my house and caravan/ride with us.

Since we don't have any plants, I figure we will have a little extra room ;o))

Charlotte, I will bring a bucket for the impatiens....if I remember. Do you know how many are coming?

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm bringing a few plants for charlotte, i'll bring some of that ee I think it's black beauty I have some babies out ther of that, I still haven't checked the name of it for sure though. charlotte, I sent you a message on fb too.

i'll come to your house first kim, what time?

Sounds great! Hey, I have a new ee that is sending out a runner...if you would like it, KA, you can take it with you. Oh, I don't care what time you get here...but if it is too early, you will have to bring breakfast and serve it to us in bed. hahahaha

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I've been away from my computer all day and didn't want to answer on my iphone.
Those coming are Kathy Ann, Kim and Sandy, Loretta, Genna, my friend Sarah and myself. I don't have a definite answer from Christine - you all saw her post above. Janie said she can't come and I sent a private message through facebook to Karen to make sure she saw the facebook event and the thread here and I've not heard back from her. Something must be going on with her.
I have some ee babies myself. I have one ee that if anyone wants a good hardy stand of ee's it will do it for you!! Comes back every year and multiplies like crazy!

Kenny and Jim gave me a hybrid/sport EE and it is super! I will be happy to share...it is very hardy.

Okay, just wondering how much dip to make...one recipe should be enough ;o)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

If the hybrid/sport is hardy and you have enough extra I'll take one. But be glad for someone else to have it if you don't have enough.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte,
I do need you to text or dmail me directions.... I hope to get to run over for a few minutes to say hello, but probably won't get to eat since I will have others that I have to feed - this is all assuming we get to close on Friday! What time is everyone planning to be there?

I would like to try some of the impatiens Charlotte.... I will almost guarantee you I can kill them! :)

Genna

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

They will be here around 10. Will text you directions.

I'm gonna come!!!! I can't resist you lovely women!!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Great Christine! see you sat.

Batesville, AR(Zone 7a)

Can hardly wait to see everyone. Charlotte I still have the directions to your place.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Great! I sent Genna directions. Anyone else need directions????

Plus, I am bringing Loretta some gourd seeds...long story Loretta, so I will tell ya when I see ya...
There will be plenty and I am certain Loretta will share if anyone wants a new variety! Or to just try to grow one ;o)

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, it looks like right now that we will actually get to close on Alex's house on Friday - which means that I will have to be working, working, working, on his house for the weekend - plus a lot more days! But I hope to at least drive over for a quick break and see everyone! It has been TOO long, but a word of warning - ya'll will have to TOTALLY disregard my appearance because no telling what all i will be doing before I get to come over there! We are excited because being able to work the weekend will really help us a lot! But it sure messes up my gardening fun :(

Hope to see everyone Saturday - even if it is just for a few minutes.....

Genna

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

It will be good to see everybody sat, so glad your going to make it Genna, it's been forever since we've all seen you.

Genna I hope you make it!!

What should I bring??

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here's what I have down that everyone is bringing:

I'm making chicken enchiladas
Kathy Ann - Salsa
Kim - Cheese dip
Loretta - Dreamsickle Cake
Sandy - Brownies
Sarah - drinks
Christine what about some fruit or vegetables?? or anything else you want to bring.
Genna probably want be able to stay for lunch.

Baton Rouge, LA

I'm lurking just because I don't have a swap I can attend and I had SO much fun at my last one. So I'm living vicariously through ya'll.....

Crissy - I have a "Corn Pudding" recipe that might be good for a veggie ! LOL.... (or maybe guacamole ?)

Hugs,
Mary

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Are we still doing door prizes, I wasn't sure about that.

I will bring the chips for the salsa too. i have alot to do tonight when i get off work so i probably won't be on here again. Kim i'll try to be there about 9:30 if that's too early better fb me and let me know, i'll get that message on my cell phone. you all have a good day

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes we're doing door prizes!!! Gotta finish cleaning my house today!!

I am going to make the cheese dip today...I have not ever done this before, so I hope it is okay in the morning. If not, we may end up with store bought cheese dip! LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I bet it will be great! Going to make the enchiladas tonight and have ready to pop in the oven tomorrow.

Mary!!!! OOOOO Yeah, can you post it or dmail it? Don't think I'll make anything this time, it's just too stressful at home right now to think about that, but I will for next time!

Charlotte put me down for a veggie tray please!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

OK Christine I'll think that will be good!

Me too, thanks for doing this again!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.