Late July Get Together in Little Rock

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kathy Ann and I have decided we all need to get together later this month and just have good fellowship, lot of laughs and maybe a little food (LOL). I will be glad to have everyone at my house.

WHICH DATE WOULD BE BETTER FOR YOU - July 23 or July 30??????

Thumbnail by cperdue
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

either is good with me. i'm looking forward to it, and i can't believe how dark my hair is there, it's not much darker now than it is in that picture. lol guess i didn't get it colored that dark after all. i swear it looked black though when I first got it done lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

It always looks darker when you first color it. After a few shampooing it fades.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

well, she said it wouldn't do that, but Ithink it's fading to red. yikes. oh well, enough talk about my hair do .lol.

What shall we eat? lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

No body has said what date they prefer!! What about the 23rd. Will that work????
Now to the important stuff! What will we eat? I'll fix a main dish of some kind - no let's see - no mayo - no green - no what else???

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Either date is fine with me. I will bring either cheese dip or dessert...or both ;o)

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I think we decided on the FB page that July 23 will be the date. I can't make it on the 30th but I sure do want to see all you gals again and hope that the 23rd is OK with everyone.

I'll bring drinks, (cokes, Dr. Pepper of course, Diet Coke and Tea) and some cream cheese brownies which I will pick up at Ed's Bakery in Conway on my way down there. YUMMY--the best brownies, ever!! Let me know is this is okay, Charlotte.

edited to add: Are we doing door prizes? I hope so because I already have one to bring! LOL Bought it some time ago when I was out shopping and came across it. I liked it so much that I bought one for myself, too. LOL No, Kim, it's not another tea pot planter!!

This message was edited Jul 6, 2011 11:00 AM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

That sounds great to me Marilyn!! Are we going to have door prizes????? With this group what do you think!!! Of course! I already have mine also. I think we all shop with door prizes in mine!

LOL Marilyn!

Yeah, I have a door prize in mind...it's not a teapot planter either. hahaha

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

sounds great to me too, want to make sure we can visit with Marilyn. I might bring a friend.

are we doing door prizes, I picked one up this morning before work lol couldn't help it. I really wanted it for me.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Yes we're doing door prizes!!!
What about enchiladas for lunch?? No onions in the enchiladas - just on the side for those that want them.

I'm having internet problems! I bought a new router this afternoon. I hope that solves the problem!

Yummy! I will be on the no onion side, too ;o))

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Enchiladas sound great, with or without onions--they don't bother me if you can stand the breath afterward!!! LOL However, cooked onions usually don't cause bad breath.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Marilyn, Kathy Ann doesn't eat onion is the reason I'm going to have them on the side.

I've been having internet problems but after 4 hours on the phone last night and one more 30 minute call this morning I'm back in business!! Yesterday I got having problems all day - sometimes I could connect and other times I couldn't and then it just finally quit. I decided it could have something to do with my router and bought a new one. I had problems with it the last time the power went out. I finally got it back on but it has not worked just right since then. Now after everything has been reconfigured my internet is working fine!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim doesn't either lol. that stuff is bad for you I just know it. lol enchiladas sounds wonderful. what do you want us to bring? that was the question I was really trying to ask earlier.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Whatever you want to bring. Marilyn is gong to bring some drinks and cream cheese brownies. I'll make enchiladas. So just whatever urge hits you I would say!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

hum, will have to bring something to go with the enchiladas, I will have to think on that I guess. whatkind of stuff goes good with enchiladas? My thinker is all thunked out for today. heck, I can't even see straight right now. help me think of a side dish that would go good with enchiladas? need some ideas.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

What about some of those veggies you have!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

lol I was gonna say I have al kinds of veggies i can fix. they don't really go with enchiladas though, that's ok though. lol .

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I sure hope I get to attend..... I am not sure what to bring to go with enchiladas either...... refried beans or rice is all I can think of and I can not fix either of those!! LOL

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

What about another desert Genna?

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh, I can always do desserts! That is easy! :) I will bring a dessert and put on my thinking cap and see if I can come up with anything else....

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

A desert should be plenty Genna! We will have more food than we can eat!

KA, you have tomatoes and peppers...so make salsa ;o)

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

On the facebook thread she said she was going to make guacamole. Salsa is a good idea too!! Are we obsessed with food or what!!!

Cleaning house today! Yuk! Got the bedrooms ready for Justin and Clint. Got to make some chocolate chip cookies. Need to get the bathroom cleaned they are going to use.
Don't know why I'm cleaning for 15 year old boys! LOL
Before I went out for Jake's graduation, Kristi made them clean up their room. Their idea of cleaning was to take everything and put it in the trash! They filled up 16 garbage bags. Luckily Kristi had enough sense to not have it taken out to the street. Instead she just had them put the bags in a spot next to the house. Well the first thing they couldn't find was a text book for school! She made them go through every bag under her supervision. She found dishes from the kitchen, silver ware, etc. and the missing text book!!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

that's a thought, do you guys want salsa or guacamole. i can do either. I think salsa would be ok if I can make it taste good, i've not made good salsa in the past lol

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm good with what ever you decide to make!

Well, you know how much I love green foods...so, guess which one I pick ;o))

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've decided to go ahead and do the tomatoe salsa cause i do have lots of tomatoes and jalopeno peppers and fresh garlic, so I'll bring chips and fresh salsa. I do make a pretty good mean squash cassarole lol you can guess what i'm doing today, I think I picked half a bushel of squash out there. i've been in the kitchen all morning canning. jalopeno dill pickles, strawberry fig spread, and pickled beets. and now i'm freezing squash and about to go shell those darned zipper cream peas. after I cook the chicken tetrizzini for supper. which reminds me i think the chicken is burning.

You would think that I would not like squash but I love it! Especially in a casserole...so what time should I be there? lol And you have zipper peas...OMG...I am getting in the car right now!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

we do love food......... ^_^

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

well, I do have zipper cream peas shelled a gallon this morning, but I probably won't have time to cook all that stuff, so you have to decide what's more important to your stomach lol I can bring the salsa/chips and one other dish. pick your poison. lol I'll bring food food this time someone else can do the dessert.

which reminds me, the week before the 23 my boss 's entire family is going out of town for that week, he asked me to keep the shop open that week, so i'll be running it all by myself all week, and we didn't discuss that sat (23rd, ) but I will bring it up monday and tell him I have major plans that day and we'll either have to close the shop that day or he'll have to open himself , not sure if he'll be back in town by then or not, but he's not opposed to closing the shop on a sat either, cause he doens't make money on saturdays.

Well, peas or squash don't exactly go with enchiladas, plus you are going to be very busy that week. Just bring the salsa...

My friend, Sandy, is planning on coming with me...and she said she is bringing...wait for it....are you ready....her mouth! LOL She is going to look at some mexican recipes and see if she wants to make one or maybe dessert.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Her "mouth"! LOL Yes better come prepared with a good appetite!!

Well, since Marilyn cannot join us, maybe Sandy would like to bring brownies and/or drinks...or maybe we will switch and I will bring drinks. Those of you that have seen the second fridge that is only for drinks, you know how many kinds I have!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Kim I can also furnish the drinks so you don't have to tote all that over. Whatever you all want to do.

Sandy will bring brownies!...mexican brownies. hahahaha

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Brownies sound great!

I sent a message to all those AOL folks and still haven't heard from them!!

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Charlotte thanks for sending the message on FB that this thread was here, I didn't see it!! I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not, Dave's being quite difficult lately. Now I know this is here I'll keep tabs and let you know in a few days hopefully.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.