TEA ROOM # 91

barmera, Australia

Happy Birthday Louise. I hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks Moon for the ID. The boys are all excited. Uncle John is here and they'll be off as soon as everything is loaded. They are going to freeze. Glad I had the sense to say that I would babysit the dogs. Ahhhhh 2 whole days for me. My sister from Adelaide went to that exhibition. She said it was amazing. She absolutely loved the museum and said that she would plan another trip over there. Well I must go and get dressed, sitting here in my "purple" dressing gown Jean. be back when the boys have gone. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Hey Coleen...did ya get a chance to check out the link on your plant?

Brisbane, Australia

A birthday? I love celebrating birthdays.

Happy Birthday Louise. Hope you have a really lovely day.

Sorry, the pic didn't show.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2011 4:44 PM

Thumbnail by DawnSong
barmera, Australia

Whoo hooooo. They're on their way and the house is quiet. I've put the A/C back on and am going to do nothing today, unless I want to. Am just having some heated up leftovers for lunch and seeing what's going on in here. Yes Moon I had a bit of a look around on that link but not very much yet. I 'm sure that is what it is. Thanks again. Well off to see what everyone is up to on other sites and then I will veg out and relax. Colleen

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

Thats nothing to be ashamed of Jean,.I had 13 more arrive today,.,.ooooooooH! My little crocus assortment is starting to bloom,.,.i always buy bulbs from the trade stall at the flower shows,the quality is really good!!!

Loise ☻/ * ˛˚ 。♥ღ♡* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。☻/ * ˛˚ 。♥ღ♡* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。♥ღ♡˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .♥ღ♡。
./ ♥ღ♡˚. ★ *˛ ˚ ✰。˚ ˚♥ღ♡。* ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ♥ღ♡
/▌*˛˚ღ •˚ ˚sprinkle a lot of BIRTHDAY WISHES ♥
./ ♥ღ♡˚. ★ *˛ ˚ ✰。˚ ˚♥ღ♡。* ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ♥ღ♡ HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Hmmm everyone is getting Spring Fever I see ...not that long to go.

Enjoy your quiet time Colleen, I bet by tonight you will be missing them.

Dianne what a shame you didn't get to enjoy your visit, I have never forgotten the Sydney one, it was wonderful.

I am not surrounded by bulbs but understand your excitement, one obsession at a time for me, though I love all plants.
I enjoy watching your excitement though, Anthony I understand perfectly how you feel.
I hope everyone is surviving the wild weather ...it is better to get the winds out of the way before Summer .
NZ copped it again this morning ...hope you are ok Teresa
Charleen and Moon and everyone up States Side are roasting to death, it sounds pretty horrific, stay out of the heat if you can.
I hope all goes well for you all.
Enjoy your Arvo what's left of it everyone ...a big wave ^_^ to one and all.

man alive!!-yes,they are some mean temperatures the USA people are experiencing

The biggest problem with this heat wave is that it is hitting areas of the country that do not normally have temps anywhere near that hot...and many of those folks do not have air conditioners to help allay the heat. sadly when the weather does this, we lose a lot of the elderly/infirm to heat strokes/dehydration.Even in areas that do have temps like this, having them for extended periods of time takes its toll.

Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

East coast up where Donnie Brook lives is having a rough time, I hear. Poor folks have never experienced this heat. Our heat is bad but the humidity is what makes it feel even warmer. It has been a tough year on folks....
Thank you for your concerns.

Brisbane, Australia

The sun is shining and it is a glorious morning here. Now, if the winds would just stay away................... I am so sorry others are experiencing such terrible weather conditions. I can't bear the heat and wouldn't last long in the US at the moment.

Karen

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. Maybe I had better stop complaining of the cold . it would not be good to have it so very hot either. I do feel for all the elderly and sick in the USA with all that heat. Different if you are used to a bit of summer heat but to have it thrust upon you in milder climates is hard. The little ones too , would be feeling it badly.
Louise, I do hope you and family are managing to cope.
Charleen, you take care too.
I will only be here a few minutes to say hello , then putout something nice for you all. Hubby has a friend coming and needs me to give him a hand to tidy his work area so they can get in and do whatever it is that men do in their sheds.
Hubby does his building of his radio amplifiers out there and tends to get messy.
I will get out in the garden later and finish planting my bulbs.

Hello to Colleen, Dianne, Pam, Karen, Teresa, Elaine and Anthony.
I will leave you this yummy Devils Food Cake
Have a great day and try to spend some time in the garden enjoying the signs of spring.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Sunshine Coast, Australia

Good morning everyone!

I posted this pic of a plant on another thread on this forum as well as other forums but no one has answered.
I cannot find out the name. I have asked lots of knowledgeable gardeners but they do not know.

Can any one please help me????

Thumbnail by Marleneann

Close up of new growth.

Thumbnail by Marleneann
Barnesville (Charle, GA(Zone 8b)

It is a cute plant. we have something similiar called a Wandering Jew plant. Wonder if it could be in same faimily????
Think I'll google and see......
http://www.houseplantsforyou.com/wandering-jew/
I don't think so. But seems like I've seen it before...sorry...

This message was edited Jul 22, 2011 6:34 PM

Marleneann, it looks an awful lot like the Pellonia repens, often called Watermelon begonia, even though it isn't a begonia

http://jamesmissier.blogspot.com/2010/09/trailing-watermelon-begonia-pellionia.html

Clifton Springs, Australia

Good get, Jean/moon......that looks exactly like it....Marlene will be pleased.
I haven't seen it before...the growing instructions are handy too..

I will save a piece of that yummy cake for afternoon tea, thanks Jean..
Enjoy the peace while it lasts, Colleen...do your own thing...hope the frosts this morning didn't do to much damage.
Dianne.

Thanks Dianne. I was relying on a memory of one my Grandmother had and she has been gone for more than 30 years. Funny how some things just stick with you.

You clever thing Moon ...I thought of a few things but I have never seen that kind of waxy before. Cute name. I thought it looked like some sort of Hoya.
Well it's cold and wet here (not really terrible cold but dampness makes it feel colder I guess (about 55F) sorry ladies I know you would love that right now. Wish I could send it to you.

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday.
back after lunch ^_^

Clifton Springs, Australia

Jean, I went outside to check on those ties and look what I found when I came back in...

Anthony, may the best team win...Go Bombers..

This message was edited Jul 23, 2011 2:02 PM

Thumbnail by Seachanger
Merino, Australia

Hes waiting for the biscuit to go with the cuppa.
Very cute.
I just posted on the brug forum. I found the ties I want on BGI. Silly me , should have looked there first.
Jean

themoonhowl...I think you got it!
Pellonia repens, often called Watermelon begonia.
Thanks so much.

who are these bombers?

Christchurch, New Zealand

nice shake we had, 5.1, the cat never stirred, I woke up & just waited for the rock & rolling to be over & went back to sleep...
it was from the same fault as the September 7.1 quake.
It is bitterly cold here, supposed to get snow to sea level & sleet tomorrow...
we'll see.
Dog club was cancelled due to the forecast, I can sleep in tomorrow morning - first time in a long time!

stay safe,..,glad someone else is cold,its freezing here,.,.car froze over 3 times this morning,..,home by 9am [from groceries] and cranked the fire up

Hope you all have a good day...lots of rain in our forecast. Every drop is sorely needed.

Marleneanne, glad to help..it can be so frustrating to not know who a plant is. Chrissy, my hubby kept saying it was a Hoya also. He almost had me convinced I was mis-remembering Gramma's plant.grin

Dianne, that is a beautiful Kitty...except for the eyes, he could be a twin to my old lady Mea...better known as Princess Grouchypants.

Teresa...continued good thoughts to you. Hubby says you folks need to find out who is making Mother Nature so angry and "vote them off the Island".

Stay warm and be safe.

Moon

Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. Time for a move as the path was getting long, so we have gone here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1199461/
It is very dark here this morning with more rain overnight . Nothing much was done yesterday and looks like nothing will be done today either.
Teresa, best place to be in the winter weather, stay in bed.
The animals must be getting very used to the shaking when they dont bother to wake.
Charleen and Moon, I hope you are doing okay in all that heat. You could post it over to me . I hope Louise is not getting too much of it either. Can be awful for people when they are not used to it.
Hello Chrissy, Pam, Karen and Dianne.
Colleen, are you enjoying the quiet ?
I had better get out in the kitchen and see whats there to feed you all.
Have a happy day wherever you are.
Try this lovely lot of Lemon Bars.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Brisbane, Australia

I adore that cat pic, ready to start work, complete with keyboard and coffee............

Karen

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.