Aristolochia question.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I have a two year old Aristolochia fimbriata in the ground that is in the wrong place, deep dark shade .. it's about 4 - 6 inches long and I want to move it and pot it up. Can someone tell me if Aristolochia takes kindly to being moved? If not, what's the best way to accomplish this please?

Thanks

X

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

I moved A. fimbriata this past spring. It did well and is growing and bloomimg. Right now, maybe pot your small plant and keep it in a cool spot protect it from heat shock. Mine reseeds. I have brugs in large pots and the fimbriata comes back year after year.
Johanna

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks!

Titusville, FL(Zone 9b)

I have no problems moving them I had some growing to trade they were all growing in full sun, I popped them up and sent them out and no one ever had an issue and they were sent bare root.
The only issue I had was gestimating how deep the root was, I didn't want to damage them, for small plants they have huge root stocks. The ones I managed to damage a bit and kept never blinked at me when transplanted. Hope that helps, Patti

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I haven't moved mine yet .. I was planning to dig it up in February. I'll definitely dig deep. Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.