Camellia Virus?

Ontario, CA(Zone 8b)

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this. I'm hoping maybe others here in California have camellias and know something about this. =)

I have a camellia bush that was already here when I bought the house. It has never seemed all that healthy. We've been here two years and both years, the blooms turned brown almost immediately. They aren't necessarily falling right away, but turning into small hardened brown dried blooms. The leaves have never been that great, with a lot of them dying and falling off. I had read that camellia's like coffee grounds, so I had poured some old coffee grounds around the base of the bush.

Today, I noticed that some of the leaves are funny colors. They are bright yellow with small circular splotches of green (picture attached - ignore the teeny tiny bright green specks - paint from when my neighbor painted his garage last year). Could I have caused that with the coffee grounds? Would this be the camellia leaf yellow mottle virus? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Sharon

Thumbnail by SkeptikSharon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.