Better, Best is Yet to Come!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Start off with a mighty "Happy Birthday, Chele".
Your thread was getting a tad long.
Your good friend Melissa wants to keep posting.
So here we are, a nice new thread.
Bernie

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

I was going to vote to keep it too. Enjoy hearing what Chele and the family is doing, and love the people here too.

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Chele!!

Thanks Bernie. :)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Chele!

I've been clobbered by a summertime cold. I went through almost 2 boxes of kleenex yesterday! That's not the kind of personal record that I'm trying to set :- ()

Pat

Waddy, KY

Pat, that's the time to pull out the big guns! Puff's with lotion!l LOL!

Happy Birthday Chele! If you were closer I'd give you a piece of the many left over wedding cakes! I brought the flopped bottom layer to work this morning. It should disappear before the day is over. I think there's still at least parts of 3 other cakes in the cooler. 2nd DD took the real bottom layer wedding cake over to the mill with her Monday. I think it lasted until noon. I think employees as well as customers were chowing down. They wanted to know who I was marrying off next week.

I was supposed to get my tomatoes and squash weeded this morning by the summer help but somehow that got bumped for something else. Get ready here comes the whine... Seems like what I want done always gets bumped for something until I go and do it myself. I'm betting he won't get my ground plowed until late July and then wonder why I'm not planting pumpkins and winter squash.

We're adding a Louisville market this weekend. We gave up a local Wed. evening market and the Horse Park market and this one will make up for them and then some. Plus it won't disrupt the middle of the week. Saturday's will be hectic and I've got to figure out the logistics of keeping it going while the daylilies are blooming but after that it should settle down some.

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Happy BIRTHday TO YOOOOOOU!!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you all! The younger kids bought me a nice insulated cup to take to games and outside. They also picked me up a strawberry cake and strawberry icing. My Grandma used to make that cake for my birthday. My great aunt always made me a strawberry cake with strawberries and strawberry glaze. Isn't it nice that they remember that. :)

Pat, we've been battling the funk too. I think it's because it's finally hot and dry and the farmers are busting buns. Lots of spraying and tilling suddenly going on. Watch for slow traffic! Giggled today driving home from the post office. International Harvester was on the radio while we traveled 10 mph behind a HUGE something or other. LOL

Gotta figure out what I'm doing for a few hours then Carly has a home softball game.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

HaPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! I was working outside, but the flys were biting so bad they drove me a little more nutso. They used to say that when the flys bite, it means it's going to rain. I didn't think I'd be saying it this soon, but we could use some rain. The farmers have been in the fields the last two weeks, planting day and night and they are praying for rain also. It will probably cool down next week when we go to Texas. LOL They are in a historic drought, and the lake that my daughter lives on is completely dry. A flock of herons came in and got the fish and brought them into the yards and left the remains to cook in the 100 degree heat. She was more than unhappy at the stench and having to clean it all up. Uck! Our Grandkids are celebrating their 5th and 7th birthdays on 18th and for once, we'll get to celebrate with them. I haven't seen them since Christmas and I'm getting real anxious. Stay cool everyone ! Lurker Lou

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Happy Birthday...do something special for yourself...you deserve it.

Debbie

Barberton, OH

Happy B'day! Chele, wasn't it convenient you were bore during strawberry season. My mother was canning peaches the day before I was born and was thinking of naming me "Stoney"
Herman

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

ROFL, Herman!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Badseed!

Thumbnail by critterologist
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

My name probably should have been Sally, based on conception but I'll save that story for another day. LOL

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Chele. Have a wonderful year, and many ever more wonderful ones.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you. :)

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Happy birthday! I almost checked DG so late that I missed it!

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Chele. Hugs

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Happy 2 more hours of your bday, Chele! Had to fix some leaks on my pool liner as well - what a pain! Hope you were able to get all of yours done, I bet the kids were anxious.

Happy Happy, since I am so late wishing you the Happy Birthday, celebrate another day just for me!

DGD and I went to the grocery this morning, and was home by 10:30, and when we got the groceries put away, she flopped in a recliner, and I flopped on the couch. I think the last 2 weeks of working hard has finally caught up with me, and I truly took a day off. Well, I did go out about 3:30 and chop off some more spent iris stalks, and took a few weeds out of that bed, then came in and cooked supper. So very little work out of me today.

We had a hose break on the pool, and had to stop by the pool store and get that, bought an extra one, as I am sure we will have another one break before the season is over. DH got in the pool for the first time today after he had put out soaker hoses in the garden and he was all hot and sweaty.

Pat, sorry to hear about you having the summer cold. They are worse than the winter ones. Take Janet's advice, and get the puffs with lotion, or you will have all the skin off your nose and may be in danger of having a nose transplant.

Janet, I bet the employees at both places are sure glad the "test cakes" are still edible. Who cares if the looks aren't perfect. Aww, I know the feeling about your work coming behind anything else that needs doing. Sometimes, I just don't even mention any plans I might have, and catch him on the spur of the moment. Like this spring when he had the tiller on the tractor tilling the garden, when he finished with that, I went out and said before you put it away can you....., and it got done, so maybe you will have to work it from that angle.

We are trying to plan a trip for DGD, and then a trip of a few days for DH and my DTS and her DH and of course me. It would work out great if we could go while DGD is gone, but we will have to see.

Don't know what tomorrow will find me doing, but it will be early in the morning, before it gets too hot out.

Lou, have fun on your trip. Bet you are excited getting to see the DGChildren. That will be great celebrating their birthdays.

~~~ at Mystic, Jules, Esther, Melissa, welcome Debsroots, Renee, Critter.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you for all of the birthday wishes. It's nice to see you all. :)

Just ate the strawberry cake with strawberry icing that Kristenne baked for me, just like my Grandma used to make.

Carly's team won their game tonight, 21-11. Nobody got a home run for me though...

I'm going to hit the sack. Melissa is coming to play tomorrow afternoon. We are going to swap out some plants and hang out for a bit. She and Morganne have way too much fun together. LOL

I need to get a couple of boxes of plants ready to mail Saturday morning on our way to Carly's game. She has 2 games on Sunday. Then I have to get in packing mode for Monday morning.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well I missed this happy birthday party...but better late than never! Besides...I DID wish her happy birthday on FB, didn't I, Chele??
Just now catching up on my reading on here..and what you all been doing.
Nothing going on here...either too hot..too wet...or something!
Gotta head to the shower...have a great day all!!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

FB, huh? Already wished me happy birthday? I don't know what you are talking about. LOL *GRINS* Yes, yes, you were at the other "party". It's all good!

If the storms ever pull through here, they say it will only get up to 80° on Sunday...

Barberton, OH

Only 65 when I got up at 9 this AM Told you I take it easy.
Herman

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

When you woke up, YOU were 65 or the temp was?? LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Pat, thank you so much for the birthday card. :) I'll write to you later.

Barberton, OH

Wish I was 65 again. 15 years sure takes a toll. Humidity high, guess I'll hit the gym after lunch.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm starting to wonder what you find so fascinating at that gym, aside from the temperature. LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Melissa just left here after visiting for about 4 hours. The kids invited her to spend the night but her own kids were calling and trying to make dinner plans.

She got here just in time to see the electric company's tree crew dump a giant load of mulch for me. :) Hey, it was worth 1/2 a dozen soft drinks. LOL (bats eyelashes)

Melissa brought us so much stuff! The kids had a great time going through all the books and bathing suits and clothes and I don't even know what else. I even got lots of new stuff!!

It was great to hang out but I don't think she took near enough plants with her. I still have more...

Barberton, OH

It's not what is at the gym, but what I take away--Stronger muscles and a belly that I can close my pants around. Went from 36 to loose 34" waist. My life was complicated enough. I like it the way it is, at least for a while. I know you were kidding, but it is all about getting my life back. Lots of time left for future entanglements. After the gym and some shopping, I worked some more on the front hedge before dinner. Yew hedge that wasn't cut properly for about 5 years. Last summer I was using loppers and a pole pruner to try to bring it back. No pics, ever! If I look at it too long, I get sea sick.
Herman

Chele, glad that you had a good day with Melissa. Wow, you both hit the jackpot if you traded clothes for plants.

I got out this morning and did a bit of weed chopping, then we had a little shower and I got wet before I got inside, then it stopped raining. Then the rest of the day was doing laundry and napping. The last two days I have done a lot of napping, Not sick but wonder if I am ready to come down with something.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Quite the exciting storm this afternoon. I'd repositioned the rain barrel & went out to see how it was working. LOL, the flexible pipe that went from the downspout to the barrel had fallen down! Oh, my, I could now see clearly why I probably picked the wrong downspout... I could have filled up a bathtub in 1 minute or less. Went down to the basement to find that the previous watery sites were dry, but that I'd developed two new wet spots. Two window wells on the bedroom end of the house were sending little rivulets of water cascading down. They both have plastic covers over the wells, so I'm not sure what to do next. Move sounds good abt now, but of course it's out of the question unless I win ther lottery, & I'd have to play to win!

Chele, one of the daylilies you gave me was in bloom yesterday, and the others are getting ready. I'll send you some pictures when they're open.
Pat

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

It was not a good or fair trade at all! Melissa barely took anything! I think she left with a flat of peppers, a big elephant ear, a couple of black sweet potato vines and a weeping butterfly bush. A lot of people would have wiped me out and she barely took a thing!

I hear ya Herman! I'm glad you are taking good care of yourself and planning ahead. :) You are right. I was just razzing you. I miss the gym! We had lifetime memberships before we moved here. They had really cheap babysitting too. I could see the kids unless I was in the cardio-room and work out to my hearts content. It sure feels good to go work up a good sweat and watch your body change. Mine's been changing the last few years and not for the better. LOL

Bonnie, could it just be the heat messing with you? I've been tired too. It's been too hot to sleep well. Plus when the air is so heavy outside, it's hard to work outside. Maybe it's nature's way of telling you to go in and take a break.

Pat, I'm sorry about your rain woes. Maybe you could have someone come out and look at it and give you some ideas that you could do yourself or get your guys to help with it, after you hear some good things that might work? I am glad to hear that your daylilies are doing well. :) I hope you enjoy them!

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday, Chele. There is a thread for your birthday in Daylilies forum. You need to go look!!
Judy

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Thank you Judy! I'm so sorry I didn't think to look there!

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Shipped 211 plants today.

Got another free load of mulch from the tree trimmers again today.

Transplanted, watered, mowed a bit.

I'm ready for bed. Got about 4 hours sleep last night.

Waddy, KY

Went to the dentist yesterday. It seems like they're watching every inch of my tooth surface so of course they found a cavity. Below the level of the gold crown. They said they'd "try" a "repair" otherwise I guess they'll want to do a new crown. Wanna bet where we're going with this? I bet I can already start saving my change for this one.

Cutting hay like mad. They start cutting as soon as the dew is off, cut until around 2:00 then start the rake and baler. They aren't rolling out of the field until dark. My blackberries and new daylilies need watering. Hopefully tonight. I have to dig 4 daylily orders so I'll turn on the water while I'm up there. The kids will have to clean the plants and get them ready to ship tomorrow morning.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Tell them just to pull the tooth. LOL One visit and done and hopefully no surprises. Otherwise I bet you have one visit to drill and fill and another for a new crown unless they find something new to charge for. Ahem.

The tree guys are here again today. Hope I get another pile of mulch. They seem surprised I want it. I believe they are from Mexico and we have a bit of an issue with communication. I keep telling Morganne and Kristenne to go out as they both have 2 years of Spanish under their belts. I took French and German which are totally useless as I'll probably never go to Europe!

Yesterday they got the truck stuck. Neither them nor me thought much of them backing all the way down the line. Forgot about the rain over the weekend. I had to lend them a bunch of shovels. Then my neighbor came in his Bobcat and pulled them out. Then I got that second pile of mulch. I told him he never brought his toys over to play with me and he just laughed.

After the tree guys left, I mowed their path for them so they can SEE to get back there. Had to quit before I got much done. Dinner, TV and bed. I was dead tired.

I have two boxes to get out today and a lot of work to do... This cool weather is making me so tired! I just want to stay in bed. It sure is nice to work in it though!

Jamestown, KY(Zone 6a)

Wish I had your energy!! Please send the rain. We had so much rain and it drowned things this spring..just a couple weeks later and the drought began. If we have 30-40 per cent chance of rain, it doesn't rain. I need to pull weeds. They grow in any condition..lol..

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't have my energy. LOL I have to push ahead anyway. grumble grumble.

Gathered laundry, got dressed, running out the door.

Thanks again for the birthday present. :)

Barberton, OH

Chele. I worked in trees. the only word you need at the end of the day is "cervesa" or whatever the spanish is for cold beer. Just make sure its the END of the day. Amazing what a 6-pack can get you. LOL

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

LOL Yes, I did consider they'd love a Cerveza or too. Problem is, they are driving company trucks. I don't want to get them in trouble. Thought it might not be appropriate to invite them back...me and 7 kids and all. LOL Even if I bought them beer to take with, might not look good if they jump out of the truck with a 12 pack. Ahem. They got soft drinks, water and juice last time.

I figure I'm saving them a trip to a landfill or something? They are still out there working. I mowed some more space *just in case* they want to drop some more shredded wood. hehehe

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.