Trumpet lily source

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

My friend is looking for a source for a pink trumpet lily. She was able to get a "Pink Perfection" but would like one that is a clearer pink...like the very tall one that was lost this winter.
The closest I could come was "Griesbach tetra pink" which is, of course; sold out from lilynook.
Any suggestions for another place to search for great selections (not wholesale).
Would really appreciate it.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

No idea what it is that was lost over the winter?

I see that Griesbach Tetra Pink is listed as 'planted out' rather than sold out. You're not likely going to be able to buy bulbs this time of year from a vendor like Lily Nook. Since lilies are never truly dormant (like tulips or daffs) remaining stock from Spring sales would be planted back in the ground to grow for another year to be harvested for sale in the Fall. Besides, lilies like to be planted when the soil is cool for best results.

At least in the meantime you can shop. :)

This message was edited Jun 4, 2011 10:55 PM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Would your friend be interested in something like this? http://www.lilybulb.com/l5003.html

Divine

Thumbnail by Moby
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Another intense pink is Robina. Mine is easily 4 ft. tall. http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=844

Thumbnail by Moby
south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the info. I will let her know about keeping an eye out for it in the fall. She is, I think; particularly fond of clear pastels. I shared my daylily that fit the bill with Double Classic and Pink Lavender Appeal.
She liked the Pink Perfection that I was able to find a source, but liked her paler/clearer one better. She didn't know the name, but did say that it was as tall as she was (maybe 5'9"...I am 4' 11'..so that bloom would have covered my head in the rain.
If she is able to find it, might she be able to grow it on patio? (She may be retiring next year-late 70s' now) and it would be great if she could travel with it to a condo.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

She could, but she would need to find a way to give the lily the winter chill it needs without freezing. It would fare better in the ground and lilies are easily transplanted.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.