Is it ok to run sprinklers in a closed loop?

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9b)

Are there any benefits to, or reasons that I shouldn't run sprinklers in a closed loop?

I have a small L shaped area where I'm planting grass. One leg is about 5'x15' the other is about 12'x4'. About 130 total sq. feet. In order to have what I understand to be proper sprinkler coverage, (the spray from neighboring heads overlapping completely) I'm installing 16 heads. Each head will only spray between four and five feet. I hope to water the entire area from one valve. Is it ok to run a T from the valve and close the loop or should I leave the loop open? I'm hoping I'll have enough pressure for complete coverage. If not I'll have to install a new valve and run new wires. If that is the case, my original question is moot.:(

Thanks in advance, David

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!