2011 new additions / early blooms

Athens, PA

Jan

You can do things that we cannot do though. I would have epis hanging from every available area if I were there....

It is fun to learn, isn't it?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

I love learning about new plants but really miss the beauty of a perennial garden.

Ok going to look up epis as I've never heard of this one. Thanks for a new plant.

Jan

Athens, PA

Jan

you can find them on DG under orchid cactus. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/episetc/all/

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

they are mighty interesting, will be checking into them and reading up on them.

thanks

Jan

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

here's a pic from June 1st.

Thumbnail by pgt
North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Looks great!

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

And this is what happens when you are a gardener with ADHD with very little impulse control. I was spotting a lot of powdery mildew on my Phlox paniculata. The Johnson's Blue Geraniums on the left were flopping over everything in front of it. The foliage of my columbine had leaf miner lines all over it. I went in there and cut all my Phlox, the jb Geraniums on the left and the columbine to the ground! This (OF COURSE) leaves giant wholes in my garden. Oh what did I do ?!

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

a pic from the other side :( You can really see the damage that I've done in this picture.

Thumbnail by pgt
Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

I'm going to have to have my husband hide my garden shears next June. I get itchy to cut back everything.

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

not to mention that it's going to look so sad when there's no phlox blooming at the end of the summer. uggh.

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

pgt

I've done the very same thing, and even though it has some small open spots it was the best thing to do for the plants....

(I've got ADHD as well)....LOL

Jan

Chalfont, PA(Zone 6b)

Jan, glad to hear I'm not the only one who is shear-happy.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.