Flower/Bulb ID

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

My neighbor in E WA gave me this plant last weekend, and I was hoping someone could help me ID it. If no help here, I will go to the other DG thread but I know we have such a very knowledgeable group that I should be able to get my info here. Thanks

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

Thanks, Kym, for the response. I don't think that is likely as they come from the dry part of the state. I will try to get more background when I go back next weekend to put my tomato plants into the garden there.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I don't know what it is. Have asked a gardening friend who will try to find out.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

The answer is in: Ornithogalum dubium, perhaps? From what I can see on the Internet, it does look like it!

Kathy, I think that is probably right. When I go over this coming weekend I will try to get more information. The only ones of those I have seen before were the bright orange ones that I drool over at Walmart every year but just can't bring myself to purchase again. They are quite expensive and I did once but was not successful in keeping it alive.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

They need exceptionally good drainage. I've lost them, as well, but the ones I had were white.

Salem, OR(Zone 8b)

It's beautiful. I wonder how it does if kept as a houseplant?

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

kosk - I have seen them being sold in the floral section at QFC, so keep your eye out. Looks like you can grow them inside with enough sun: http://ornithogalum.net/en/species/ornithogalum-dubium/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.