Wrong Zone

Dayton, OH

I bought some Princess Lilies today from Lowe's and just found out they are for Zone 8-10 I live in Zone 5. I wish they wouldn't sell flower's to Zone's that you don't live in. I'm going to call them tomorrow and tell them I want my money back.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Alstromeria? Some are hardy in Z5. Do you know which varieties?

Dayton, OH

yes, they are both Alstroemeria 1- called Sara Princess Liliy. I looked this up on the net and it is for Zone 8-10. The other one is Inticancha Red Princess Lily. I called Lowe's and they said I could bring them back if I have my receipt. Which I do

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Did you check Plant Files and google another site?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Those two aren't hardy in zone 5. I expect they are being sold as annuals. They do flower for a long time.

Dayton, OH

Well anyway I took them back and got my money. Will buy some other flowers from Lowe's later on, but will make sure they are for this zone.

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Lowe's is always sending us stuff then says perennial but I have finally gotten smart and read the tags. Sure it's perennial down to 0F or -10F. Won't do me a lick of good when it hits -20 or colder. Plus I think that the length of the winter has to have some effect also. If it doesn't say goo to -25 or more, I pass.

Dayton, OH

I usually read the labels, but I got so excited when I saw those flowers the only thing I noticed was for full sun, at the store. When I got home I found out after I looked on the internet, that they were not for my Zone. Live and learn I'll make sure the next time. I hope.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.