Foster home for a Great Dane needed!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Trying to help find a foster home for a young Great Dane in VA/PA/MD+++ area, he's at a shelter in Winchester - help needed ASAP and would be sponsored by Mid-Atlantic Great Dane rescue league :-)

Thumbnail by Bec_No_Va
Athens, PA

have you spoken with Ronnie DG name - luvsgreatdanes?

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Sent her link on FB :-) I 'think' we have a home lined up for him :-)

Athens, PA

Fantastic!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Also working on a couple of Mastiff's in PA - poor things got caught in a divorce and found themselves homeless!

Athens, PA

poor things. Wish I could take them...

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I would love to, he looks so sweet and sad. Just don't think Buddy would tolerate another dog. We were very pleased that he accepted Jamie's little Doxie. Of course she was in heat when we introduced them. Buddy might be an old dog but he is still male. LOL

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

The rescues are always looking for temporary foster homes - let me know if y'all would be able to do something like that :-)

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

yeah but---you know its so easy to fall in love and adopt for yourself instead of fostering!
We met and Italian Mastiff the other day. Great dog.

Athens, PA

I'd love to do something like that, but I'd have to find a foster home for hubby!

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL - No, I understand completely the dilemma one could find oneself in in regards to fostering :-) The advantages about fostering is the short term commitment, and the satisfaction of knowing you've helped a critter(s) in need - friend of mine just fostered a few puppies - in her garage, for a few weeks and then they eventually went to their permanent homes - she told me it was hard to give them back, but knew she had done the right thing and then went on to the next bunch :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Both Jen and Josh got great dogs from Petfinders. They were both gotten out of shelters and placed with foster families.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.