What a flower!

Mulberry, FL

Hawaiian Sunset vine. This bloomed this winter colors weren't right with the cold weather but its got it toegther now

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

Heres another shot no scent, but well worth it

Thumbnail by Danasplants
North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

That's beautiful!

Beaumont, TX(Zone 9a)

Never heard of this vine...lovely.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

Stictocardia

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love this vine!!

Mulberry, FL

I'm loving it nice plant have it growing in a pot too so every one in the cold country can grow these and bring them in for the winter

Mesilla Park, NM

oh Dana, that is beautiful.. I have a small plant going now. How long did your's take to bloom?

Mexia, TX(Zone 8a)

Well looks like I need to add that to my want list too. I think my want list is growing alot faster than my have list...lol

Mulberry, FL

Trust me I know this was good joining but bad too I never knew about all this lol but now I have it :)

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

Gourd hard to tell you that I have seedlings there not even close I bought one last fall before the cold it came in a little pot. I think it was a rooted peice of the mother plant. Just after christmas in my plant room it flowered.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

My mother plant bloomed in the middle of the winter in the hothouse and then went dormant..it came back from the roots..YEA! looking forward to seeing it bloom in the deary winter again..lol

Mulberry, FL

This one bloomed in my plant room this winter too

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Anyone know where this can be bought as a plant?

Mulberry, FL

Ebay thats where I got mine

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

Thanks that is where mine is coming from too :o)

Mulberry, FL

Wish it had a scent

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

That would make it perfect.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

So how big do they need to be before flowering?

Mulberry, FL

They have to grow 5 ft or more before mine did

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

4 feet to go!!

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

I snipped the growing end tip so I can have more side shoots..that is where my blooms came from..the side shoots..

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

moodene thanks for the tip

Clatskanie, OR(Zone 8a)

Really enjoyed your pix of "Hawaiian Sunset" stictocardia. Now it is time to grow some of the other species of Stictocardia. Their seeds become available in our fall months, and that is the time to germinate them and grow them. You might want to visit the Morning Glory thread and read what Beckygardener wrote about growing seeds last fall.
There are about 4 other species of stictocardia, with very similar flower color, but different shaped flowers. I think you are probably the one to have success with them all. Frank

Mulberry, FL

Thanks Frank mines going to town right now I have really enjoyed growing this one. I have read some of Beckys posts she has it going on!

Marco Island, FL(Zone 10b)

I have one growing on a fence-- carry a machete and don't let small dogs or children near it! It grows QUICKLY!! I pull shoots off of it weekly so it won't strangle the other plants. It almost did in a fishtail palm-- has grown 40 feet very quickly! A great screen, -- we call it the bean-stalk vine!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Late joining the conversation...sorry but just in case - dogwooderitternet on ebay has them each year. He has great plants...always healthy

Thumbnail by Chantell
Clatskanie, OR(Zone 8a)

Debijayne.....wonderful to see you back from all that business. Pulease show us some pictures of that vine you are talking about. You probably have the most tropical yard environment, of all of us her at Dave's Garden, and our plants probably don't need the hacking to keep the size down. Most of us would like to see the leaves and the vines in a picture. Frank

Mulberry, FL

Thats were i bought mine from last year this one does not produce seeds

I braved the killer mosquitoes and got a picture of the vine and some other vines as well, if anyone may be interested. We have hacked it back fairly much this summer as it is trying to eat a fishtail palm or two! The plant underneath is an Awabuki(sp) and grows like a weed as well.

Thumbnail by Debijaynes
Clatskanie, OR(Zone 8a)

Debijayne........... thanks so much for your picture of the fishtail palm and the Stictocardia! We here in the Pacufic North West can only dream of grounds and yards like yours............Drool.......... It would be nice to see more pictures of more plants in your grounds, and even maybe some horses.

Mulberry, FL

Yes thats a healthy plant! Marco Island wheres the fishing pole if I lived there I proably would not have any plants. Would be on the water every day excellent fishing get down there once in a while. Thanks for sharing the pic. Heres one of mine a seedling mixed in with a couple different passeys it has not started to super size the leaves my older vine does that where the leaves get huge.

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

This is sky blue vine 2nd year here things a monster. I built the trellis made it 12 ft tall first year it covered it cold killed it back to the ground spring in 1 month it was to the top again it is just starting to flower now

Thumbnail by Danasplants

My lemon tree became a bit of an over-achiever this year--hopefully its leaves will grow back. I'll post some orchids pics if I can find them!

Thumbnail by Debijaynes
Mulberry, FL

This year I picked up the variegated version of this its really neat looking

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

I have quite a few citrus too 4 different lemons those ponderosa are something else these are mostly for show but you do get alot of zest from these

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

Heres the variegated blue sky vine

Thumbnail by Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

Blue pea vine this is the bluest flower i have ever seen

Thumbnail by Danasplants

Quote from Danasplants :
I have quite a few citrus too 4 different lemons those ponderosa are something else these are mostly for show but you do get alot of zest from these

My ponderosa is going great guns as well! My Italian friends preserve them-- I'll see if I can get the recipe for you. I have Persian Lime. honeybell. Meyer lemon, grapefruit, tangerine and Key Lime as well. The Persian Lime from the flea market is doing the best of all of them! I have come to the conclusion that they need to be drowned in the first few years. You can never have enough limes!

Mulberry, FL

If you ever come my way polk county get with me I have a citrus nursery here that has been in business almost 30 years family run great people. There plants are excellent prices are great too. I have got to get back there want a sweet kumquat and pineapple orange . I have 3 different kinds of pomello couple different limes 2 different tangerines and white and ruby red grapefruit . And a unusual buddahs hand my sister likes them in her Martini's lol I also have Jackfruit you might like to try one check out the Honey jackfruit these are interesting largest tree born fruit there supposed to taste like juicey fruit gum! And now they have low chill peach trees Dwarf papayas as you can see I like to grow my own lol

Thumbnail by Danasplants

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.