Arkansas RU swap thread

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have more than enough to share!! If you put them in a nice shady area and be sure they get plenty of water they will thrive. I gave some to my neighborhood for him to put in a damp shady area that he couldn't get anything to grow in and they spreading like crazy for him.

North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Plants potted, door prize in sack...all I need is to ready the food!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Have none of that done! I'd better get on the ball.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I think we need to change Kim's name from duckmother to "smarty pants"! ROFL!!! Everything potted and a door prize bought, already! She's trying to make the rest of us look bad. I have a bunch of daffodil bulbs "potted"----in paper bags! LOL Haven't even thought about a door prize yet!

LOL Not trying to make you look bad...just excited!

I know it is late, but my friend Holly is coming with me, too. If it is not too late she would like...

Karen-Monarda, Aster, Day Lily
Janie-Potentilla Melton Fire
Trish-Liatris, Stargazer, Brug and White Phlox

I am not certain what she is bringing...but I think morning glory. I told her dig some stuff and bring it ;o) If I find out any plants, I will post.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I have Holly down for those..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have Holly down for her plants and Kim if you don't stop making the rest of us look unorganized I'm gonna make you come clean my house. I have NOT potted up all my plants I have NOT bought a door prize, I have NOT cleaned my pad so IF you are lucky you'll be able to find a clean spot for your door prize and a place to put down your food and your behind.

Seriously, I hope you guys aren't expecting a botanical garden spot - things will be clean but you are going to get to see my yard (we country folk don't have lawns) with all it's warts, weed beds and gems! I'm sure we are going to have FUN!FUN!!FUN!!!

BTW - we do have an above ground pool and you ladies are certainly welcome to bring your suits and take a dip - there isn't enough money to get me in my bathing suit for this crowd but hey if you want to it is there to enjoy!!

I guess we will start around 10:00 or so and I have sent directions to my house via d-mail so let me know what else you need.

SEE YA ON SATURDAY!!

This message was edited May 31, 2011 10:18 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm also one of those not so organized folks as well!! I did pick up a door prize today. Dug some things yesterday. Some things I needed to divide. Not sure what all I'll end up with, just depends on what I have time to do. So it's going to be a surprise!!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

I went to Home Depot yesterday but totally forgot about a door prize. Guess I'll have to go back tomorrow. LOL
thanks for the directions, Karen. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I have all my things potted except one.. I have to go to Pine Bluff tomorrow to take my oldest son for further allergy testing so I will shop for door prize while I am there.. So Im almost ready, but really excited... Karen Im sure every thing will be just Great.. I think I will for go the swim untill I lose a few more pounds tho...

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Nothing like waiting till the last min to post what you have lol

here are a few things already potted or easily accessable, I worked 95 hrs this past 2 weeks, I don't have much time to get out there and dig. that veggie garden is going to be the death of me yet. I wish I had time to dig up anything you guys wanted, especially those that haven't been over here digging themselves lol .

Neon sedum 1
crazy ruffles sedum 1
abbydore sedum 1

mojito mint some rooted in a glass in the kitchen window
3 cherry trees, not sure what kind
clerodendrum bungee in a pot 1

Bringing Trish : a few louisiana irises a nd monarda. if I can get them dug in time.

marilyn I have all those torch lilies I got from you a while back, want me to bring them? the ee's you gave me never came up .

I have to go get a door prize now that i know i'm going for sure.

Wooo Hooo! If you want to ride with me (and Sandy) you are more than welcome.

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm bringing my swimsuit!!!! WooHooooooo!!!

Well here's to all of us unorganized people!!!

I have my purple iris dug but have ran into a problem with the yellow ones, I have Elephant Garlic growing in them!!!!!! I don't know if I can get the iris out without getting the elephant garlic with it, but I'm going to try. I'm going to have to get on this, what sucks is I can't go out in the morning and do it before it gets too hot because I have to come to work, so because of my procrastination I'm going to have to dig in the heat of the day. BUT it's all worth it!!!

Here are all of my purple Iris, they have white beards, I guess I'm going to put them on Craigslist. I probably have just as many yellow ones.

Thumbnail by crissyr

Here's what the purple look like...

Thumbnail by crissyr

Here's what the yellow ones look like!

Thumbnail by crissyr

Well that's not the picture I wanted LOL!! Heeeeere's the picture I wanted.

They smell like birthday cake!

This message was edited Jun 1, 2011 9:29 AM

Thumbnail by crissyr

I know, I'm hijacking the thread, but here's a better pic of a yellow.

Thumbnail by crissyr
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Pretty iris, Crissy!

No, Kathy Ann, I don't want any torch lilies. I have a few in a pot that I am keeping and I am also bringing a pot for whoever wants them. thanks anyway.

Crissy, my friend Holly would love a few yellow iris!

KA, are the cherry trees ornamentals or true cherries? Holly would like the bungee, mint and a cherry tree.

I would like some torch lilies KA if you have extras:)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

The torch lilies are the ones that Marilyn gave me to give to cindy. I was asking her basically what she wanted me to do with them. So, what cha want me to do with them Marilyn?

The cherry tree is a real cherry tree, but I think you might need two of them for pollenation. don't quote me on that. their extras from allt he ones I got from Sandra. I have about 5 in the ground, and 3 left. to give away.

Do you want me to save the torch lilies for cindy? there are 4 pots I think out there, I could bring one to Karen.

I'll be at your house sat morning kim!!

No problem KA I don't NEED torch lillies for sure:)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I hope I didn't say that comment the wrong way. Didn't mean to if I did. Just wanted to get marilyn's permission to give them away . I'm sure she wont' mind though.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

go ahead and bring the torch lilies, KA. Cindy won't mind. Honeybunch wants some, too. I think there are enough to go around. Thanks! The EE's that I potted up and brought with me didn't make it through the winter, either.

If any of you have EE's to share, I would like one or two please. Thanks.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have an NOID that I'm bringing that I don't think you can kill.

I kill EE's, took a whole bunch from Kim's RU and they all died, I even overwintered them, I don't know.

You got it Kim!

So I have:

Yellow Iris going to:
Kim and Holly - total of 4
Marilyn - 3
Karen - 2

I would like:
Hostas - Kim

I also have some extra ee's to bring. Crissy, if you have anymore yellow iris, please bring a few extras.

If I can I will, but I have elephant garlic growing in them that's not ready to come up yet so I'm going to try to dig those up without digging the elephant garlic up, plus that's in full sun all day and I can't get out there until 6pm to dig them, which is my fault because of my horrible procrastination habits.

It's the strangest thing, we had 8 stalks of elephant garlic growing in the front flowerbed for 3 years in a row, this year nothing came up in the front flowerbed, but there are 8 stalks growing in my iris!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

ok I'll bring the torch lilies, I think there's 4 or 5 pots of them out there.

Kathy I didn't take offense at all just letting you know I didn't NEED torch lilies just wanted them:)

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

ok, good, i'll bring them all to the RU

I potted a few more EEs and let me tell you...in case you did not know...it is HOT!

It is HOT, too hot for too long already!!!

I got my door prize today! La la la laaaaaa I didn't put it off until after work, I am sooooo impressed with myself!

I'm so excited about tomorrow!!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I got mine too . I think i'll try to pick it if i'm the first one to drawer lol

I need it.

your right, it is hot, we've been out side working. if I could just sweat off the #'s it would be worth it.

Yep it is HOT HOT HOT! I mulched today and thank god for the pool or I'd have had a HEAT STROKE!!! See you guys in the morning!!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

This just reminded me I had better go make my grape salad!!!!!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

I hate to say this but I cant make it today to the RU..

My son and another student was selected by Farm Bureau as receipients of a sponsership to a week long program at Harding University in Searcy " National Leadership Forum" I have already been to LR one time this week and now I have to bring them up tomorrow,I cant justify another trip up today.. The expense of gas is just to muc for my gas guzzler..I thought the school was providing a way for them to get there when he they selected him, but since it isnt "exactly" school related they wont..Good excuse I guess..

I will be coming thru that area tomorrow I would still like to bring you guys the things I have dug for you..The only person I even remotely know where they live is Kim.. (would need directions again) Maybe I could stop by there and leave the plants and bulbs I have for Janie Karen and Holly? I hope to go by Kathy Ann's on Sunday after I drop the boys off.. I possibly could leave the plants there? If you guys want me to have the plants you dug maybe you can send them with Kathy, or divide them up amongst yourself there.. I sure dont want them to go to waste..If theres extras no one wants send them my way I will get them planted too...I was really looking forward to seeing everyone again, but instead I have to spend the day shopping for clothes and accessories he needs thru the week. I am proud the school found he him responsible enough to be nominated for this program. I just hate it messed my plans for the weekend up..I know you guys are going to have a great time,so sorry I wont be there...

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'll take them home with me Trish, and when you come Sunday, you can get them then ok.

sorry you will miss the RU.

Oh poo, Trish, I hate that you cannot make it. You are more than welcome to come by here and drop off stuff...I will dmail directions...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.