Arkansas RU swap thread

(karen) Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Here's where we'll post what we have/want or are willing to dig in the next few weeks

I have

Purple dwarf iris - Kim
White Monarda- Holly. Trish
Immortality Iris - Kim, Crissy, Janie, Trish
Pink wood sorrel - Kim
Purple Aster- Holly, Trish
Mary Todd Daylily - Janie, Holly

I would like
Kim Hostas
Crissy yellow iris or two
Janie Asiatic lily and Potentilla Melton Fire

This message was edited May 21, 2011 9:07 PM

This message was edited May 31, 2011 2:44 PM

This message was edited May 31, 2011 2:46 PM

Thumbnail by kjuddy
North Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I would like immortality iris and sorrel please...

I have: All kinds of ferns, hosta and EEs

peacock fern
pachysandra
strawberry begonia
green shamrock
red dragon
painter's palette

To bring:
Marilyn--shade plants--potted (ferns, strawberry begonia, pachysandra, peacock fern, hostas)
Christine--hostas--potted
Karen--variegated hostas--potted
Trish--red dragon- peacock fern-any hosta-any ee--all potted

Would like:
Karen--iris, wood sorrel
Charlotte--impatiens
Christine--yellow iris
Janie--potentilla

This message was edited Jun 3, 2011 12:45 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I will need to poke around and see what I have.
I always have toad lilies!
Also know I have bee balm.
Of course I should have a few impatience. I'm not going to dig as many as I did last year however. I just don't have time this year.

You know that I would love some impatiens!

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Not only do I have them all over the back yard, they are now coming up all over the front flower bed!!! I've never planted any impatiens in that bed! I have had some in the pots on the front porch. I've never had anything so hardy!!! If you planted some of mine last year, you should have some coming up in your yard too!!
I gave some to my friend in Arkadelphia and they reseed for her and also for my next door neighbor.

Well, I may have had some sprouting but most pots got new dirt this year, so they may come up in the compost pile ;o))

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Of course, since I have moved, I don't have much that I can bring but I do have some torch lilies which I had potted up for the last RU that got cancelled. One pot of those is all I have.
Honeybunch has asked for the torch lilies.

I have dug up a bunch of daffodils. I probably have about 200 bulbs and I will definitely not be re-planting all of them so I will bring a couple bags full and ya'll can divide them among yourselves.

I would like anything that will grow in part shade to shade and a few iris,please. I do plan on making a bed out by the street where I can plant the sun-loving plants. That is the only spot in this yard that stays sunny all day. There are five huge trees in the back yard which keep things shaded most of the day although there is "dappled sun" there.

Charlotte, I will take a clump of impatiens, please, if you have time to dig them. If not, don't worry about it.

Karen, I would like some of your iris, doesn't matter what kind.
Kim: any of your shade plants would be great.

We are having a fence put up around the back yard so we can let the dogs out without them being chained. The guy will start it in a couple of weeks. Once he is finished I will be able to make a flower bed along the fence so it would be nice to have some plants to put back there. :o)

Looking forward to seeing you all again! :o)

This message was edited May 26, 2011 7:49 PM

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm going to have some yellow bearded iris that look like this...

Thumbnail by crissyr

And purple ones that look like this.

Thumbnail by crissyr

Kim I need some Hostas.

Karen what color is that Immortality Iris? I'm starting a project, to get rid of most of the purple and yellow iris, keeping a few of course so they can spread, and making an iris bed of all different colors, and variety too if possible!

Marilyn YAY I love building beds along fences, they are so deserving of them!

Can't wait to see all of you again!! I miss everyone!!

I would love a yellow iris! Are you looking for any color/type of hostas? Immortality is white.

You got it Kim!

What are the kind with green and white leaves that have a curl to them? I love those and would like another one, or whatever miscellaneous ones you need to separate.

LOL I can just about separate all of them! Gotcha down.

Sweet! Thanks Kim!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Crissy, I would like one of your yellow iris, please.

Jacksonville, AR

I have:
Potentilla Melton Fire (Karen, Trish, Kim)
Periennal Sunflower
Irises (Marilyn)
Asiatic Lilies (Karen, Trish)
Gaillardia Sunset (Trish)
Rudebeckia Cherokee Sunset (Trish)

Dont know what type sunflower-tall. Have plenty of irises, sorry dont know what color they will be. Asiatic Lilies. Only one is blooming. I think it is Tino Dino Orange, about 18" tall. If anyone is interested I will add the other colors as they bloom.

I would like:
Mary Todd Daylily (Karen) .
Immortality Irises (Karen)
Bee Balm (Charlotte)
Moonflower (Trish)
Crinum Lily (Trish)

This message was edited May 24, 2011 6:20 AM

This message was edited May 25, 2011 6:04 AM

This message was edited May 25, 2011 6:08 AM

This message was edited May 25, 2011 2:14 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Will put you down for some bee balm Janie.

Gotcha down Marilyn!!
I have plenty of iris to go around if y'all want more than one...

This message was edited May 19, 2011 10:55 AM

Thumbnail by crissyr

My friend, Sandy, would surely like one!

Awesome! You got it Kim!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Okay, Crissy, I will take more than one of those yellow iris! LOL They sure are pretty!

Kim, some hostas please and ferns, in case I forgot to ask you for any.

LOL! Ok, I'll bring you several Marilyn, sounds like you're going to have room for them!

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks! I will certainly make room for them, one place or another!

Yeah! That's what I'm doing when I redo mine, they're all over the place taking over everything!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I haven't had much time to post a list here of what I have to bring, but I'll try to get it posted soon.

Don't know how much time I'll have to dig and pot things before the RU

Bringing:

charlotte: 2 kinds of solomon seal
Marilyn: iris tb

Kim I'll take any hostas you'd like to dig I really like the ones with two colors of green together but I won't be picky

Crissy I'd like a yellow iris or two - BTW Kim is right immortality is white - white white white and gorgeous here's a picture

Janie I'd like an Asiatic lily and some Potentilla Melton Fire

If you aren't down in my first post for something you want remind me!!!

Thumbnail by kjuddy
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Hi guys.. I'm going to jump right in with my want list.. Then I will head out side and make a list of what I can share.. Lots of things will be things you guys shared with me previously tho. I sure have enjoyed watching it all grow.. I want to add a few different bee balms to the yard this year

Kjuddy
white monarda
immortality (if you have enough, if not make sure others get theres I have other white irises just wanted to add that one to my list)
Purple Aster

Kim
red dragon
peacock fern
any hosta
any ee

Chalotte
bee balm

Janie
Asiatic lilies

Janie P
Potentilla Molten fire

Marsue
torch lilies (if no one has requested them yet)

Ok I will be back soon with a list of goodies to share..

Janie, I would like a little Potentilla Melton Fire please.

Trish, are you looking for a particular color ee? green, black, variegated...

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm kinda taking this as it comes this year. Don't know that I'll get around to making up an official list. But I'm digging up some EE's that I'll bring. They are just plain green. But they are extremely hardy and once you have them they are with you forever!!!

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Kim I would love black and varigated..I have several of the reg green ones and also one I got from you that has a cranberry colored stem..

Someone gave me this lynchis rose campanion? I love it!! If anyone might have a start of another color I would plz love to have some..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Here is a start to the list of things I have to share..These are still in the ground and I will dig them as they are requested..

Liatris purple bulbs
stargazer lily bulbs
moonflowers
mixed celosia feathers and plumes small plants
cockscomb (large reddish colored cone) small plants
blue flag iris rhizones
2 rooted cuttings of Isabella brug
coneflowers small plants
pink woodland phlox? (unsure of ID have picture if interested)
tall pinkish purple phlox
shorter pinkish white phlox

this is a start will go thru my irises and see whats out there to share..

This message was edited May 23, 2011 9:45 PM

This message was edited May 25, 2011 8:18 AM

Jacksonville, AR

Trish,
I would love some moonflower.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Janie you got it..

I also have some crinum lilies (milk and wine) (I think) that I can dig if someone is interested..

Jacksonville, AR

Trish, I would like a crinum lily also. I fell in love with them in a Southern Living article. Kept the article for years. Never saw them in nurseries around here, so forgot about them. Dave's doesnt even list us in a zone they will grown in.

Trish I would like some crinum lily and some moonflowers & stargazer lilies

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Charlotte if you have extra toad lily or two I would love to have some plzzzzz..

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I have plenty of toad lily! Will be glad to bring some.

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Ok I have 7 of the crinum bulbs ranging from golf ball to baseball size.. I cant gaurantee what type or color they are as I didnt plant them.. Here is one I dug up last year and planted in my yard from there I am guessing they are the same but there was 4 in one clump and 3 in another so possibly might be two different colors..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the toad lilies Ms Charlotte My husband bought a poor root marked down at walmart because he thought the picture was so neat but I dont think it is going to make it, it was pretty much like mush when he got it home...

Montrose, AR(Zone 8a)

Oh I just keep begging.. Janie if you have extra I woulf like to have some of these

Gaillardia Sunset
Rudebeckia Cherokee Sunset

Ok I am going out to pot up these crinum bulbs.. I also have prob 20 or so unplanted gladiola bulbs if someone wants some of those..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.