Pictou County, NS

Hello,
I have hops vines growing around my property and they have their Hops hanging from them,Can some one tell me where the seeds are and what they look like?
Thanks
Mary

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Mary I have a hops vine & I can't find the seeds either. I'm not sure but think a male & female plant may be needed for pollination.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

you do need both sexes of plants i think, unless there are others nearby. mine is still growing, but no sign of hops, awww and i wanted to make beer, lol!

lil

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Can you guys do me a favor and look at my picture on this forum of "Mimulus scandens" and see if it looks like your hops? Some people suggested it was hops, but it doesn't look like the hops vines I got in a trade. LOL
Thanks,
Michele

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

re: http://davesgarden.com/showthread/109971.html
yes it does look like hops, i have golden hop in the garden twining itself together with a clematis and it looks very much like that

lil

Pictou County, NS

Yes that picture looks like a Hops ,really pretty.I should have no problem with males and females there are at least 4 big plants on the property.I wanted to find out where the seeds were to try starting some that way.I have Hops on the plants and I will assume the seeds are there some where.If any one finds out ,let me know.Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.