Roadrunner Meet

Crossville, TN

I have some friends (not DG) that lives on the East side of Atlanta...and West VA....they might join our little RRRSRU. Paul and Agnes Lively. Jo

Dahlonega, GA

Why not , it's all about friends , isn't it ?It would be a shame for them not to be there and you wouldn't have to stop and visit them too . Unless you're staying over with them , but we want to meet them tooo .

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Good morning everyone! I made a special "Look See" trip to the State park, this week end! It was beautiful. There are many tables throughout the park and one particular area right between parking areas so we can be close to our vehicles. This would be close to the bath house at the lake. I have photos that I will show tonight.
There is a BP station on the left side of the road when you exit I-20, this would be the perfect place for us to group together before headin to the park.
Digger I saw the roadside rest area, it was neat and clean but it was on the heading west side of 20. Any one coming from the west would have to go all the way to Madison and make a U turn and head back the way they came from to get to it!

Dahlonega, GA

Just checking in .

Crossville, TN

You don't have to wait at the BP Station...just go to our table and I WILL FIND YOU!! Anytime that Roadrunner can't find another DG'er will be the day she hangs up her running shoes...LOL Jo

Dahlonega, GA

Met Wholly yesterday for lunch . What a sweetie . She can't wait to meet you R R .

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Okay, here I am again, finally! LOL!! Computer at worked Crashed which left me with my old dial up at home so I couldnt do too much at all! Any who............. back to the point!
We are sitting on ready now for our Road Runner Roadside Round-up! Saturday is fast approaching but not fast enough!! I can hardly wait!
I will be at the State park at 9:30.
When you get off the interstate you will go through the small town of Rutledge, signs point the way through to state park. When you get to the first split in the state park roads , go to the right, it will take you to the beach area. Once you get to the Pay Station , you will find me easily! Use your Cells!!
Yaaaaay!!

Crossville, TN

I am back in TN..went to the Central VA RU then on to WV fur a cuple a daze....doin my landry so I can go again. See ya saturday. Jo

Dahlonega, GA

I just now have internet service again . The router wasn't any good .I'll for sure bring a cooler with Ice and probably cups for those that prefer a glass , and ice .also pick up deli stuff .Cold cuts to go with swiss cheese rye bread horse radish sauce . Whatever , we won't go hungry .

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I was so excited about today that I couldnt sleep. I got up at 4:00 and started getting everything ready and into the truck! I got to Hard Labor Creek State Park at 8:30 and started setting up. I put the RRRR sign on the back of my truck so no one would miss where we were to meet! Then I waited in my camping lounge chair with my feet propped up....almost went to sleep. So cool and quiet!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

First to arrive was Sally and Brenda! and...............

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Sally's Sweetheart DH, Johnny!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Waiting for RoadRunner Jo, Sally and I were cutting up! Brenda decided she was safer on the other side of the table!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Yaaaaaay!! Our sweet Roadrunner made it!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Jo's DS- Keith, Jo, Sally, and Sally's DH Johnny

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Now here is the quartet of the year!!! Boy did we ever have the greatest time ! Sure wish more had been able to come , we missed you all , but we had a pArTy!!!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Lots of food, talk, laughs and sharing!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Jo shared her wonderful craft of Crocheted necklaces with us!
" See Sally its really easy!"
" Yeah,.... Right"!!!!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Crocheted necklaces.....tooooooo pretty!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Miss Jo modeling the newest Glam Jewelry of the century!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Digger modeling her new versatile necklace as a headband..... new trendy fashion!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

The Glamour Girls of the "RoadRunner Roadside Round-up of 2011-'Georgia Style' "

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Dahlonega, GA

We made it home o.k. and I'm so tired . Johnny's already asleep and I'm not far behind .
That was one of the most rewarding meet ups I've ever had and so grateful that R R took time to visit .
I have to figure out how to post these pictures , but in the meantime , nap time . Thank you OOfie for the pics . Sissy

Dahlonega, GA

Just went back to look at the pictures again and boy , I AM fat . lol All that good food didn't help .

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

You's not Fat
You's Fluffy!!!

Dahlonega, GA

Fluffy, yeah , sounds much better . Thanks .

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I Forgot to mention that Im really enjoying my beautiful,plastic grocery bag , dispenser that Road Runner gifted me with. She made one for everybody!
Wholyhosta brought wonderful seeds for us all! cant wait to get them planted .

Dahlonega, GA

Mine is full already . I got rid of the old one I had . This one is much nicer .
I'm thinking about painting the metal thingy you gave me . Green first , dry good then Black , rubbed off to let the green show in highlite . Whaddaya think ?

Crossville, TN

I had SOOO much fun at the RR RS RU!!!

I am still in TN this morning, but will be leaving for the airport in Nashville soon....and will be HOME tonight!!!

I wish to thank ya'll for the great picnic....I hope we can do it again sometime.

Love & Hugs

RR/Jo

(I'll post pictures when Iget home)

Dahlonega, GA

R R , too bad you can't stay here . It's still cooler than Az . Oofie visited last week and said I kept the house freezing . Had to turn the air down for her ,she wouldn't take a coat . lol .
We all had a good time , very relaxing to get away and spend some good friend time . Yes , we will do it again and bring that handsom son back , he hugs GOOD . Enjoyed meeting him and the girls said what a nice man he was and a good son . Hugs , Sally (digger)

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Have a safe trip Jo! Maybe we can get together again real soon, I hope!
Digger you have to remember this ole gal has to keep her Thermostat at 80 to be able to pay her light bill! LOL!!! Sure did enjoy our visit too! Just wish we could have had more time to find more "Junkin" stores!!

Dahlonega, GA

Eighty is fine if I have some air moving .
We'll look down your way when we get back in Aug . for junk . Maybe the stores won't be so touristy Might even let you try out the bean bag too .
I'll have new mattresses for you .

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Awwwwwww!!!

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

So sorry I had to miss the meet up but enjoyed Eufaula's photos immensely. Thanks for taking the time to post. What's going on in August, Sally?

Dahlonega, GA

I'm leaving July first for camping in Colorado . Will stop by our sons and on to our place on the coast for a coupla weeks in Texas and be home sometime the middle of August . Johnny is going to fully retire in a week or so and we're going to take a real vacation . Finally !

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

So is Jo supposed to be visiting in August or are you holding an open house?

Dahlonega, GA

We plan on spending a few days at Eufaulas when we get back. Don't think Jo's coming back in Aug . I won't be having an open house,to much to do here to catch up from all those years that Johnny worked and didn't have time to keep things up.When she does come back , I sure want to see her again and Oofie has had a long time friendship going with her so they will get together for sure .

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I can hardly wait for you to get back Sally! Im always ready for you and Johnny to visit!
Shoot, My doors are always open for anyone that would like to visit! My place is small but ,just like Grandma, I'll lay down a "Pallet" if need be!! LOL!! ....and Heaven knows I can Fry up a chicken in a heart beat!!

Dahlonega, GA

That's why God invented KFC . Ha , love ya .

Crossville, TN

The Roadrunner Has Landed!! Home at last...but when I got home I faced fires on the nearby mountain...not in danger here...so far...but went to get my dog this morning and learned that they had evacuated my "sitters" family...plus all the animals she has...They loaded all the dogs and animals in a horse trailer and went to her Mom's in St. David for the night... Will download my camera as soon as I return about 17 phone calls that were waiting for me...LOL Hugs Jo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.