Last year's swap....

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

The sad thing is I think I asked the same dang question last summer...my apologies. Not to mention - this is going to be as sadly vague as questions get. Someone blessed me with some medicinal herbs to include Marshmallow I believe. They gave me that and at least one other plant. I wasn't sure that they liked where they'd been put but at least one of them is coming up nice and strong with big HUGE leaves. Guess a photo would be helpful eh? I'll take one tomorrow. Any-who if this rings a bell with anyone (God love you - please share your multi-vitamins with me) would you please give me a hint...ah heck forget the hint...lets go with the name...pretty please and thank you. OR...if anyone can give my lazy self the link to the discussion thread that would be swell....

annapolis, MD(Zone 7b)

chantell here are the three links I could find forlast years swap. Found them by using "Advanced Search" function at top of page and entering your name as poster. Hope this helps.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1089025/?hl=

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1102654/?hl=

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1102797/?hl=

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Chantell- I may have passed along some Comfrey, it would have long fuzzy oval leaves right now.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ahhh yall' rock!!! Sally - I bet that's exactly what it is...I did take pics tonight while planting...but I'll go do a touch test in the a.m. to be sure. The leaves are REALLY big...I'll post pic tomorrow night....

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

how nice was that coleup- you went and found those old threads. I need to see a few things I got last year too.

ROFL- Says I gave Bec some Laurentia last year- I don't even know what the heck that is much less that I gave some away !!!!! Oh senility begins!!!

This message was edited May 9, 2011 10:06 PM

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes it was and I do believe it is the comfrey I'm seeing coming up...

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell - I think I gave you Marsh Mallow last year. Do you need another one? If we had a fall swap last year I could have given you Mandragora officinalis - genuine European Mandrake, and Atropa belladonna - Deadly Nightshade, must-haves for the medicinal herb enthusiast. The Mandrakes come and go, then reappear after months. Right now they are gone. Only one of my Belladonnas has as yet to reappear in its pot. If the supply on either of these changes later in the year I could get one to you. Is there any interest in a fall plant swap? At that time of year one is sure of the results of spring sowing, and the time is right for thinning/dividing many perennials.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Yes it was you that gave me the Marsh Mallow and if you have some to spare again I would be grateful. As for he other two items if you truly have spares come fall - I'm up in the Leesburg area once a month and would be happy to pick some up or meet you some place to get them if we don't have a fall get together. Heck...I'll buy you lunch for the effort and generosity!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.