Two ID's needed!

Shreveport, LA

I bought these lilies probably at Lowe's or HD- my two homes away from home! They are in pots since my soil is sometimes wet but it is vey rich. The first one is very vigourous and is about to bust out of the 14 in pot it is in. Very strong and straight stems. It must have some tiger lily some where. It is not the prettiest one but it seems to not be bothered by the heat in Louisiana and grows like gangbusters.
The second one the orangy one is also in the same pot around the outside edges- I didn't do that- must have got mixed in. It is very nice but seems weak- I guess having that monster over you kinda zaps all the energy. I would like to at least get some of the big one and try it in the driest spot I have in the ground. Does anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate it.

Thumbnail by Frank1965
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Did you buy them this year, with no tag in the pot? How tall? I know many of the big box stores are selling lilies like 'Tiny Ghost' and 'Dreamcatcher'

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/147835/

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Looks like 'Dreamcatcher' to me too Moby.

Shreveport, LA

This must be it! Looking at Google it fits the description- except there is one they call a "carpet lily' dreamcatcher. That is not it. Mine is tall about 38 in and looks like it has Longiflorum in it- very thick and strong stems. Will lillies come up through ferns? I'd like to plant some amongst some wood ferns so they seem "float" above. Thanks- I knew someone would know. The pic is it all bloomed out.

Thumbnail by Frank1965
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I don't think ferns would be a problem, provided the lilies get enough sun.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Whiteflower farms has a kinda famous picture of white oriental lilies growing in a fern bed. I think ferns and lilies are a good combo.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.