Raised bed Suggestions for an Herb Garden

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I love growing herbs. I want to grow them in some unique raised beds throughout my property. I'm not looking for the common rectangle garden or a pyramid garden. Everyone does those. I want something that few have seen, perhaps several small raised features in odd shapes or spirals or something.

My entire yard is a garden. So I'd have to create small herb gardens in small areas. I have a stockpile of large rocks from the Ozark mountains as well as bricks. And of course I could buy some lumber as well. I have several bags of Quikrete so I could pour a concrete creation too.

Do you have any suggestions? Maybe some pictures of some interesting raised gardens you've done yourself (for herbs or for flowers, vegetables, etc)? My gardening books don't offer much except the common raised beds. Google gave me a couple of ideas, but nothing that really tickled my fancy. And I'm just lacking some creativity right now. I've got "gardener's block", I think. LOL

HELP PLEASE!!! I have lots of herbs and veggies I need to plant. Below is a picture of part of my Serenity garden, complete with a gazebo. A lot of the plants will be dug up and moved elsewhere, so I would have a bit more space around the gazebo area, which is a pretty nice size garden. I have a corkscrew willow on each side of the gazebo and wisteria on the gazebo. I'll put in daylilies with religious or serene names and a beautiful Buddha that Gourd sent me recently. But there would still be quite a bit of room here for herbs and veggies.

Thumbnail by ButterflyChaser
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!