May Weather. Will it ever be spring ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread for May. Maybe it will change the weather.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL Bernie!
Still raining!........

Thanks for the new Thread.

Ric

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Finally quit raining mid afternoon here. Temps in the mid 50s. Dreary day.

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

We haven't had a drop of precipitation since last August. Now it's projected to snow tonight with a freeze warning. It was 95 degrees yesterday. This is way past our date to plant EVERYTHING out. Just crazy.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Man and I thought WE were getting crazy weather!

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

:) yes. I've never lived in a place that's harder to garden than here. But I feel so sorry for the southern states that not only lost their gardens but their homes. The whole country has been so dramatic this year!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

40°/58°
Partly cloudy. High 58F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph.

Ric, ROTFL! How many inches did you get?

Bernie, ROTFL!! Positive sarchasm! Let's go into a new month and hope for the best :o)

Hi Prissy, crazy is right! How long have you lived there? Are you restricted on watering?

Thanks for the new thread Bernie!

The rain dried up before we got any more, which is good because I was able to get the last of the cold garden in. Last thing? 100 onion sets.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

All the wind must have helped. Some farmers were out yesterday afternoon getting fields ready & even some planting going on.

Sunny this morning. Predicted highs this week in 60's. I hope so.
No rain forecast.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Bernie, the winds do suck all the moisture out. Sometimes that can be a good thing, but not when you only had a quarter inch or so.

We had huge tractors going back and forth yesterday. I'm glad they can get into the fields.

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Hi billy~~ Thanks for the hi. It made me realize I didn't even introduce myself to this forum. I've been on daves for 5 or 6 years and stupidly never saw the "weather" forum.... so I was so excited to find it, I just joined right in. My husband calls me a real farmer because he says all I do is complain about the weather.!! But we only have a city lot, well, two lots but I've got every inch of them planted. We've been in NM for 7 years now and in Roswell for coming up on four years. No, amazingly enough, there are no water restrictions! It floors me that we don't but the town is pretty small and so very few gardeners and even very few people that even water their lawns. There's a lot of desolation. When you don't water, you have dirt and dust blowing everywhere. Lucky for us, we live in the historic district with established yards and the neighbors all water and take beautiful care of their yards. Since I've been gardening here, now almost every close neighbor has started a back yard garden. I started in the front yard last year because I ran out of room out back! But I'm really really glad I found a place where people talk about the weather because it's so drastic here that I do whine a lot.... hopefully not too much here!!! Anyway, I'm glad I found you all. Priscilla

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

STILL RAINING......

LOL. Poor Ric is getting rained out. LOL

Nice here today with sunshine and temps in the low 60s. Gonna warm up as week goes on.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

STILL RAINING!

1.34" of rain in the first two days of May..... that not counting the rain since midnight....and it's pouring.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

32°/54°
Mainly sunny to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 54F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.

Prissy, I'm glad you are here. We love everyone's weather stories and pictures :o)

I love how you got everyone gardening! Go ahead and whine. We all do. Right now it's too cold here and we want Spring!!

OH OH! I just saw a yellow Goldfinch! He's just in time to blend in with the dandelion blooms! I also saw a wren earlier. He just got here and is right on schedule. Next will be the oriole and I look forward to hearing his song.

Ric, this is becoming a nightmare for you!

We are to have sunshine most of the morning. I hope it warms us up. I weeded yesterday afternoon in my winter headband.

Just one more day turns into one more day :o(

But, since I'm a Pollyanna, at least we don't have gnats, flies or mosquitos yet! I also didn't need to use sunscreen since my ears and the back of my neck was covered. I did still need a bath, LOL!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunrise with an actual sun!
31º
High today of 60º+

Farmers were in the fields yesterday. Should be full steam ahead now.
I stopped & bought some seed potatoes yesterday. They will go in the ground today.
Red Norlands & Yukon Golds.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Bernie, we have a weak sun. I'm hoping the clouds get OUT of here!

You are going to be warmer than me!

Yum on the potatoes!

We hit around 65 or so today. Still chilly in shade but nice in the sun. Gonna warm up more everyday. No rain in sight!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

So far this year we've have 27" of rain.
Normal is 13"...... we had that last month! LOL!

1.5" OF RAIN SINCE MIDNIGHT!

Do you need a few buckets to bail water out? :~p

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

LOL!
A few hundred buckets!

(Zone 7a)

Nice weather is here at last!

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

Impossible to believe but no whining from me! Going to be 84 with only 15 mph winds and 24 % humidity, instead of 11. Of course we could use some rain, still none since August... Sorry but I'm jealous of you guys that get that water! Enjoy your day!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

30°/63°
Plenty of sunshine. High 63F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

At least we all have different weather to report, LOL!

Yesterday was too icy cold to even go out. I spent the afternoon re-numbering my plant list on a spread sheet. Since I re-wrote it, the page numbers are off. I really use it alot.

We had a skim of ice in the outdoor cat dishes this morning, so I hope that was our last freeze. Yesterday it was 32* when I got up, but no ice.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well spitting rain.... AND A FROST WARNING! ROTFL!
Can't catch a break!

But the 80's are due by week's end.
SUN TOMORROW!!!!!!

70s today with sunshine and mild breezes. Even boss man came out for a little while checking out plants this afternoon. He was pleased with how we have stuff set up too. No complaints at all which is a miracle. LOL.

Tomorrow back down to mid 60s then we shoot up to almost 90 by Sunday.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

It's raining here too, temps have dropped down to 48F=9C..grrr! I had to turn on the furnace again...

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

50°/61°
Cloudy skies this morning followed by scattered showers and thunderstorms during the afternoon. High 61F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Ric, LOL! I had frost and a bit of ice in the water bowls yesterday, but it warmed up to cool aand was perfect for working out. I even shed my jacket while the sun was out.

Pepper, no miracle. You are just good at what you do and he better realize it!

Awesome picture!!

Adina, our furnace hasn't really been off, LOL! It gets a bit chilly in here by morning, so I've learned to hop out of bed when it's running!

Yesterday was a bit cool, but perfect for weeding. I got the rose bed all done! Now I need to weed out the Rover Campion and the South Peony Bed will be all done!

(Zone 7a)

Finally! Clear skies! Going to be in the 70s today.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Celia, that looks beautiful! It's about time too!

Rain most of the day but finally dry. The second round dissipated before it hit us. Was chilly all day too. About froze to death working outside in the rain today. lol. I need to find my rain pants that I bought for days like today.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Great weather here. Partly sunny, 63º for a high today. It will be warmer into next week.
Thousands of acres of corn planted the last 4 days. At 16 or 24 rows at a time, it don't take long to plant a ¼ section.
I spread fertilizer on the garden today. Used up 500 lbs of 19-19-19 on about 3 acres. We are planting more intensely than ever this year, so it needs more fertility.
Peas are finally coming up.
I will plant a second planting on Monday.
Strawberry plants are now starting to get dark green.
Good for the onion plants was the cool, wet weather. They never wilted, just stood tall & I imagine put down some good roots.
Tomorrow we are taking the fireplace mantel to install it. I'll take pictures.
Bernie

(Zone 7a)

Ooooo, looking forward to those, Bernie.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Pepper, you better find those pants before you run out of rain!

Bernie, I'm glad the crops are getting in!

I just put onions in and they didn't get the rain I expected so I will be watering. I think I better be watering everything! If I water it will rain, right?

It's finally going to warm up!!! After weeding I found a lot more empty spots in the flower beds. Now I can move things around before it gets too late! I have Hollyhocks getting pretty big in the garden. Where on earth am I going to put them?

Roswell, NM(Zone 6a)

I really love reading about who's got what weather and who's doing what, when! Still no rain. It's 42 right now, 11% humidity, high today 98. I finally planted my tomatoes and peppers out yesterday because the wind was only 35 mph. Today it's actually supposed to be calmer. I wish I could have an underground tunnel from henry or pepper's house to funnel some of that rain!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Prissy Jo, me too! I love that we all have different things blooming, or are waiting for blooms.

Laughing over the ''mild winds.'' Sheesh, we have had so much and it ony blows cold! You and me both on that underground tunnel!

We have a nice day and I'll be out there shortly. Coffee break is almost over :o)

Oooh ooh, 73*!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Home from the job. Mantle went great. Tough to fit, but we got it.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I also got a picture of the upper cabinets. Frosted glass in doors.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Looks great Bernie!!

Great weather here today. Temps in the 70s, sunshine and some winds but not bad. Took grandma plant shopping and spent quite a bit between the 2 of us. It would have been nice if she had taken my hints and bought a japanese maple. lol. They had one for less than 40 bucks and it was a nice size too. I should have just grabbed it. I might do that on my next trip. LOL

A bush that was blooming last week. It's all done now though.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

AMAZING Bernie! Best yet!

Well we didn't have frost yesterday but we flirted w/ a freeze.
As I turned on my wipers to get the heavy dew off it iced up!

Two days w/o rain! Guess this qualifies as a drought?

Ric

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

55°/71°
Chance of a shower or two during the morning, followed by partly cloudy skies this afternoon. High 71F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Bernie, both are just beautiful! Someone is very happy with what they have!

Pepper, I love it that you had a great day with Grandma! I wish I could be sure a Japanese Maple would survive our winters. They are all so beautiful!

That's a pretty bush!

Ric, we had our ice the other day. Yep, you're in a drought pattern, LOL!

We didn't get a single drop of rain, much less a T-storm. I was looking forward to waking in the night to thunder and lightning. I think I'll be in the "Ring of Fire" this year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.