PotLuck for Plant Swap in Lucketts, VA (May 21)

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Counting down the days to the Spring Plant Swap! This is the thread for coordinating the pot luck. I'll provide hamburgers/hotdogs, drinks, and plates/utensils/napkins. Bring one of your favorite side dishes or deserts to share.

Main Spring Plant Swap thread is here:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1163605/

Crozet, VA

Wonderful Terri - I will wait and see what others are bringing before I decide what to offer. Thank you so much for getting this started so us folks can now begin the fun, and if this swap is like all the others, it will be lots of fun.

Ruby

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ric will make a Greek Pasta Salad and I will bring the deviled eggs.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

I will offer a popular crispy (oil and vinegar and sugar ) coleslaw that most people seem to like, and a gallon of real brewed iced tea.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Changed my mind - bringing salads and dessert!
Case of bottled water

This message was edited May 15, 2011 11:06 PM

Crozet, VA

How about some baked beans and potato chips to go along with burgers and dogs? Sound okay? Easy for me.

Ruby

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I will make a bowl-full my yummy Potato Salad.....

Gita

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

I will bring Chinese dumplings.

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Donnerville----

Bring a LOT of them!!!! They are sooo yummy!!!!

Damascus, MD(Zone 7a)

Absolutely, Gita :-). They went pretty fast last year. I will double the amount this year.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'll sign up for "easy" to start with, may add something else later...

green & red pesto butters and sliced baguettes to spread them on!

Crozet, VA

Yummmmm.........

everything sounds delicious!
We will need some sweets tho!

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

Brownies to the rescue!! And some cookies. Soft chewy cookies with macadamia nuts and brickle bits.

mmm! better keep them sealed up as we drive, Catbird! Of course you will ride with me, and Gita.

Bordentown, NJ(Zone 7a)

We were thinking of bringing brownies, too, but see that Catbird already posted. On the other hand, is there such a thing as too many brownies?

The friend I'm bringing (her name is Ellenora) has a family recipe for banana bread that always gets good reviews. So we can bring that, too.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

No there is no such thing as too many brownies. LOL

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Will ask on this Thread as well------

Are you planing to have a Gift table???
Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere......Yes? No?

Gita

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

OHHHHH Chinese dumplings - YUM-MEEEEE Is there an interest in soda? If so...be happy to bring a cooler (sorry Bec)

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Not sorry at all - you're coming!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

^_^ love u too!

Crozet, VA

Sodas are always appreciated Chantell.

Ruby

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Chantelle---

go back up to the 1st post here---Terri is providing drinks....You could -mail her to
clarify if that means sodas as well....

Personally---I hope they are margaritas.....:o) teeee--heee----

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Ok...let me rephrase this...Terri - how about if I bring the soda portion of whatever drinks you'd planned on unless you've already purchased them?

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Chantell, bring the sodas - I haven't been shopping yet, so it is one less thing on the list. Gita, I have a brand new "margaritaville" margarita machine that hasn't been tested yet, you may be the guinnea pig LOL!!!

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

I'll add to the desserts with a couple kinds of cookies.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Anyone with an extra cooler or two...if you have room...might you bring them? Just makes it easier if we can split up the sodas so folks don't have to dig...i.e. one for diet - one for reg...etc etc
Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.