So. Cal Garden Tour This Weekend

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

For anyone interested, the annual Mary Lou Heard Memorial GardenTour will be taking place this weekend: April 30th and May 1st from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

This is a FREE self-guided tour of 37 privately owned "Real Gardens by Real People" ranging from San Clemente north, up to Long Beach, and east to the city of Orange and points in between, with many in Orange County.

It's a fun way to spend the day(s) and see some very nice gardens, all of which are different and unique and in full spring bloom.

For more information and a DOWNLOADABLE LISTING of all the gardens (complete with addresses and Thomas Guide coordinates) go to: www.HeardsGardenTour.com

NOTE: Be sure to ck. the listings of each garden. Some are only open on Saturday, and some are only open on Sunday. SOME are open BOTH days. The website clearly states when each garden is open.

edited for typos !

This message was edited Apr 27, 2011 10:55 PM

Thumbnail by JasperDale
Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

This will be my first year to miss it, I am really sad.

I hope it's as successful as all of the other years.
Good luck Mike.

Donna

Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

I don't know how it was in San Clemente or Long Beach, but in central OC the wind was BAD today. Hope they have better luck tomorrow.

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Ahh man Mike, reading your garden description, I am really curious to tour it, maybe some day I will make it down! Hope it's going well and you're having fun.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Thank You, Donna !

The weather here in LB yesterday was picture perfect, fortunately. Yes, many people who came here said the OC winds were pretty strong, but it didn't deter anyone and the gardens all looked great.

Sue: Anytime !!!

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

That sounds like a wonderful tour. Next year, please let us know earlier as I would surely like to attend.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Linda: If you go to the website, you can enter your name and address (or email) and they'll send you the newsletter with all the info. on it for next years tour. That way you can plan out which ones you want to see and also see preview photo's.

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Hey Linda There's a garden tour with lunch this Sat. 5/7 in Riverside. We bought tickets today and are taking my step-daughter Beeka you met at the RU. We went a couple of years ago and were so inspired, plus the lunch was wonderful! If you are interested Google it for info. It would be wonderful to see you there.

Love ya,
Sylvia

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

Heck, now I have the addresses and all, I can just make my own tour by knocking on tours. No, seriously, I wonder if that ever happens.

Sylvia, what is the name of the event in Riverside?

Hemet, CA(Zone 9b)

Linda

Google in Riverside Garden Tour, May 7. You will find it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.