little miracle - tornado

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

We had a bit of a miracle this weekend. A tornado came through our neighborhood. Our house is damaged and we've lost our trees, but the little greenhouse full of flowers for church and our yard, and the plants I had out to harden off weren't touched. Huge trees fell on 2 sides, but missed the GH. Little foil pans with seedlings didn't blow away. As long as I live, I won't forget standing in the cedar closet in the basement hearing things crashing above us, then seeing my flowers and plants sitting there in the midst of a giant mess as if nothing had happened. The neighbor's shed just across the fence was smashed into two pieces. Hundred of houses were damaged, some are completely gone, but no one had more than minor injuries. Parts of the airport were destroyed, one plane was picked up and spun around then set down gently. The tornado was on the ground for 22 miles.

I think I should make a Rion commercial. :D

Thumbnail by cathy4

The plants that just sat there:

Thumbnail by cathy4

A tree in our front yard twisted off right at the ground:

Thumbnail by cathy4
Cadiz, KY(Zone 6b)

Kathy I'm sitting here under a tornado warning reading this. Now I'm thinking, should I move from my basement and go sit in my greenhouse? Glad no was injured and your home wasn't destoryed.

Wayne

Be safe Wayne, stay in the basement, but thanks for the giggle.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.