Whos been wearing a bikini today

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

What a lovely day here in NW England, just cant believe how HOT it has been, pity i had to work, sky to floor sun,what a difference to yesterday with non stop rain and i was working in east Lancashire over them moors and it was misty as well as raining. Hope this weather lasts for the weekend

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

hey shelia! uhmm, my little one is wearing her bikini today..lol..but then again, she wears it everyday..she thinks that is her everyday clothes. (We live in the country)It is hot and rainy here today, it is 80* and pouring down raining as I type this. I hope this weather does NOT stick around for the weekend! I am glad yall are having nice weather for a change. See ya, Lisa

Weymouth, Dorset, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

the weather was strange here yesterday, it was overcast, but muggy, I spent yesterday afternoon encased in a hospital waiting room with other aggitated patients, the appts were behind as usual, there was one guy there who moaned for britain, kept telling his wife he was off to the pub.The whole room gave a cheer when the first patient was called in ! nurses wondered what was going on.LOL It is a beautiful crisp suuny morning this morning, the birds are singing their socks off, days like this you feel glad to be alive.
Can,t think last time I wore a bikini, I often put cossy on with shorts to garden in, we don,t get that much summer, so I like to make the most of it.
Bye all, Sue

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Weather fine here too Sheila. But I'm stuck at the computer most days now. However, one of my lecturers said this morning that my work was excellent - said it twice in fact. I'd really put a lot of work into that module, so obviously it shows. Now to do the same with the rest of them!!!!!!
I d hope I don't bore anyone now that my comments aren't about gardening but computing. But if I do well on my computing then I can get a job and can keep my home and have a garden. I still like reading about gardening though.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

well.. its not exactly been bikini weather here in durham, but the sun had poked his head round a couple of times.. i really like this time of year when its sunny - not too hot, just nice for working in the garden, in the summer you end up sweating buckets! it's been really windy here though, especially during the night. my poor windchime has lost 2 of its chimes..

northerner - stick in there, you're doing great! it's nice to hear how well you're doing - well done! nice to see someone with a goal.. my course is doing great, for those who don't know i'm doing a City and Guilds Certificate in Gardening in night classes at my locals horticultural college in Durham. the two modules im doing at the moment (its split up like that and you need 5 exam passes for the course) are 'Garden Nature Reserve' and 'Rock and Water Plants'. i'm especially enjoying the nature reserve course, learning about native flora and fauna, making wildlife gardens to attract wildlife and sowing wildflower meadows. the rock and water plants has been interesting too, next week we're making a hypertufa trough/sink for alpines and learning about seed germination and pests and diseases.

see ya

lil

Hey, that sounds like an interesting course Lil! Do you do any practical or is all just theory? I was up in Durham not long ago, took a day out and took the bus up. Really enjoyed my day. Had a look round the markets, went on the river, and had a look round the castle and the cathedral. I'll do it again sometime.

Wigan, Landcashire, United Kingdom

Great Diane to know your work has been praised twice, just savour it, its a great feeling to know that somebody has noticed how well you are doing, as you have spent a long time looking after your Dad all on your own, so keep going now Diane dont think i am being harsh but now is the time to think about yourself so go get it girl and get back into living again, there are some nice people out there.

Durham, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

northerner - hope you're feeling better after losing your bag and everything.. hope everything's sorted out now.

about the course: It's mostly theory, but you can do either a theory or practical certificate, it just means you need to do practical modules and exams in addition. meeting some great people too and even swapping a few plants (what a surprise!! lol).

glad you enjoyed durham, it's such a nice relaxing place. theres always something new to look at, at the moment all the trees on the riverbank underneath the castle are turning gold. i love the view from that bridge, with the man playing the northumbrian pipes in the background, feels like youve stepped back in time.

lil

Hi! I've got a pretty big worl load - far more than last year. I'll have to work in some relaxation periods for myself. Though that might have to be simple things like enjoying a cup of tea or a meal at uni with some of the other students. Had my tea with a couple on Friday evening.
Most of the students look slightly too young for me. I'll just have to find myself a drop-dead gorgeous professor!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.