Adeniums Blooming

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

You need to be aware that when you buy seeds they do not always come true to the parent so do not pay high price for seeds that a seller tells you will be a certain color, most of the time they will be the common PINK.

Fort Wayne, IN

Oh I don't know whether I could trust myself with seeds yet. Are they that easy to start and keep alive? I'd surely have to do something like that in the spring which will give me something to obsess about during winter LOL

Greensburg, IN(Zone 6a)

When you do decide to try seeds they are very easy just be sure to soak them for a couple of hours befor planting, after soaking slip the cover off, it comes off easily, lay the seed on top of the dirt then just barely cover them with soil, they should sprout in about a week, some are slower so just give them time.

Yardley, PA

They are so easy to sprout and so much fun. Definitely try it.

Plumiedelphia, PA(Zone 7a)

Mr. Kohs reputation is unblemished.
I know many people who deal with him in whosale and they never have problems that go unresolved.
Mr. Koh has been around for a loooong time.
If you order out of the country I have 2 pieces of advice
1- request he send them to Fla not Ca. CAlifornias customs lets things rot for fun.
Florida checks them and passes them through
2- for the price of the certificate and shipping, max out your order. you can resell whatever you dont want to keep at a profit.
Mr. Koh, Kukiat and Barry Ng are the only 3 vendors I deal with in that region
Never a problem yet.
good luck ;)

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Are you guys sure about Buried Treasures? I read on Dave's Garden they are out of business.

Arlington, TX

I think snowbelt adeniums has the best selection of the US mail order companies. Plants are not expensive but they are not large either. Still I was very happy with my order.
C

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I don't think Buried Treasures is out of business. Here is the web address and they have adeniums and other plants for sale:
http://www.buried-treasure.net/index.php

Hi Nancy: I checked and although the site is still up, you'll notice there are no new products for September. If you check our own Garden Watchdog, you'll see a fairly positive period followed by a rash of some apparent issues with operations. Also you'll see a note from Buried Treasures stating they were going out of business as of January 2011.

So... I really do think they are out of business.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2011 6:27 PM

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Well, that definitely sounds like they are gone! Sounds like it wouldn't be a good idea to send them any money!

send an email to Chris, if theres anything left hell make you a deal.
I bought things after the closing and as always Chris was a gentleman and good businessman.

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Chris Moore of Buried Treasures died earlier this year. Here's the link to the notice to Dave's members: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1171129/

Decatur, GA

What a real shame. He was much too young to die.

Truly a shame... and I have a lovely plant I bought from them. In my interactions, they seemed like nice people, Chris and his whole family.

Yardley, PA

I bought a number of plants from him also. I do believe he used to be on this forum, too. That really is a shame.

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

I have some really nice adeniums from him also. I don't know why the web site is still up. Perhaps his wife is attempting to carry on the business.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm sorry to hear that he died at such a young age. That is very sad. The site is still up and maybe they just haven't had a chance or the inclination to deal with it.

OMG!!
We used to talk on the phone and I was wondering why I hadnt heard from him lately... aww man
What a bummer of a piece of news jeeeze....
I was going to bed, now im in shock... aww man.. :(

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I was sorry to hear of Chris' passing, too. Now, I am trying to find out WHY he died at such a young age, but no one knows or is willing to say why. He was a member and posted here often - seemed to be a really friendly guy!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.