Spring Plant Sale! UC Berkeley Botanic Garden!

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

The University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley, CA is having its annual spring plant sale on Saturday, April 30, from 10am to 2pm. See website for list of plants, etc. (http://botanicalgarden.berkeley.edu/plant_sale/plant_sale.shtml) and directions to the Garden (http://botanicalgarden.berkeley.edu/visit/directions.shtml). Members can attend the member preview sale on Friday evening, 5pm-7:30pm. Memberships can be purchased at the kiosk.

Marilyn

NOTE: DATE WAS INCORRECT; I'VE NOW CORRECTED IT TO APRIL 30. SORRY!

This message was edited Apr 25, 2011 6:12 PM

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

That's a pretty impressive list of plants for sale. Thanks for sharing.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

You're welcome. C'mon down!!

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

It's a long way from Grizzly Flats...I will take a look at your list, however...LOL!

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

Oh, c'mon! You have no sense of adventure! LOL!!! A 3-hour drive one way for a plant sale is nothing! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!

If it were only 3 hours. And, yes, I have been known to do things like that, especially when I was younger. Now that I am close to 70, I have to conserve my energy. I did check the plant lists and I cannot use many of them as a lot of them will not be hardy enough for this zone. Also, I have many of the hardy perennials already, so I will have to pass this time. I do more shopping online these days, especially with co-ops in garden groups here, as well as annie's annuals. I would visit there some day when I get down that way. Thanks everyone.

Evelyn

OK, drive 3+ hours, shop 5+ hours then drive 3+ hours....it does make for a very long day. They would have to have something I really wanted that would not require a greenhouse to grow it in.

SF Bay Area, CA(Zone 9b)

I used to do that too, years ago. It was no big deal then. Sure is now! Online ordering is great - what did we do before we had that privilege? Oh, well, we were young and gas was cheap, so a field trip was fun!

Quote from faeden :
I used to do that too, years ago. It was no big deal then. Oh, well, we were young and gas was cheap, so a field trip was fun!

Ah, yes, I remember it well....

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.