Spring 2011 ORVG Trades/Gifts Confirmation Thread

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Me, me, Ric!! I'd love to have some EE's - always looking for some if you don't mind.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I'd take a couple , if you have plenty. Thanks, Lou

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Di I think I'll get you a EE starter pack going.
Trust me I have hundreds of Big Dippers.
Not an exaggeration as they pup like rabbits breed.... ;-)

Lou I assume you mean the Big Dippers and I have some pulled for you.
Do you want them for the yard or the pond? I have them rooted both ways.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Ric, Thanks. I will be putting them in the garden. Lou

Flemingsburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Michele I would like a red tomato that is on the sweet side.
And a yellow or orange one... I don't know names or anything.
You pick and I will take it... Oh and do you have one that would grow good in a 5 gal bucket or whiskey barrell?
Pauletta

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I think I have 14 different tomatoes. I have three cherries, a few smaller tomatoes and several large tomatoes and tomatilloes. I'm also growing Patio which only gets 2 feet tall with two ounce tomatoes. I have Kellogg's Breakfast which is a yellow/orange. Abe Lincoln is a red that is listed as a 'sweet' one.

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

I will be bringing glass. Would you guys rather have mushrooms or pumpkins,and maybe balls. I would like bloodroot, goldenseal, Jack in the pulpet, trilliums, siberian iris, virginia bluebells, hellebore, blue flags. cranesbill, hepatica,butterfly weed, mountain laurel and of course violets I would take some of those zephrine Dro-- rose cuttings. Also would like some more of that sweet smelling soap if you are bringing any. I may have some paperweights, not sure.

Rebecca

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Ric...did your Mojito survive? Mine turned to mush. I have a Borneo Mac and a Blue Portora for you.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Rebecca, I will bring violets and the rose cuttings for you. Any of your glass is great. I love the balls personally, but the little castoffs you brought last year, certainly brighten my terrariums this winter. I think of you each time I add a little water to them. Lou

Rebecca, I can hook you up with some cranesbill.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

You know of course, I'll have some stuff for you as always! I'm excited about your mushrooms. Save a good one for me!

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

TRADE OR GIFT:

Some of my Tomato plants are:
Annanas Noire - ric
Arkansas Traveler - ric,
Aussie
Black Cherry - ric,
Bradley - ric
Cherokee Purple - ric
Dr. Wyche's Yellow
Gold Medal - ric
Heatwave - ric
Hughs - ric
Ildi - ric
Japanese Black Trifele - ric
Opalka
Orange Banana
Paul Robeson
Prudence Purple
Schmmeig Striped Hollow
Snow White
Steakhouse Cherry

Others:
Itea virginica "Little Henry" Di
variegated solomon's seal Chele, Di
donkey tail spurge
Siberian Iris Rebecca
vicks plant
Black Pussy Willow - Bonnie
Fantail Pussy Willow - Chele, Melissa

Volunteers;
Akebia
Buckeye
Burning Bush
Coneflowers
Epimediums
Lemon Balm - Di
Lime Mint
Maples
Mountain Mint
Phlox
Privet
Redbud (some about 3 ft.) Chele, Bonnie
Rose of Sharon
Rudbeckias
St. John's Wort

WANTS:
Hydrangea quercifolia "Little Honey",
Trifetti hot pepper; From Celene
Cardinal flower From Di

Lou, could I have some rose and ric rac cactus cuttings; lady bells and autumn glory sedum?
Rebecca, I have siberian iris

This message was edited May 12, 2011 8:19 PM

Columbus, OH

Esther, I have trifetti hot peppers!

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

Great! I was successful with them about 3 years ago, gave one to a friend in a pot and she still has it. I like those leaves.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Esther can we get

Annanas Noire
Arkansas Traveler
Black Cherry
Bradley
Cherokee Purple
Gold Medal
Heatwave
Hughs
Ildi
Japanese Black Trifele

I'll get w/ you on some trade goods we have.
Much is still coming up.

Joyce no Mojito yet but it's early.
I let a LOT go dormant.
'Diamond Head' made it. I'll cut you one out.
Plus of course Jack's Giant.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Esther,

I would love to have variegated Solomon's seal and redbuds. I need to get with you about what you want. :)

If anyone has any trees, shrubs, perennials or grasses to get rid of, I'd love to have them.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Ester, I would love to have a redbud, if you have enough. I have been looking for one in our woods, but can never find one small enough to dig.

Esther, I have just a bit of cardinal flower and I can give that to you. Could I please have some of your 'Little Henry' itea, lemon balm, and some Solomon's Seal?

Columbus, OH

What flavor of soap would you like, Rebecca?

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Would anyone have a bottlebrush buckeye or a red buckeye? If so, I would love to have either/both!

Philo, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene,

I think the soap was lavender. Or lilac would be good. I also like the smell of lilies of the valley. Anything really. Thanks

Rebecca

I would love a red buckeye too.

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

I have been taking notes of the requests and will update my space every other day or so.

If the buckeye requests are aimed at me, I regret to say my volunteers are probably Ohio Buckeye Aesculus glabra and I do not remember those showy flowers anywhere around here.

Badseed, could I have a tomatillo, the Jalapeno Goliath and a couple of Hungarian Hot Wax peppers.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Sure thing! Will be back when I have 2 hands. LOL

Rebecca, I have white and purple cranesbill that I can share with you. Will update my space with things I have to trade.

Ric, and Paulette, while I was gone to town yesterday, DH and his big mean tractor and tiller demolished the morning glories. Bah, I am so sorry. Guess he forgot to check with me, as we both were cussing them last year. I have seeds, but no plants.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh no Bonnie! I'm waiting to see what kind of mess I have over at the neighbors when they start coming up. He insisted I put them on his trellis and also on 5-6 huge mounds of soil that he has. LOL

He will be sorry when they block the entrance to his shop and house!!

Columbus, OH

I had to cut back Episcia "Burning Embers", anyone want me to throw the trimmings in a pot? It's easy to grow, pink flowers rather than red, dark pinky brown leaves?

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Throw some in a pot Celene. I'll give them a shot. We need some colored foliage.

Marcy I 'might' have a Bottlebrush.
Let me check w/ Eric.
If not I'll have seeds (buckeyes) in a few months.

Ric

i have lots of dandelions to trade ?
i did find some jack in the pulpits out in our woods.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Is anyone interested in the old grape Koolaid scented Iris? I need to thin mine AGAIN!

funny no takers on the dandylions ??? go figure ...
i do have NOID daylilys i have divided. i can say with 90% that they are the ones from Badseed several yrs ago. just lost the tags and just couldn't get pics in time to ID them.
two blue nikko blue hydrangea's big ones. 3 gal size . i don't like them.
Ester here is the fig you gave me last year ?? i love it
i think i need to get a bigger pot

Thumbnail by
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I probably have a list of what you received. I normally keep track.

i just never have a camera in my hands when i see them bloom.
but i have been dividing these up several time as trade plants and in my own personal garden. I just don't have much room left
it will be nice if i can get the ID's on them. So at least i can tell people what they are given :)

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I would love to give the hydrangea a try. I have friends who have it here and say it is a good bllomer in Indiana.

Columbus, OH

My Sinningia tubiflora broke a stem today, I'm going to try rooting it. It looks like I'll have Diablo Ninebark and some Hikuro Nishiki willow cuttings, they're starting to show new growth. I also have a small begonia "Boyfriend" started in a 2-1/4" pot, and another named rhizomatous whose name escapes me.

Sue, I would also love a hydrangea. What do you need from me? I have home made canned stuff again, spaghetti sauce, jellies, beets, squash pickles, pepper relish.

I put the morning glories back on my list. I found another place that they were coming up, so I dug them up and have them potted up in styro foam cups.

South Point, OH(Zone 6a)

Celene, I'd like to have a Diablo Ninebark and a Episcia "Burning Embers" please.

Columbus, OH

I'll start a list...
Have:
Sedum sieboldii, just started cuttings but it's super-easy
Sedum Lemon Coral
Artemisia Limelight-lovely but invasive
Morning Glory, Star of Yelta (I have thousands of reseeded babies), probably some others, too.
Calamint
Fallopia japonica, variegated--maybe. I just potted them up, and they don't always transplant well, I'm waiting and seeing on these.

To give:
Ric--Burning Embers episcia

Esther-Trifetti pepper, Diablo Ninebark, and Burning Embers episcia.

Defoecat--Sedum Lemon Coral

Rebecca-soaps

Wants:
Ferns
Sedums I don't already have (I have a lot)
Named Sempervivums I don't already have (ditto)
Fragrant or hummingbird plants I don't have
Tropicals I don't already have
Variegated plants, esp. tricolor with pink

If anyone finds Mikania ternata, I'll do anything for it. I'll make you soap or candles. I'll make your favorite food for the RU.

This message was edited May 13, 2011 2:32 AM

This message was edited May 13, 2011 4:58 AM

Celene, I would love Sedum Lemon Coral, please.

Columbus, OH

I'll pot one up :) Just so you know, the colors are more bronzey in the fall and spring, you'll get lighter growth soon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.