RubyW & Buttoneer spend some quality time together.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

My DH Bob & DD Fritzie & I went to Va last weekend to visit a gold prospecting club we joined a couple months ago and I made arrangements to visit RubyW & her DH on our way home. Here are the pictures I took. It was great to visit with her. I brought plants for her & she shared plants with me & it was a great visit. I hope, not the last. Thanks Ruby for your hospitality and friendship. Judy, Bob & Fritzie.
(the sun was shining in our eyes, so we were squinting a bit)

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's a view of the beautiful Va mountains from Ruby's house. (OMG, there;s the back of Bob's head! LOL)

This message was edited Apr 21, 2011 9:38 PM

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

One of Ruby's tulip gardens. (She has several)

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Here's a little storage shed Ruby uses for pots. She could use it as a greenhouse with all those windows on it.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

This pretty Japanese Red Maple was given to Ruby by a DG friend 3 years ago. It is absolutely lovely!

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Ruby loves tulips.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Arum italicum or Italian Arum. Ruby has several nice patches of this. I have one at home. Would you believe this beauty stays green all winter long?

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

More pretty tulips.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

This is such a pretty little blue-flowered plant. I know not the name of it. Can anybody help?

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Closeup of unidentified blue flowering plant.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Another unidentified plant. Pretty red leaves.

Thumbnail by Buttoneer
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA(Zone 5a)

Judy, looks like an anemone http://www.tulipworld.com/anemone-bulbs/blue-shades-anemone.html

Nice pictures! You two are the loveliest flowers in the garden, and I envy you sitting out in the sun in tees and tank, I'm still in winter coats.
Also Happy Belated Birthday, Judy.

Now let me see if I can Identify plant #2...back...No clue on plant 2 ??????

This message was edited Apr 21, 2011 8:53 AM

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you Ladygardener. It is so wonderful to be able to visit & share with DG friends. Had I realized you were up in NW, Pa, I would have called you. Bob & I & a girlfriend spent the weekend up there last July, treasure hunting with a gold prospecting & treasure hunting club. Judy

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Glad you guys were able to get together. Thanks for sharing!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Quote from ladygardener1 :

Nice pictures! You two are the loveliest flowers in the garden, and I envy you sitting out in the sun in tees and tank,

Also Happy Belated Birthday, Judy.

This message was edited Apr 21, 2011 8:53 AM

In total agreement here!

Identify plant #2.. Salvia lyrata, I have it too. Burgundy Bliss is its cultivar name.

Carlisle, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the thanks. Sally, thanks for the ID on the Salvia # 2.

Crozet, VA

Hi folks - Gosh, it has been over a week since I have had time to visit Dave's. Seems as though once things get busy around here, they stay busy for a while. Thank you so much Judy for posting these pics. Thanks Sally and Chris for the plant ID's.

We too had a great visit with our northern friends. Judy brought me several pots of houseplants to add to my collection. Nothing could have made me happier. No one was at a loss for words that day and lots of good information exchanged.

We are looking forward to another visit with them soon.

Ruby

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.