Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I'm baaaack. lol

Glossy Abelia and they said it was only hardy to zone 6. Bah humbug

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Weigela 'Dark Horse'

Thumbnail by cececoogan
Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

ducktroller I was thinking about purchasing that white fence that you have, how do you like it?

cececoogan love those pics, keep them coming.

Jan

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

CeCe, what is the red one in picture #2? And no, I did not get bored with your photos ~j

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I don't know, as I have a hard time with tags,,,,,,they seem to disappear soon after I put them down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sorry.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

Hahaha CeCe! I made maps last year - and everything was good, until.... something dug in my garden, and until things bloom I am not sure what is what in that section. And then the iris increased SO much, I am surprised what is blooming where in some cases - and although they were planted fairly close together, they weren't too close last year....~Jan

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I have iris starting to fall over because they SHOULD have been divided last year and didn't. I HAVE to divide them this year................ I have a place for them now:) Didn't last year.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

This is Starring, and it is probably one of my all time favorite Iris. FFO

Thumbnail by philljm
Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

CeCe, I know what you mean about dividing. This current iris bed is way overgrown, and I will be dividing it later this summer. But, if I can get all my other projects done first, I may just try to enlarge it. So much too do, so little time!

This Iris is a "No Clue" I can't find any record of ordering one that looks like this, and I can't rule out what it is supposed to be, until everything blooms. Surprise!!

Thumbnail by philljm
Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Im so glad Im nott the only one who cant keep track of what have ..LOL..I so try..ha

My Iris are almost finished ,boohoo....I already dug up my white ones set them out by the road Free,GONE....i needed to dig all my Iris too...I thinned first,hope to do it right in the fall.

Getting My Climatis growing up the cherry stump,Just getting ready to blloom,We dont get local TV on dish ,Hillbilly antenna...LOL..the climatis wants to cover it ,so do I..LOL

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Oh phil Starring is just gorgeous............. where did you order him from? I have 5 coming in sometime this fall. @ Amber (daughters name is Amber) and 3 Ariana (her daughter's name is Ariana) No idea where I am going with them. I just had to have them. Don't even remember what color they are. Isn't that pitiful?

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

CeCe, I so understand that!

Starring came from Schreiners last year. As you can tell, I am absolutely thrilled with it.

Hugger, the clem won't interfere with TV reception? I have my single clem climbing up a TV antenna tower, but it won't get near the top where the antenna is.

Off to the store, need more dirt.... ~j

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I think I have a catalog for them. In fact I think that is where I ordered from........Going to look right now..... I WANT I NEED Starring. don't know why...........besides the fact that it is drop dead gorgeous............

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

It's even prettier in real life, the photo really doesn't do it justice

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

phil is there a web site for Schreiners? I have looked and looked for the catalog I thought I had..... oh well.....I need Starring now and will keep looking.

edited to say I found it online and ordered a catalog. Found it in the online catalog. Oh my.............

This message was edited Jun 5, 2011 3:15 PM

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I told you so..... ;)

Well, I made my daylilly seedling garden yesterday, and got it all planted. Then today, I worked on my front garden that I am enlarging and rebuilding. Ugh. Worked on it most of the day, and I am only about 1/4 finished. All my diploid daylilly + a few other things, will be in there. I need another weekend.~Jan

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Jan, I'm still trying for an extra weekend or two for May and here it is June already. If I can't have one.......................

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I am blaming the weather CeCe. Certainly not MY fault I am so far behind!!! It's either too nice, or too nasty! ~j

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

You are right of course. Mother Nature's fault all the way. I agree. Maybe we should what? Ground here for a couple week? LOL

Hey all going to the round-up over the weekend, I won't be able to attend this year. Just way too many irons in the fire and not enough hands or time of anything to get them done. Think of me, though, okay?

Reporting in on first use of the Potlifter. It worked really well! It does take two people to move a large pot though since it would be awkward otherwise. But much easier than trying to grip the sides or bottom of a large pot. And far easier on the back.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

CeCe, sorry to hear you aren't going, it would be fun to meet you. Perhaps next time.

Cindy, glad to hear the potlifter worked. Even if it takes 2 people, not trying to move a pot while hunched over has GOT to be better! ~Jan

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

Would like to have been able to come this year. There's always next year. Course if I can convince my husband into helping me out and driving there, maybe a surprise pop in would be in order. Don't know.

Looking forward to the RU ,but my trucks radiator decided to start leaking....Need a new one,radiator...not a truck..LOL...in 2 years...DH better get a new one put in it right quick..Or we will be Stuffing the trunk of his Cadillac full of plants..LOL ..LOL..Oh that will make him cringe..But he would love driving his toy up there...And we wont be taking the toll road either...cost us $66.00 last year,we missed 3 did I say 3 Toll stops....LOL..LOL..LOL....DUHH....DUHH..i kept telling him,NO we didnt he kept telling me,I said We Will See when we get the ticket in the mail....I hate being right all the time...LOL

Western, WI(Zone 4a)

Thats why we always went out of our way avoiding toll roads as we figured we had already pd. taxes that pd. for the rd.
First time out with the RV taught us a lesson!!!!!. LOL

Maxine

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

It would be great to have you there, cece...even as a surprise. If you needed a ride you could always get to Watertown or Johnson Creek and hitch one with me. :)

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

Do you know where the outlet mall is at Johnson Creek? Right on my route to the RU. ;)

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I have an IPass, but have discovered that it does not work in Oklahoma, nor does it work in Florida....

Otherwise, I LOVE my IPass. I can now drive from Wisconsin to our cottage in western PA, and never have to stop and physically pay a toll.

Has saved me a LOT of money.

But I am glad Wisconsin has no toll roads ~j

cece I hope you hitch a ride .would love to see you.We dont have to take the toll road ,last yrs RU just happened the same day Chicago had the Blackhawks Parade for winning the Stanley Cup we got caught in that dead stop for hours...LOL plus misssing the 3 toll gates..No city senic tour of the windy city this year on our route..LOL

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

cece, you know how to get in touch with me if you want to hitch. It would be great fun!

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I have to see how things go around here.l Karen, I let you know by Friday evening. Okay????

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I have to see how things go around here.l Karen, I let you know by Friday evening. Okay????

Or anyone have Pats address with city and zip? If you do d-mail me okay?

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

It should be in the RU thread, cece. There's a link to a map that has the address.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

yeah well, I can't find the round up thread either. Hopeless, just hopeless.

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1176078/

Try this (hope this works!) ~Jan

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

That's the one! :)

It is nice to have a relief from the heat. While I did work for several hours in the garden on Tues, yesterday's heat was a bit much. Admittedly, the garden looked great but this morning's rain (while wonderfully cool and thankfully not violent) will have a soggy effect on the garden. Always happens that just when the Campanula poscharskyana (I have 3 varieties) are blooming with their cloud-like effect, the rains flatten them out. :( The Astilbes are kicking into gear here and the first to bloom are always the white ones ('Deutschland', 'Queen of Holland' and 'Bridal Veil') followed by 'Peach Blossom' which smells divine. Aruncus is also blooming as are foxglove and first of the Clematis - 'Daniel Doranda'. May and June are the best months for my shady garden and I won't get so many blooms the rest of the season.

Waukesha, WI(Zone 5a)

I have printed directions for just "in case". :)

Hustisford, WI(Zone 5a)

I am enlarging a front garden, it will eventually contain all my dip daylilies + a few other things. I have to move my smaller perennials towards the front, and started doing that yesterday. This drizzly day and cooler temperatures have really helped them recover.

I still have a perennial geranium to move that is in full bud. I am afraid to move it, because I don't want the flowers to die - I have a hummingbird that is visiting it quite often during the day right now. But it has to be moved before I go on vacation next week.

2 more iris need to bloom - Midnight Oil, another black; and Haut Les Voiles - it is not planted in an ideal area. I was going to move it this year, but wonder of wonders, it has a scape! I will still move it later this summer, hopefully that will help.

By the way, I took several iris into work, they made a beautiful bunch. The only problem is that my other near black - Hello Darkness, when one of the blossoms died overnight, it dripped purple on the table, staining it. I have never seen this happen. Learning process here, never again put iris in a vase without protecting the table! ~Jan

I've noticed staining from spent purple iris flowers but it's usually on my hands. Kinda like the staining from daylily pollen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.