What will we feast on?? .....BEFORE we swap plants in Mount

Mount Bethel, PA(Zone 6a)

Maybe to us foodies, what we will be eating will be just as important as our plant goodies.

Bob and I will supply the grilling meats and beverages.

We will need some salads, rolls and breads, baked beans or other covered hot and cold dishes, AND a couple of those delicious desserts that you people are so good at.

Please list your offerings here with the idea of diversity kept in mind.

Also, please start thinking about a small gardening type gift for our door prize table.

I'll start with the following contributions:

Burgers
Chicken
Sausage
Hot Dogs

Wine
Beer
Soda
Iced Tea
Lemonade

Contributions so far:

Onewish1...........................................................Hummingbird Cake
Gardadore.........................................................Famous Chicken Salad
Stormyla.............................................................For appetizer - cold vegetable pizza.&cold garlic roasted beet salad.
Dixiegalpa.........................................................homemade dark cocoa cake with almond extract
Holly...................................................................Deviled Eggs
Ric..................................................................... Greek Pasta Salad
FlowaJen..........................................................Olive nut spread and crackers and some kind of dessert.
NisiNJ...............................................................Veggies and Dip and Sweet Tea Breads
LorettaNJ.........................................................Ramen Noodle Salad
Wind.................................................................Mexican Fruit Salad

This message was edited May 8, 2011 9:54 AM

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I'll bring my Curry Chicken Potato Salad as usual!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

hummingbird cake

Pequannock, NJ(Zone 6b)

I make a ramen noodle salad that always goes over well...it has almonds in it if that is a problem for someone.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks for that... my cake also has pecans in it... let us know if nuts are an issue

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Olive nut spread and crackers

some kind of dessert, have to think on it

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I will bring Deviled Eggs and Ric will make a Greek pasta salad.

Waynesboro, PA(Zone 6a)

Well with all this great food I guess my culinary expertise are not needed wish I new of this before hand I could have put that culinary arts degree to some good use.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10b)

I'll bring a nut free dessert. How about chocolate brownies? Cookies?

I love reading foodie books and blogs. I'll try something new and bring it if it isn't a disaster. It is fun to bake for parties, I typically do the high protein thing for myself. I even cook for my new canine pal Winston the pug. He is a rescue who had terrible skin allergies and food allergies. He is doing much better without wheat or corn. Luckily he likes gardening.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2011 11:05 PM

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

LOL Steve, There will be tons of food and plants.

We LOVE culinary expertise, Steve. Try us, we'll love it!!!!!

Please don't forget your pot luck dish, table gift, and a folding chair if you have one and can fit it.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Roses is there anything specific you need? Paper products/ plastic ware that kind of stuff.

I'm not sure if I have enough knives and forks. Need to look in our "barbeque bin". Have lots of plates and cups. If you have extra utensils, Holly, please bring them. It will save me another trip to the store (closest one 45 min. away). You can take them back with you if I find more here. Thanks so much for asking.

Saylorsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

Have tons of forks to spare and maybe some knives. I took most of the white ones to use for labeling but will check on the clear and black ones as well. Do you need plastic spoons for anything or cups?

I think I have enough spoons. I think I'm about done for today, since I've been running since 5am.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.