Ornamental Shade Garden

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Here is a small garden, mostly hosta & native shade loving plants.

Thumbnail by Lily_love

Really nice! And I like the cranes/herons (?) a lot.

Northern, NJ(Zone 6b)

What types of native shade plants are coming up in that area?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Nice Cranes.Looks great

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

A I've native gingers, lily of the Valley, trilium various ferns ect. Thanks all for your compliment. Oh I added an Anise Floridian last year, I've several blooms on those that's intriguing.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I have grown some pretty loropetalum in shade, left it untrimed and it is 9 fett tall and bloomed the last 3 weeks. Also hav some golden accuba that had done well this year. I just planted 4 Confederate Jasmine in samy shade, will see how it does.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

kiseta, loropetalums are very nice and colorful, I've seen others mixed some white Loro with the pink ones and they make such nice contrast. Golden accuba could be pretty tall. In this small nook I try to keep them small and at eye-level. Here are some others ... variegated Solomon Seals.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Solomon Seals and ...not sure of what the blue-bells blooms's name.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Double blooms Columbines.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

That looks like Clementine red.
Someone mentioned Ginger above.It reminded me to move some suffering plants that get too much sun.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Lili, the reason I leave my bushes tall because my naighbors do not clean they yard so I need some naturel fence between us. I found my Jacobs letter is blooming under the loropetalums, I will have to move it next year. It got nice and bushy. It is my picture of the tall loropetalum.

Thumbnail by kiseta

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.