(Floridian) Stacey Cyrus

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Paul is a precious man and I will add him to my prayer list.

Crossville, TN

This has been such a bad day for me and now this! Paul is just such a special person...

I have no air miles to donate, but I hope some one will donate some of theirs to fly his sister to Tampa. Jo

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

What a sad thing to hear about. GW, THANKS for posting this here.

Would'nt it be great if in Paul's trip to Oregon with his sis he could meet some of us at Prizer's Point? :>) I'm such a dreamer, eh? Or am I?

I guess we can click on that CARE site and find his donation box somewhere. Is that how it works, GW?

Shoe...missing lots of us old-timers

Crossville, TN

Paul lives close to one of he best cancer centers there is///Moffet in Tampa and they take those that cannot pay....I know that for a fact!!! Jo

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm dreaming right along with you, Shoe. Yes, there is a donate link there. I know PayPal is accepted. If you go to youcaring.com and search for Paul Cyrus, you'll find the page.

This message was edited Aug 11, 2012 3:47 AM

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Okay dokey. All done. Thanks, GW!

Looks to me like Paul will need some more donors though. Wish we could send him holiday presents in August! Er wait...I guess we can, eh? ;>)

Thanks again for bringing this to the forefront.

Hugs.
Shoe

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Sad news. I am behind on Facebook and just saw a post from Stacey's sister, Janet, dated 9/30:

To all my friends from ChS and Dave's Garden, I want to thank-you for your donations and prayers for my sister's husband, Paul. Paul quietly passed away early this morning. The way I am dealing with this loss, is Stacey was waiting for him and when Paul passed this story has come full circle. xo

I am so sorry to hear this news - I will pray for the family to have peace at this terrible time.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

I'm glad Stacey and Paul are back together.

I do wonder what environmental conditions existed at their home that Stacey got cancer several times, and then Paul did too.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the info, GW.

I wonder if Paul ever made it to Oregon...

Shoe

Darius, that was my first thought, too - they lived within feet of a major electric company transformer thingy - don't remember what it was called, but it made me wonder, too.

Crossville, TN

I can only repeat what others have said....I'm glad that they are together again. No more sadness...no more pain. Jo

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

How sad to read this. Paul was such a rock for Stacey, and now they are together again. (((HUGS))) for the family. The blue curls that I got from Stacey have been blooming their hearts out this year, so I think of her often.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

I've bumped into this. Hadn't known this.. shocking. We had a short correspondence here on DG and I remember once how I wrote to her about the numerous similarities in the plants, flowers and trees of Florida and Mysore. I used to see many of her pictures and I imagined I was with her but still felt at home, because I was looking at the same flowers there! RIP.

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Dinu, I have wondered about you. I hope you are well. I, too, enjoyed Stacy's pictures and yours and your insight.
Peace, Kathy

I never posted on this thread about missing Stacey (only posted about Paul) because it was just too painful.

I still miss Stacey dreadfully, more than 2 years after she left us. She lives large in my memory. I will always be sorrowful I didn't talk to her daily when she was ill, unlike I used to do. (I guess I wasn't handling her various cancers well but no one wants to think about losing a really close friend).

Who will ever call me 'Donut' again? (She always said I was like the kind of donut she liked, plain and unadorned.)

Oh, Darius - I feel your pain, and all my love and hugs go out to you.

Crossville, TN

Darius....Donut is a good name for you!! Jo

LOL, Jo. I'm even beginning to look like a donut, way too far overweight.

Crossville, TN

Join the club. Jo

Darius, were you ever able to find out what happened to Buster?

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Looking through my pictures, found this. Still miss Stacey, and I lost Tom to cancer in February. These are sweet memories. Kentucky RU, 2008.

Thumbnail by NanuBunny

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.