Let's See New Lilies Sprouting!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

One great big Sprout I've. :))

Thumbnail by Lily_love
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Hurray!

Ours will look like that in another month.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Give me 2 monthes then.

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Naw... it won't be that long. I dug lilies the last 2 days for our lily sale this weekend and some had new shoots as long as 2 inches.

Thanks for sharing, LL. It's nice to finally have a sigh of relief that Spring really is here!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Moby, long time no type, last time was during Lily season--seem a long time has passed. Brace yourself folks, spring is really here to stay. :) I'll post more pix of lillies the next few days.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Almost brings a happy tear to the eye...

Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

What a great picture! Love the little bluebird! We don't even have robins showing up yet, so spring is still a ways off, drat!

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Well fo rsome reason my Easter lilies are the first ones to come up. I ordered 25 more bulbs that should be here on Tuesday. Soon that corner will be all white beautiful amazingly scented lilies.

Thumbnail by Roly0217
Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

And a close up of the bunch. I bought this plants last year in bloom and after they were done blooming I put them in the ground. This year the came up with lots of new plantlets; unfortunately some of the little ones were chopped down by the lawnscaping people.

Thumbnail by Roly0217
(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

You will absolutely love it. Their fragrance is unique and so natural and beautiful.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

!st one noted breaking through.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Isn't it a wonderful sight? Spring is on the way!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

WahhhhHoooo

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

Though I know the present temperature isn't sustainable yet, 68° certainly lends to the credibility that spring is here.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

jmorth, that's a good point. Even down South until Good Friday we still have a 50/50 chances of getting some late frost. Though, lilies are tough down here. They don't seem to mind a little frost here and there.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Poland, ME

I'm jealous!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

I'll share via pix, lol.

North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

Lookin' at 44...above! Nice!
It will drop back below zero tonight, but we're headed in the right direction. Thanks Mother Nature. Time for her spring clothes, no more winter cloaks.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I cheer for the right direction.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Cheers!

Richmond Hill, GA

Lilies loving this spring weather. I did thin out this bed last fall, hard to tell I did.

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Lily sprouts galore!!! :) What variety are they please?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Gotcha a few lilies there, cattjovi! Maybe time to do the local market. Potted lilies go for amazing prices, here.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

These look like Buggies lilies. It's odd because there are lots of lilies in this garden but not one showing yet.
Are these really early lilies or something I forgot I planted.

Just had enlightenment. 4 years ago I planted Fritilarrias there. They were moved( maybe not all ) but nothing has come up there since until now.
I think they are Frits.Not lilies.

This message was edited Mar 31, 2011 8:37 AM

Thumbnail by ge1836
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Looks like lilies to me.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

..to me too. :)

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for the support. Its got to be if you say so. These are Buggies asiatics. Ther isnt anotherlily from her thats come up so early. Disbelief made me try to make it another plant.
You see I just HAVE to be right lol

Poland, ME

Did you ever get Vulcan from Buggycrazy? That was always the first of hers to bloom for me.
BTW, this could be a big year for Lisa as her lilies will be at the Chelsea Flower Show in May. The grower hopes to make a video of them and post it on UTube. Now wouldn't that be something?!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

All the asiatics I have from here were in a collection ,none named. I will look at her website to see if Vulcan looks familier. Thanks

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Vulcan wasnt it.
This is the best I could do as far as a photo of the early one. Its orange.I took this off of a larger photo and its not great but all I have.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

I dearly hope Buggy's beauties do well, she certainly deserves the recognition.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

amen

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

agreed

North Pole, AK(Zone 1)

DITTO!!!...I miss her and her incredible lilies. Buggy was (is) in a class all her own.

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Same lily as the one posted on the header today. :)

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow, that's moving right along!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats what I love about lilies.

Divernon, IL(Zone 5b)

This area will produce a sea of red Asiatics in May.

Thumbnail by jmorth
Sundance, WY(Zone 3b)

Had to go the hardware store in our little town over the weekend for a little can of paint, and when there found the seed and plant rack. Picked up a pkg of 3 Oriental Lilies, all fragrant, assorted colors for $2.99. It will be fun to see if I can ID them, and if not, no big deal, still a great deal, IMO!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Can't beat that!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.