Anyone need Hay?

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

I looked on the Equine Forum and did not see anyone in CA, much less SoCal. My DH is putting together a Hay Co-op, due to such big hikes in prices at the Feed Stores. We are in the Perris/Temecula area. So far, he has about 8 interested participants. He is trying to put it together the buy the hay from the farmer/rancher and looking at states like WY, WA, NV, & El Centro here. So far someone has a Class A license and there are 2 truck available. Storage has yet to be determined. It will be strictly co-op pricing, no profit to us. If you are interested and/or have questions, D-mail me for his phone/email info.

Lynda

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

I'll bring it to DH's attn, since several of our bales broke open this past season. Good for my garden but not for his Hay Castle. : - )
I'll let ya know.
WIB~
SW

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

He probably uses straw bales for that, which are usually less expensive anyway. But if you know someone who needs hay regularly for horses, you can direct them to us. Shermie has offered her place for storage! Yay, way to go!

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

You are right QG, DH uses straw, but I will tell my neighbors who ride their horses. Only have one left that has horses maybe two or three if you go around the curve. Will check when it quits raining.
CA has more horses and horse people than any other state in the country. I'm really surprised that more people aren't chiming in.
There was a Dg'er called Dr. Don down in Temecula that had horses, don't know if he is still a DG member. He seemed to drop out about the same time we joined, Lynda.
I'll let you know if I find anyone interested.
WIB,
SW

No Central, AZ(Zone 7b)

DH sent an email to Dr Don via his website. 'Faeden' sent me that idea too. I have only heard of him also as I have seen nothing of him on threads since I joined. That reminds me of some more names I should have somewhere through past 4H. Kathy and Don B are behind you on Cox rd. She shared 4-H horse leadership with another Kathey that has moved off Bradley from Wildomar.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.