Frogs!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I heard a good warm-up to the full chorus last night, so things must be warming up. This is late for me, I usually get frogs mid to late Feb. Wonder what that means.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Our chorus was in full swing last weekend, and pretty much on the schedule that I document each year.

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Yes, my frogs were trying a few weeks ago but gave up. They are back again. I saw plum trees in Shelton today and they were blushing. And a cherry also.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I saw a plum in bloom today. Not mine, but nevertheless. Frogs getting louder every night. Yahoo.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I heard 'em this evening.

Plums' in bloom in the yard up here, and I believe this might be one, planted by birds in the woods:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Union, WA(Zone 8b)

I think that is a native currant bush.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay, I like that much better. It is the only thing with that color I see back there.... and the currant bush I am aware of (elsewhere) had yellow flowers..... Thanks!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

I'm eating these for dinner:

Thumbnail by Kylaluaz
Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Nettles?

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Yes. Never done that before but they were very good! I've never had enough close by to harvest many. Wish I'd gotten to them earlier though as they are starting to bud up getting ready to bloom (I understand it is best to harvest before that point)

I made soup with them, and also had a really nice cup of infusion.

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

Well, I don't have a problem with not enough...but have never tried to eat them. Funny thing, I just recently told my husband I was thinking of serving them (he was appalled). Perhaps I'll sneak them in.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Cooking takes the sting out, you know. They are really quite tasty -- mild and slightly nutty I would say, not like a bitter green -- and I understand they are really a local superfood, tons of minerals and stuff in there......

Drying the leaves is easy too, I have just learned, all you have to do is let them sit around in a paper bag til they are dry. This also takes the sting out and the dried leaves can be added to soups and the like as you wish. :)

(Ang) Bremerton, WA(Zone 8b)

I want froggies!! We had so many until they cut down the woods next to us.

Lake Stevens, WA

The swallows are here. I just took my last load of weeds up an noticed them. They must have just arrived. That is a signal to me that Spring is here. My ears are so bad that I don't hear the frongs unless there is a huge symphony. Miss that!!

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Springcolor, I got hearing aids a couple years ago and was happily surprised at the "new" sounds I heard, including the frogs!

Lake Stevens, WA

Thats were i'm headed. Going to Costco this week to get tested. Many people have told me they have nice aids. Just missing too much.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

I got mine at Costco, Springcolor - and I've been very happy with them. Mine are over two years old and I heard recently that they've improved them even more. Go for it and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.