Feb/March 2011 Bingo Calls!!!! - Part 2

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Phoebesviolets and Lou are confirmed, congrats! I would say it was even more dramatic than last game. And the funniest thing is Phoebe had the least chances to win -- she picked AVs only, can you believe it? Go figure! Anyhow thanks Nichole for leading the game and everyone for making it fun.

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Congrats to all of the winners!!! I too needed #44 to bingo but it didn't happen. Ohh well.

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Congrats everyone!!! Great game!!!

Mansfield, TX(Zone 8a)

Congratulations to all the winners! Sure do hope you post pics of your goodies.

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Congrats you two!! Thanks for having such a great game!!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

"And the funniest thing is Phoebe had the least chances to win -- she picked AVs only, can you believe it?"...My AV's love me! LOL!
Thanks for the good wishes everyone! And Congrats as well Lou! This was sooo much fun!

This message was edited Mar 31, 2011 7:28 AM

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I started out so slow, I thought I would end up as tail end Charlie. It sure was a fun game. Thanks for Congrats . Lou

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I know you're all just asking yourselves . . . who won the other two prizes?!?

Well, I know, and I'm not gonna tell!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Ok, so maybe I'll tell . . . 'cause this is almost like Christmas!

The donors of the remaining prizes have already been sent a dmail to get in contact with the remaining winners . . .

1 - $50.00 certificate for Rob's Violet Barn - Dispatcher1
1 - "Surprise" package - supplies and/or plant material - phoebesviolets
1 - choice of plants or $20.00 Meag848 :-)

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

OMG!!!!! How lucky I am. I should buy a lottery ticket today. Thanks so very much! Lou

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Congrats to all the winners, and thank you all for playing! ^_^

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Ok everybody LOL....What did you all get for prizes? Inquiring minds need to know.^_^

Lynn

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

My order from Rob's should be hear later this week. I can hardly wait. I ordered Episcias: Jim's Hall choice, and lilacina. Streps: Bristols Anteater and Bristols Nightfall. Sinningia Gabrielles Horn and Lisa and Codonanthe Vista. I will take a picture when they arrive. Lou

That sounds wonderful!! I know the prize donors are always so happy to know what their winners receive.I just received a terrific second place box from a game I played on another site and I was floored by the contents.

A big.big thank you to the prize donors and our wonderful caller and cardholder.Nichole and Maria ^_^.

Lynn

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Sounds like a nice haul! You'll need to post pix once everything arrives!

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

OT, kind of: Now, as a newbie to this site: Could anyone please explain this whole thing to me, please? Pretty please?

I know that I'm breaking at least a dozen rules here but whatever the repercussions, I think I can take it... ;)

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I can't think of one rule you'd be breaking by asking a question, Olaf . . . let's see if I can't explain it a bit . . .

Whenever it gets close to being time for a Bingo game (and you'll feel the bingo tension!), the "caller" will make a list of 75 plants. Each player will choose 25 of those plants to be their "bingo" card (25 spaces on a bingo card, get it?) . . . the players will submit their cards to the "card holder" (which is a separate person from the caller - keeps things separate, and no chance of "favoritism" calls). Prizes are donated by the players, and sometimes those not playing (for whatever reason). Once the "Bingo's" start, the players "choose" a prize by picking a number (I have an ingenious system for attaching a donated prize to a number). Once all the prizes are spoken for, the game is over until next time. Sometimes there is a "biggest loser" prize . . . for the last person in the whole game to get their plants marked off . . .

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

Wow! What a cool way to go about things. I'd love to participate next time. What do I have to do?

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Just keep an eye out for the next "anybody interested in a Bingo game?" thread. We just got done with this bingo game, and I'm busy with show/sale stuff for my club for the next 2 weeks . . . we may have another game before the heat of summer . . . if not, then probably after school starts in September . . .

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Hee-hee! I'm in! Wouldn;t mind being card holder--as I've won prizes in last 2 games. It would be fun, and I have the time.

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Well I had a lot of fun on the last game and being a sponsor was a pleasure. Even though I didn't win I still had a great time looking at new plants and the AV bug keeps growing. I just placed an order with The Violet Barn for 12 new plants.

Robs Slap Happy
Robs Knickers - New!
Robs Ooh Lala
Golden Eye
Blackhawk
Sunkissed Rose
Moonlight Magic
EK Sky Azure
Robs Boolaroo
Robs Vanilla Trail
Teeny Bopper
Robs Toorooka

Those are some of my favorites Roly.Great choices!

Lynn

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Thanks; it was hard narrowing it down to these. There are some others that I want but they are not available right now to purchase.

Let us know what others.Maybe some of us could have them.

Lynn

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Thanks Lynn for the offer. If it was my choice I would buy one of each of that Rob has but luckily they made some others available today and I just got off the phone to add them to my order. I'm soo excited. Hopefully all of the plants will ship soon. I added 5 more.
Mas Ching Dynasty
Mas Frozen Pond - New!
Mas Glass Slipper
Happy Harold
Warm Sunshine

OOOOh,some more of my favorites!

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

This AV bug bit me hard. I did a count/ list and I'm around 47 named plants/ leaves and 13 NOIDs. Now you can send me a list of what you've got and I'll tell you what I don't have...LOL. And I though that orchids were addicting.

I will Roly,but I have to fill my trades first.Welcome to our addiction group ^_^.

Lynn

Montgomery, AL

Roly- I just updated my have/wants on the trade sticky. I'd love to send you a bunch for an orchid. I've never grown one before.

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Quote from jamiew :
Roly- I just updated my have/wants on the trade sticky. I'd love to send you a bunch for an orchid. I've never grown one before.

Jamie as much as I would love to send you a division of one of my plants I really don't have much to share. I lost about 1/2 of my collection due to Fusarium plus sunburnt when my avocado tree was cut down. What's left is recovering from the burns and putting new growths. I'll keep you in mind for next spring when I do repot again. Not having so many orchids is what gave me the chance to get into AVs.

Montgomery, AL

Do you get to grow orchids outside, in the ground, in Miami?

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I got my bingo pri ze plants today!!! Yippee Here is a picture of them. The one you can't see is Sinn. gabrielles trumpet in bloom.!~ Thanks again!~!!

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Here's a better pic a Gabrielle's Horn. Lol

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

What a great loot, Lou!

Just got Sinn. 'Gabriel's Horn' from Rob's the other day and it's not nearly as far along as yours but it has like a half a dozen buds and I can't wait...

Congratulations on your prizes and thanks a lot!

Olaf

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Nice prizes showing up!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Connie

What a great prize Lou ^_^.You hit the plant lottery ^_^.

Lynn

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Too bad Violet Barn doesn't accept paypal . . . .

Miami, FL(Zone 10b)

Quote from jamiew :
Do you get to grow orchids outside, in the ground, in Miami?

I don't have any terrestrials but I do grow them all outdoors. My orchids are lithopythes or epiphytes meaning that they grow either in rocks or on trees were they get lots of air circulation. They do not like regular potting soil.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.