Philadelphia International Flower Show

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

The following link contains some of the photos I took today at the Philly show ... went with daughter.

http://s927.photobucket.com/albums/ad117/merrymath/Philadelphia%20flower%20show%202011/

MARY

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, it looks like a glorious show! I'm so bummed to be missing it due to this stupid cold/flu/bronchitis bug. Thanks for sharing!

Those bronzes look like a lot of fun... were they gathered in a sculpture garden on the show floor, or were those photos from a vendor's exhibit?

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Oh man, I wish I had someone to go with

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Was it crowded? What was this years theme?

Lambertville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Great Pictures Mary! Glad you had a good time.

Falls Church, VA(Zone 7a)

Mary, I look forward to seeing your pics!

I'll have some to post from my visit on Monday later tonight, after I get home from my weekly Grandma Gig with my sweetie Julia. I drove up on Monday with a good friend to see the show, then we spent the night in Philadelphia, and returned home yesterday, with a stopover at Longwood Gardens on the way. Great road trip! ;-)

This year's theme is "Springtime in Paris". We'd never been on Monday (day after it opened), so didn't know what to expect in terms of crowds. We think it wasn't any more crowded than our usual Wednesday timeframe, and actually, got a lot less crowded in the late afternoon/early evening than we're used to!

Jill, I think those bronzes were from a vendor's exhibit - they had a huge display - including a life-sized HORSE! Mary can confirm, of course. ;-)

Morrisville, PA(Zone 6b)

The bronzes were from a vendor .... very pricy ... but nice.

Picture is of tulips that were in one of the display gardens.

Thumbnail by merrymath

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.