Spring Plant Swap in Lucketts, VA - Date Discussion

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

With a lot of encouragement from fellow DGers at the seed swap last weekend, I will be hosting a spring plant swap at "Aspen Hill" - my home in Lucketts, VA. Lucketts is on Rt 15 between Frederick, MD and Leesburg, VA. This thread is to decide on a date. I've come up with three dates that I could do, and would like your input on which one to choose.

Sunday May 15 (several of us don't want to miss the Green Springs Plant Sale in Alexandria on Saturday, May 14), or
Saturday May 21, or
Saturday May 28 (Memorial Day weekend, and starting to get hot)

Terri

Thumbnail by aspenhill
Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Well--of the three--I would have to choose May 21.

As I expressed my preference at the Swap--earlier would be better--but....
I work Sundays...so the 15th would be out for me...Could swap my work days
if the majority chooses a Sunday.....It is doable....

Gita

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Maybe we don't even want to open this can of worms, but would a week day be an option? I know many of you are retired. I work the typical Monday - Friday type of job, and Chantell probably does too, but with enough notice, I can schedule a week day off. Just a thought to throw out there.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Terri,

While any of the dates would work for us, we would prefer either the 15th or 21st over the 28th. Since we live "just across the road" we would be happy to give you a hand in this event.

David

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

21 works for me. Possibly my preferred actually, between Mothers Day, and Memorial Day.

Odenton, MD(Zone 7b)

The 21st sounds good to me too. Looking forward to whatever date it ends up, I will be there.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

I'm good for any of the dates...^_^

Crozet, VA

Yippie.....once again it will be lots of food, fellowship and fun. Oh yeah, plants too. Hooray for Terri. Thank you.

Ruby

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I'm so glad you're doing this -- it's going to be such fun! Thank you!!

15th is no good for us, but either the 21st or the 28th would be great. As long as we don't get into June, I think we'll be fine in terms of timing (we had a swap something like the 2nd week in June once, and my seedlings were pretty rootbound by then).

I can come down earlier in the week and/or the morning of the swap to help out with anything that needs doing. :-)

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Either the 21st or the 28th would work for us. We could easily do a mid week date but I think you are better sticking to a weekend date.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

"We could easily do a mid week date but I think you are better sticking to a weekend date. "

That was my thought, also... plus, I can "make" Jim come along on a Saturday, LOL.

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

Looks like the consensus is for the 21st. I think that is the date that will work best for me too. I'll close this thread out in a few days, and open up a swap thread.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.