Daily Bird Pics Vol. 385

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1161083/

We are now entering a most exciting time of the year...SPRING MIGRATION!!!!

After such a harsh winter for so many of us the light can now be seen at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to see what fabulous photos all you will be posting!

I just have to start of with the Pileated Woodpecker....just seemed like he was posing for an opening shot the other morning!

This message was edited Mar 4, 2011 4:43 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Of course his female partner was by too!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

This very handsome male Red-bellied Woodpecker has been a regular the last few days. I am hoping he finds our femal attractive as a mate!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

And can you say Tufted Titmouse.... Boy are they busy these days!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

and more Common Grackles are here everyday....eating up my suet! lol

Thumbnail by nanny_56
South Hamilton, MA

You are so lucky to be able to see the woodpeckers! Have not seen a piliated for a couple of years since a birch trunk collaspsed. It must have been at the boundary of its territory.

Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

Nanny,
Do you ever see the pair of Pileated Woodpeckers together? We have them, so I know there is a pair, but only see one at a time.

Lakeview, OH

Do you think since spring is coming the Pileated Woodpecker will finally come down to our feeder? Does anyone know what time they appear in the daytime and what time they stop at? I would not know what to do if one appeared long enough for me to take a pic, I know he has been on our tree, because the tree appears to be shedding bark, but I don't know exactly when to look for him. I WANT to get a pic of him, so any advice will be appreciated.

Rose yes I do see the pair came together. I will repost a photo I took last week of our pair for you

Teddy, no way to know if they will or not or when. Ours come at various times....anytime from early morning once light... until just before dusk.

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Melbourne, FL

Handsome pair, nanny. Here are a couple of ducks that flew over this morning.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Black Vulture.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Melbourne, FL

Mockingbird.

Thumbnail by gardenpom
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the new thread Nanny, great start.
Nice Mockingbird GP

Black-capped Chickadee.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Grand-Falls, NB(Zone 4a)

Redpoll looking for a home ;) No, he going for the suet in there.

Thumbnail by burn_2007
Marlton, NJ

Love the Pileated Nanny! Thanks for starting the new thread!

GP, Cute Mockingbird!

Burn, Nice pics! Have you noticed your number of Redpoll's dropping yet?

PERTH, Australia

Great start with the Pileated's Nanny. The excitement of spring is tangible.

Lovely shots, GP. Love the Mockingbird.

Burn, that's such a funny picture of the Redpoll heading into that sack.

From yesterday morning at the beach, a Pink and Grey Galah feasting on the casuarina seeds.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
PERTH, Australia

Thumbnail by MargaretK
PERTH, Australia

Long-billed Corella sharing the nuts from the same tree.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
PERTH, Australia

This shows its long beak

Thumbnail by MargaretK
PERTH, Australia

Last one. Take off.

Thumbnail by MargaretK
Marlton, NJ

Great shots Margaret! The Pink and Grey Galah are so pretty and that bill is quite impressive on the Corella's!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thank you Nan for a great start of the new thread with your beautiful Pileated wps! Awwww, I'd like to see them somedays. Gp The Mockingbirds are very currious birds, I've decided. Burn, pretty Black Capped Dee. :) Your Redpoll's antic is cute. Margaret, your Gallas and Corellas are out of this world!!!

Great Blue Heron.

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Oquawka, IL(Zone 5a)

Nanny,

Thanks for the nice picture of the pair of Pileated WP! Maybe someday I'll see the pair here.

Love the Australian birds! They are so colorful!

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I'm writing to let you all know I will away for 3 or 4 weeks. My surgery for the hip joint revision is scheduled for March 14 th. in St. Clare's Hosp. in Tacoma, WA. Tacoma is 6 hours away, and I have to be there 3 days before for Pre-Op. appointments. My son from that area is coming to get me Mar. 9. I have to stay in the area after surgery for 2 weeks, don't know yet if I will be able to stay at my son's place.

So anyway I will miss my birds and early spring flowers. It snowed about a half inch last night. And there was still frozen snow in shady places. So it isn't spring here yet.

Will miss all your great pictures. Happy Spring to all.

Donna

Marlton, NJ

Good Luck Donna! I'm sure you'll do great. We'll miss you too.

South Hamilton, MA

I knew that there was new snow in the cascades as DD & her family are skiing over the weekend.

Norman, OK

Great start. Good luck with your surgery, Donna. I'm beginning to have some twinges of pain in my hips. I've always been able to walk all day, not sure what is up. My doc thinks bursitis. Getting old is not for sissies.

A Cedar-waxwing from a walk at a local wilderness area.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Lakeview, OH

Yes, good luck, surgery is not fun no matter what your age, here's hoping and wishing you a speedy recovery so you can thrill us with your great pics. Seriously, good luck and God speed.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Nanny, thank you for the new thread. The pileated just get better and better, love the red-bellied and grackle shots too!

GP, cute ducks and mocker.

Burn, that redpoll is adorable.

Margaret, love the galahs and the corella photos are so pretty. That take-off photo is awesome.

Lily, cute heron.

Donna, hope your surgery and recovery go well for you-hurry back!

Red, sweet waxwing.

Here a pair of Brewer's Blackbirds.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Best of luck Donna, speedy recovery.

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

The Brown-headed Cowbirds are beginning to show up.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Here's a pretty Dark-eyed Junco.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I have two pair of Tree Swallows that have picked their house on our deck. This pair looked like they were having fun.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

This one was preening.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

That was the wrong photo-here's the preening.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Just one Cedar Waxwing was spotted this morning.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Beautiful pics. duc. It's getting closer to the time I get to see C.Waxwings passing through here. I'm looking forward to them. I have so many pix but DG or my internet server is giving all kind of problem, couldn't post today. :((

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Male Y.S. Northern Flicker. Isn't he grant?

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by Lily_love
Klamath River, CA

......and a Robin in a pear tree.

Thumbnail by adelbertcat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.