March - Spring Time!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Happy birthday, Adina. I hope that your day has been a good one.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Happy Birthday Ric and Adina!!

Today was sunny with temps in the 50s. Very nice out!!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks Again Guys!

And we have SNOW on the ground..... errrrrr! lol!

Better you than me!! I have almost 70 degree weather coming tomorrow. Whoo hooo!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy Birthday to you both!

We got the big entertainment center pretty much done today.
Here is a picture.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Darn, that is BEAUTIFUL Bernie. You do astoundingly beautiful work.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

27° with a high of 54°
Foggy. Through 10am: Decreasing clouds with temperatures rising towards the low 40s. Sunny to partly cloudy. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.

Rusty, I finally see my green tips poking thru here. It's so nice to enjoy your pretty crocus! I didn't mind staying in over our rainy, windy, cold days!

Ric, a cake after my own heart. I had choc. cake with choc. frosting every year of my life. At least after I was old enough to chose. Mom didn't need to ask.

Adina, you make yourself a beautiful cake! I actually made lemon pudding the other day, so yes, I'll have a lovely slice!

Pepper, ROTFL! I don't have 70* weather yet!!

Bernie, I've never seen anything so beautiful!! I am sooo impressed!!

Friday, and we have the boys for another two nighter weekend. Tax season for DD.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I forgot to mention, I designed it.

We have strong south wind, so snow is blowing onto the roads again. Couple inches of slush to drive through. It ain't good.
40º for a high today.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes, Bernie, I figured as much. I am getting accustomed to your awesome abilities. I don't think I have ever met anyone like you who seems a lot like the Energizer Bunny. Is it Wheaties breakfast of champions or spinach like Popeye or those fresh country eggs from your farm that keep you going non stop?

Love the entertainment center Bernie!! You're a true artist!!

Reached around 70 degrees today!! AHHHHH!!! Felt sooooo gooooood!!!! LOL. Got some mum trimming done today so I can say I did go out and enjoy the weather. Everything else just has to wait. lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bernie that's a Handsome Unit!
Love the look and execution!

Well the ride into work was interesting...as in the pseudo-Chinese curse...
"May you live in interesting times" way.

Scraped about 1 1/2" of Styrofoam snow off the truck.
Hit the road and spun 180° on the first turn.
The roads got a bit better and I made it to work OK.... UNTIL I got about 1/4 mile away.
There was a 3 car wreck on the two lane bridge.
It was solid ice. I could see the Shop...lol!
Had to turn around, on the bridge, and head back for an alternate route.
Called the shop and told them the problem.
Passed Ben, a co-worker, and told him to follow me.
We detoured about 3 miles and made it in but late.

Then immediately set out to do some deliveries.
The roads were dicey but not too bad by 8AM.
By 9AM just wet.
By Noon it was in the mid 40's and Sunny.

Definitely a dicey drive!! Glad you and your coworker made it in ok!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

37° with a high of 44°
A mix of clouds and sun with gusty winds. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph.
The wind was howling at 2:00 am and will continue all day.

Bernie, somehow I knew that and told DH when I showed him the picture.
Nope, it ain't good, and we are tired of winter-like conditions!

Elena, yes, he IS the energizer bunny!

Pepper, wonderful temps! You're lucky the ground wasn't soggy.

Ric, wild ride and you handled it like a pro, LOL!

Our weather ain't good today either :o(

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Strong south wind yesterday & temp in 40's.
Today winter is back. 20º , NW wind up to 40mph.
Blizzard warnings in central MN including Twin Cities.
Just wind here.

Highs in the high 50s with a breeze. Sunny too. All in all not bad.

Ground is soggy in places but other places just muddy. lol

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Mid 60's and Sunny.... low areas are under water.

Which pleases some.....

Thumbnail by henryr10
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

23° with a high 44°
Some sun this morning with increasing clouds this afternoon. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph.

Bernie, I'll take the wind if there is no snow in it!

Pepper, that's going to be the story here if it ever warms up!!

Ric, nice shot!!

The boys go home today. We went to West Branch yesterday, (Herbert Hoover's birthplace) and had a delicious ice cream cone. Well, I had a hot fudge sundae with real fudge! They fell asleep on the way home :o)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

YAWN!!!!!!!!

Hope you set your clocks up.... if you are in an area that needs to.....

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Yeppers! I was still up at 4:30 am :o)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Me too! I have a hard time adjusting to time changes.

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the wishes Elena, Bernie and Ric! I had a wonderful birthday and received wonderful gifts, especially new huge pots for my lemon and mandarin trees, hibiscus and date palm from DH. And a new garden sccissors from my DS!
It's getting really warm here, 56F!!!! I was out in the garden this week-end cleaning up the mess after such a long winter.
I have a few damages on the house too...the cement from one terrace is falling apart and on one corner of the house....arrggghhh!
I took some pics to show you...this is the terrace.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

And the parts of it which have fallen apart.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

And this is the corner of the house.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Also a crack on the tiles from the main alley.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Well, it's supposed to snow overnight here now. Expecting 1-3 inches and under a Winter Advisory Funny part is I'm sitting here watching Twister. LOL. Watching spring weather movies and it's gonna snow. lol

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I has bad storm around here few hours ago and sure it pouring raining & lightning then size of peas hail snow!

JuJu playing on deck....

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Here's the size of peas hail (snow)...

Thumbnail by JuJu55

We're supposed to get snow up here. Anywhere from 1 to 8 inches depending on who you listen to.

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Just be sure to listen to the guy who predicts the least amount.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I don't know what the weather did today. I got real lazy & stayed in all day. I did do a bunch of computer work. Made up 180 price tags for the Antiques. I am putting new tags on everything.
We unpack the items, write down the serial numbers, then I go through the inventory list & transfer the descriptions to address labels. The labels are either put on the item or on a string tag to affix to things like cups & sugar bowls.
There are 100's of items to go.
I designed some shelves for middle of the store area, so now need to get some plywood to build them.
I am using SS money for this project. I wonder if I call the Pres, he will send it more often. LOL!
Bernie

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

31° with a high of 50°
Partly cloudy. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.

Elena, DST never used to bother me till a few years ago. Most likely since I have all the time to lay in bed if I want, LOL! But I'd rather get up!

Adina, you had WONDERFUL birthday gifts!!

What a huge shame about the house damage! I suppose the contractor's obligation to fix things has expired. It looks like they used cheap materials. I hope it's easy for you to fix. Are you still looking to move to Switzerland some day?

Pepper, ROTFL over Twister!!

I don't want to see ANY of that snow heading my way!! Actually, we are to get rain tomorrow.

Rusty, look at all that hail! Well, obviously you did, LOL! Ju must have had a nice time playing!

Elena, ROTFL, but yes, the least amount!

Bernie, ROTFL over calling the Pres. Try it! It sure was a good day to stay in and do necessary busy work.

Yesterday we had a sharply cold breeze and dreary skies. After we took the Grandkids home, I sorted thru books. I had a sackful that were given to Mom and I brought all of them home, in..... 2004.

I had listed what I kept for myself, but hadn't read, before they went on my shelves.
So, I read the backs, then the first few pages. If it didn't grab me, it went in a sack.
Then I went thru my own, ridding the shelves of a lot of True Crime. It's all over the news. Who wants to read any more of it. They were pretty old books.

I have a huge pile to go to Goodwill along with a few other gleanings. It feels good to make room! It also makes me want to read all the good books I do have!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Winter Weather Advisory Warning:

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR FREEZING DRIZZLE...LIGHT SNOW...AND LIGHT SLEET REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM CDT THIS AFTERNOON.

* SHORT TERM TRENDS...AREAS OF DRIZZLE AND FREEZING DRIZZLE WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MID AFTERNOON SOUTH OF A PITTSBURG KANSAS TO STOCKTON TO VIENNA MISSOURI LINE...AND ALONG AND NORTH OF A BAXTER SPRINGS KANSAS TO SPRINGFIELD TO SALEM MISSOURI LINE. A THIN GLAZE OF ICE WILL BE POSSIBLE ON ELEVATED SURFACES. LIGHT SNOW AND SLEET MAY ALSO OCCASIONALLY MIX IN WITH THE DRIZZLE INTO THIS AFTERNOON...HOWEVER ANY ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE VERY MINOR.

* TIMING AND AREAS AFFECTED...AREAS ALONG AND NORTH OF A BAXTER SPRINGS KANSAS TO SPRINGFIELD TO SALEM MISSOURI LINE THROUGH 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON.

* SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS...A DUSTING A SNOW OR SLEET WILL BE POSSIBLE IN A FEW LOCATIONS.

* ICE ACCUMULATIONS...A LIGHT GLAZE OF ICE WILL BE POSSIBLE ON ELEVATED SURFACES...SUCH AS BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES.

* IMPACTS...ROADWAYS WILL BECOME SLICK IN SPOTS DUE TO THE LIGHT WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION. BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES WILL BE THE MOST SUSCEPTIBLE LOCATIONS TO SLICK SPOTS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT FREEZING DRIZZLE...LIGHT SNOW...AND LIGHT SLEET WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.

I got leak on my van's sun roof and it need rubber seal around the sun roof and got wet inside on the floor and other seat! errr!

Lewisville, TX(Zone 7b)

Please forgive me for my weather report.. it's sunny & going into the 80's this week. My plants are sprouting beautifully. It's been windy today & of all the days today has been the coldest sitting around 50.

Hope all are well.. I can't keep up with everything going on!!!! aahhhh lol

Got probably 4 inches of snow this morning but most of it has melted and there's only an inch or two left. It was a very wet, heavy snow. Highs were close to 40.

Funny thing is the snow was so bright I had to wear my sunglasses but at the same time used my headlights so others could see me easily. LOL.

Tomorrow morning we will have fog from the snow melting.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Light rain here.

Mid 70's by Friday!

(Zone 7a)

Low 60s today. Woo hoo!!! More digging and playing outside.

High 50s and sunny today. Not bad. Tomorrow mid 60s and Thursday high 70s. Rain coming in before the weekend. Tomorrow I will be checking out some of the plants and see what's coming up. I should take pics if I remember though I still can't download new ones yet. lol

Sunny and warm, 60F! Forecasted rain and strong winds for the next few days.

Sunny with temps reaching 70 today. Tomorrow, sunny, gusty winds and temps reaching 80.

(Zone 7a)

We made it 68º today. Now, we have a small amount of snow in the forecast for morning. It'll all be gone by evening, though.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.