March - Spring Time!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Well, I did make the March thread...

I gonna to plant the seeds in my raising beds sooner as I get some manures mix up in my beds....

It getting mild this week.... Ya!

(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Rusty! I was going to do this this morning but you beat me to it.

Getting caught up here. Everyone seems like they are anxious for Spring to hurry up and get here already! LOL

It's been warmer here the last few days. We hit 53º and maybe will again today. The last snow is almost gone but more is one the way.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I just notice my crocus blooming 2 days ago....

Nice purple!

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Another pix...

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Rusty,, thanks for the new thread! And for the pretty crocus, so lovely!
Nicholas has been running a fever these days again and Andreea took him to the doctor today. It seems nothing serious is going on, so he will be just fine with the suppositories. He is eating well and has adjusted to powder milk too.
I was hoping Spring is on the way, but nope...still freezing tonight and snow showers tomorrow...arrgghhhh!
My ivy geraniums are growing so well on my bedroom window!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Rusty, my crocuses haven't even popped up yet!! No fair!! :~p. Just kidding, you're further south so of course you're ahead of me. LOL

Coolish, sunny and windy today. I think the high was in the mid 40s. My hoodie was barely enough to keep me warm and only on short treks from truck to buildings.

(Zone 7a)

My yellow crocuses are blooming. I have a pic from last year but I can't find it.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

28°with a high of 45°
Generally cloudy. Winds SE at 10 to 20 mph.
Dyson Dark with a tiny moon.

Thank you Rusty! All my seed orders came in the mail. Now I just have to see what Spring brings.
How absolutely beautiful! That is a cheerful sight!

Celia, I'm not in too big of a hurry yet. When Spring comes I want to know she'll stay! I'm not in the mood for teasing :o)

Adina, I'll bet when Nicholas gets those teeth thru he will be better. I'm glad he's taking the powdered milk OK.
The ivy geraniums are also a welcome spot of green!

Pepper, the breeze does cut right thru a thin coat. I haven't traded my heavy one yet and still put on a stocking cap just to dump scraps on the compost pile, LOL!

Celia, we need yellow!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks!

I have white crocus but not pop up yet! Waiting...

My crocuses are just species ones but I do need to check and see if they even made it. Even just a few. LOL. Some were planted almost in the driveway. lol. Those may not make it but I hope the others have.

We reached 58 today and it was breezy. At least at work it was which is normal. No breeze is not normal and you better be watching the sky during that time. No telling what might be going on. lol

Tomorrow we get rain. Then snow on Saturday but no accumulation supposedly.

This is what we all do when it's nice out. Sunbathe!! LOL

Thumbnail by pepper23
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We have a stray cat here & I was wondering where it came from. It is an exact copy of yours! When you have half a dozen females around, this time of year strays come a calling.
It hit 38º today. Still 36º right now. WOW!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Bernie's having a heat wave!!!!! LOL
How's that shop coming along? Oh, by the way, what was the name of the counter top material you were telling us about? I am trying to make a decision on the bathroom counter top material.

suburban K.C., MO(Zone 6a)

Yeah, the Crocuses here are quite a ways behind your's Rusty. I remember last year, they was blooming thru the snow!
It prolly isn't a good life for a cat outside, it gets cold in the Winter! That is nice of you billyp to have houses for them.
I have a photo of a purple Crocus last year blooming thru the snow! Where is it at this year?!
Will

Thumbnail by shortleaf
(Zone 7a)

I will get out tomorrow and get pics of the yellow and gold crocuses. I planted some in back last fall and they are poking through the ground but no blooms yet.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

My crocus were a free gift long long ago, LOL!

Pepper, I don't think you can ever eliminate a crocus :o)
Sunbathe! How ready I am for that. He's so pretty and satisfied!

Bernie, he will find his way back to wherever when his job is finshed, LOL!

Nice picture Will!

Celia, they sure don't take long to bloom once they poke thru. I kicked the snow off mine the other day, but our ground is still solid. I don't even have leaves yet :o(

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It's "Cambria".
They were installing the countertops Monday. I will get pictures soon.
I am working on it when we get a chance. I will take pictures there today.
I can reserve rooms for all of you at the Super 8 in Blue Earth. It's only 8 miles from the shop. LOL!
Melted a bit yesterday. Snow was forecast yesterday, but for once weather liars were wrong. LOL!

We've been working a lot in the shop. Trying to get the fireplace thing done my middle of next week. Also a china hutch at the same time.
Then the Cherry kitchen will be started.
Have a bunch of bathroom cabinets to do & possibly another kitchen. Should know in a day or so.
Bernie

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Howdy, Bernie. Good to know you are still alive and working yourself to death. LOL
Thanks for the name of the counter material. I will look into it now. I can't wait for pictures of your shop, etc. One thing about you my friend, you are not LAZY!!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Went to the shop. Installed two new doors. Then my son left for home. Oh-oh, camera went with him, so no pictures today.
I put up a bunch of shelves & repaired an old showcase. Then unpacked more boxes. DD, SIL, & wife showed up from their morning chores. They moved a bunch of things we unpacked earlier. I am recording all the Serial # as we go. I need new tags on most things. A lot got dingy in the years they sat around or were packed away. I am going to work on the tags this evening.
Tomorrow is an auction I am going to attend. I hope to get some good buys on some good stuff.

A gal from the local paper came by this afternoon to do a story on the antique shop.
I hope I didn't break her camera!

Starteed out with temps near 50 but we are down to high 30s now. Had some storms this afternoon but now just scattered rain. Tornado warnings east of Columbia earlier today also. Didn't hear if one touched down or not.

Thumbnail by pepper23
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Bernie I'm rereading the John Sandford books and the names you mention pop up all the time.
In fact Blue Earth/Mankato is in the one I'm reading now.
Of course they are based mostly in 'The Cites' but a lot of the smaller towns is where the action is!

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Bernie, I am getting granite for the kitchen since we are in the process already of remodeling the kitchen. The only thing I could find that I liked was the granite I picked. Our counter top isn't large so it won't cost a whole lot as for people with large kitchens. My bath room is what really has me worried. It is the old fashioned pale rose pink and pale blue tiles from the 50's. The tiles go on the counter and way up the walls. I am NOT up to changing the whole bath room so will just do the counter and the sink. I can't find anything that matches for the counter. Even the stone you recommend doesn't have a blue or pink blend that I can use. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. If i can't find a blue sink to match the commode and tub, I am going to be up a creek without a paddle. I sort of expect to be doing a lot of rowing.

Good morning !
Sunny here today and getting warm...but not for long! 46F today. My crocuses are still under the snow, but hopefully it will melt today.
We're expecting snow and more freeze starting tomorrow..arrgghhh! I'll be vacuuming today and rest, maybe watch a movie. Still not warm enough to get out in the garden. But the doggies have started to stay out of their dog houses, in the sun.
This is what I planted last fall, included the crocuses.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

33° with a high of 36°
Blustery, colder, cloudy. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds N at 15 to 25 mph.

Bernie, I wish DH was a travellin man. I'll have to be happy with photos, but I know the shop is going to be beautiful!
I can not believe all the work you have lined up! You are so efficient tho. It's always done before we know it and you will have a whole new set of jobs to do :o)

Elena, it sure is nice having expert advice on your own counter tops isn't it? Once they're in, they are there to stay, so we have to chose so carefully!

Bernie, smiling over no camera. That's ok. You will get more done and have more pictures to take all at once. I would sure love to ''clean'' up some of the dingy pieces. They will look so proud in their place on the shelves!
How cool!! I hope you lcan link us to the story! I'll bet you were very handsome!

Pepper, I don't even want to think about tornados yet. I hope your area is safe all Spring!!
Ohhh, liquid sunshine! So beautiful!!

Ric, I have four in the early Prey series by John Sanford. I haven't read them for a long time!

Elena, I think your bathroom colors sound so beautiful. You didn't say you were tired of them, but try adding a picture that will change the colors. It's amazing what a picture can do to accent colors in a different light and make it look like a new room.
Bernie may have a challange on his hands to find a color match for you :o)

Adina, I sure hope every bulb grows. All are beautiful! Clean a little, rest a little. That sounds like a good plan!

I made a cheap tent with the cots and told the boys ghost stories. Not a story teller, I have to fall back on Jem, Scout and Dill and the dare to touch the Radley's front porch door. This time I used stuffed animals to heighten the ''scariness,'' LOL! The movie was just on the other day but all we caught was the walk thru the woods with Scout in the ham. I should have taped at least that much for them :o)

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Most people rip out old tile like mine but to me it adds old timey charm to the house because it is what was here when the house was built. It is all in beautiful shape except the floor. They abused it badly before we ever moved here. Hubby ruined the sink by putting harsh drainer cleaner in it and leaving it too long in the standing water. It is all rusty around the drain because of that. I should have watched him better but admit that I didn't. His country boy ways show up on things like that from time to time and I just have to stay on my toes to make sure he doesn't destroy things. Other than that, he is a jewel. LOL You have probably heard the song, "I'm just an old chunk of coal, but I'm gonna be a diamond some day." I tell him he is gonna have to work hard to make it to the diamond stage if he isn't careful about things like that. LOL!
I do have a nice bathroom rug that will go on the floor so nobody will notice it. If my contractor can just get the top off the counter without hurting the wall, we will be set to go once I can find my counter top material.
Yep, Bernie is a jewel. I will have to talk to his spouse to find out if he has made it to the diamond stage yet or not. Tee hee!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We got the doors on Bertha's bedroom & closet the other day. Only 1½ years after the room was done!
Went to the auction today. We got a few pieces of glassware, a nice plant stand, a bedside table, & odds & ends. A 1941 Tournament of Roses program. It is in real good shape. Also a set of builders guides printed in the 1920's. Should be interesting reading.
Pictures tomorrow, I promise!
Bernie

Middle, TN(Zone 6b)

Looking forward to them, Bernie. Have a great day tomorrow. Give Bertha my congratulations on the new door. I know she must be thrilled.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Lazy Day

Thumbnail by henryr10
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

34° with a high of 48°
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of light rain early in the afternoon. A chance of light rain late in the afternoon. High in the upper 40s. East wind 10 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent.

Elena, my bathroom at home still has the tile Mom put on the walls in 1958 :o) I still like it. The bathroom window is also so old. It has swirls in the bottom pane and is frosted white so no one can see in. It's on the second floor, LOL!
Smiling, I think Bernie has reached the diamond stage!

Bernie, laughing again. I would have a hard time at the auction, NOT buying for myself!

Ric, love the lazy day and can feel the gentle heat. So cozy!!

I had to wear a scarf and gloves, but I walked around town yesterday morning. It felt sooo good to get out! I was burning wastebaskets and happened to poke the poker in the ground. Oh my gosh! It went in 8''! Now when did the ground thaw? LOL!

The robins and cardinals were singing their Spring songs before sun-up. What a beautiful sound! I also heard a red wing blackbird oka leee me :o)

Life is good!

(Zone 7a)

BP, we have birdies making beautiful music, too! LOL The house finch males are singing their love songs. The starlings, however, can go away. I have an on-going feud with them.

Snow today. 34º and a high of 40-something is expected.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

So sweet, Ric!
Sally, sounds great at your place! Glad you could go out and have a walk through town.
Celia, grrr, snow again!?

We had a sunny day, but still cold. No more snow....whoohooo!

Happy Women's Day, ladies!

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

38° with a high of 39°
Periods of rain and snow. Temps nearly steady in the mid to upper 30s. Winds NNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 80%.

Celia, I don't like starlings either. They pull green onion tops out of the ground and hang around the suet feeders. They have mastered the art of flapping as they reach underneath to eat it.

That snow has got to melt!!

Adina, beautiful snow drop!! Happy Woman's Day to you too!

It's been raining steadily since yesterday. I am so glad to see it. It's all soaking in just like a nice Spring rain.

Been gone for several days so am just catching up. My dad put a filter plug in where it wasn't needed and blocked the signal. Just got a guy out today who found it and got me up and going again.

Cold and wet again. Windy too. Good day to be inside and to snarl at the ants that have invaded my room. Killed alot of them last night so I'm good for a day or two til we get better stuff.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Pepper, glad your back! A filter plug, huh! I hope that was all of your problems.

We're cold, wet and a bit breezy. Still a good day to stay in. I can't believe, well, yes I can, about the ants.

Do you use Terro? It works on the little ants and the big black one's too.

We put that out and then sprayed them to death. So far I haven't seen any live ones today. lol.. Except the ones that are on my desk and get on my hand.

I still have to get the camera problem solved but at least I have internet. lol

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Ric, A huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What flavor cake?

Adina, a huge HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! What flavor cake? I hope Nicholas can say Happy Birthday Grandma!

Pepper, nothing worse than little feet running across your hand! I hope you can kill the immediate nests under and around the house.

Yes, your camera problem is perplexing. I wish I had an answer. Actually we did have answers, none of them the solution, LOL!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I has been stay inside for 2 days of raining & lightning.... So, here is nice sunshine came out today and it 39*...

Got crocus blooming...

white crocus

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Purple with white strip....

Thumbnail by JuJu55
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Thanks!
The cake is Fudge Icing over Fudge Cake.

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday to Adinamiti and Henry10!

Mine is custard lemon cake!
Thanks Sally and Rusty!
Great crocus pics!
Happy Birthday Ric!
It's finally Spring!!!!!!! 53F today at noon and sunny!
Anyone care for a slice of that?LOL

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.