Still Laughing With Joy #6 Accessible Gardening

(Debra) Garland, TX

Here, Vickie. Me 'n Sasquatch been playin' in da dirt. :-) You okay?

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Doing fine here. The Amargia bunch has computer problems but will be back ASAP.
We can now bad mouth them with glee.
Vort, I'm pretty sure they have a large batch of CB seeds hidden out in a seacane patch.Think there is pink flowers growing there too TO MARK THE SPOT.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I'm here! Barely.... my to-do list is really long. I've been ignoring it AND ya'll.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, We wont let you ignore us too long.
Ya doing ok?

(Debra) Garland, TX

My most joyful time of year is now to June. All the hard work outside is rewarding me with surprises of things I'd even forgotten was in the ground. (Guess it's time for real plant markers. :-) This one is the surprise of lily bulbs thriving unattended in a pot for three years!

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

I don't mark mine either. I love the surprises i get every year. That is a gorgeous red. I have a red lily but it is a lighter red.
Think it'll be warm enough to get out again tomorrow. Hurrah!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Hello, I'm still alive. Trying to keep my e-bay purchases alive, trying to write an article, trying to get my daughter ready for two (2) proms! Lots of trying!!!

(Debra) Garland, TX

hugs carrie :-))

(Debra) Garland, TX

house faces north, this is west front, slowly taking shape

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Midland City, AL

Sorry, Vortreker, but you might want to take BF in for a shot when he gets home. He and Kay got in some sort of disagreement while they were fixing our internet and she bit him. I really thought I had broke her of that habit. It might also be a good idea to keep a close eye on the big guy when the moon is full. Side effects you know. (Jim).

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Way to go Kay!!!!
So very glad you're back Jim.

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Jim,
I wondered why he was frothing at the mouth and howling Mon. night at the full moon.

(Debra) Garland, TX

I luuuuuv my house and yard. :-) The dogs agree. You can just see two of them looking through the door.

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Beautiful garden love

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

Bf and I just had a slight misunderstanding. I ask him to connect the two orange wires. Who knew sasquatches were color-blind! I doubt anyone but Vortreker will even notice a difference in him. Silverware is a problem for most of us, but considering Bf’s table manners that won’t be a problem for him.
I'm told things are very neat looking at your house, Debra. I'm still dreaming of the day "neat" can be used to describe things around here. "Wild, but abundant is the best I'll pull off this year. The lilies had more than 12 flowers per stalk this year. That had me howling with joy., Kay*

Thumbnail by Amargia
POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

:)

Midland City, AL

VORT, after you make it clear to Squatch that you are the alpha, the leader of the pack, any side effects of his altercation with Mama Kay shouldn’t be a problem for you. Good luck. Just out of curiosity, should something unfortunate happen to you, who inherits your Chocolate basil? Vickie and I would be happy to act as your trustees, if you haven’t made other arrangements.
Is that the fluffy marshmallow dog peeking out the door, Debra? So cute! (≧∇≦) ~Nadine~

This message was edited May 19, 2011 10:50 PM

Thumbnail by Sansai87
POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

If anything "unfortunate" happens to me I have notified the local sheriff that cando and sansai are prime suspects.
Squatch is the executor of my will and he has kept a list,and checked it twice, of people that have been mean to him.

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Hey there! sansai and cando will have ironclad alibies. I found Squatch a girlfriend.What more can he ask. Kay spoiled him rotten with Vinegar Slings.

SE/Gulf Coast Plains, AL(Zone 8b)

Never again! Sas doesn't hold his Vinegar Sling very well, He was wearing the lamp shade after only half a bottle. I need to learn Debra's secret for getting him to behave on his visits. I have lots of digging he could help with.
If something unfortunate were to happen to Vortreker AND Sas, I suppose Sasquatch's estranged wife and kids in Arkansas would inherit? Kay*.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Mexican street-style tacos, Kay. He has a secret weakness for them and one of the best vendors in the area is six blocks from my house. Sooooo...

(Debra) Garland, TX

7:30 this morning on the way to work. Made the day a little better. :-)

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oh, Debra, pretty pretty!

Hi ladies and gentlemen. I was at a jetBlue conference in Orlando (DISNEYWORLD!) w/ DH and DD#1. What a place for a conference, and they still had 13 hour days, just in a resort. ???? Anyway my daughter and I had a lovely time but there was no internet there.

And my birthday present (for lasting a very long time) is a week in Cancun. Dunno if they have free internet at our particular hotel or not. So if I disappear again that's why.

Btw my other daughter was UNinvited to prom #2!

(Debra) Garland, TX

Carrie, how fun for you! :-)

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
(Debra) Garland, TX

Still have viable Pansies and it's almost June. Amazing!

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Carrie, You will have so much fun.Injoy every second.
Debra, I'm stumped. What is the yellow flower?
Guess who Squatch's wife and kids in Arkansas best friend is? I may have to put out a contract on poor ole Sasquatch.

(Debra) Garland, TX

Asiatic Lily. Looks different from straight above. :-)

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

That is a big surprise. Thought there was a new daisy out and about. LOL

Midland City, AL

Vickie, consider what would happen if some credible person were to report sighting a mysterious, ape-like creature in north Texas. I bet all the hunters in the Pacific Northwest would quickly descend on Texas. Clean and simple. BTW: Will you be passing through N. Texas on your upcoming trip? Would you pass anywhere near ..oh-h-h..say..Potsboro. ;-)
Debra, I noticed broom on a list of plants that grow well in sandy soil. Sorry, if I'm off target here. (Depression has an adverse effect on the memory.) Didn't you mention once you had broom growing there. If so. do you like it? ~Nadine~

POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Vickie rides a broom? :)

(Debra) Garland, TX

Nadine, dunno if she is, but Pottsboro is only about an hour northwest of me. :-) Had Scotch Broom one year, it didn't come back. This Warminster Broom just got in March. Have to see if it does well.

The only target, here, I know of is the one you aim at that particular day. LOL

Hope this photo makes someone's day a little better.

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
POTTSBORO, TX(Zone 7b)

Wow---what a gorgeous flower

Midland City, AL

Vort, I think she's trading the broom in for a motorcycle. Rubeus Hagrid is selling his.
Debra, that one would make anyone smile. Do you know its name? (Jim)

(Debra) Garland, TX

It was sold to me as "Feeding Frenzy" Daylily. The grower reaffirmed today that is the name, but all the web photos show something completely different. And, Jim? It's not pink. LOL

(Debra) Garland, TX

But this one is... :-D

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
(Debra) Garland, TX

This one is not... LOL

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
(Debra) Garland, TX

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
(Debra) Garland, TX

Lantana New Gold

Thumbnail by lovemyhouse
Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Debra.Do you have Blue Jeans Lantana?
Vort,I ride a broom when i come to Texas! Can't stand those long straight roads and I got to many warning tickets for speeding.

(Debra) Garland, TX

I do not have that one, Vickie. Like the name. Getting car serviced tomorrow so be all ready to go on Friday. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.