Tomato Issues

Midlothian, VA

Anyone have any idea what may be happening to these Napa Grape tomatoes? I'm growing Early Girls and Fourth of July varieties as well, but they are not having the same issues. I did water them, as well as the others but they have good drainage so I'm not sure if that's it or not.
Thanks

Thumbnail by Indi1
Hutto, TX(Zone 8b)

Someone posted a picture like this over on the Tomatoes forum. I think the consensus there was that the plants were too cold and too wet. The person with the problem let the plants dry out between watering and her plants recovered. You could give that a shot....

David

White Plains, MD

How close are they to your light source? , I started Cupid grape tomatoes under flouresent(sp) lights very close up to 2 " away and they looked burned like that also.. while my big beef and sweet 100 cherry's did not get affected. Do you water on the leaves or on the soil? If i water with fertilizer solution sometimes the leaves get like that if you dont wash the leaves off,, high light and wet fertilized leaves will burn or dry up... My bad eyesight may be making me judge wrong... good luck,,, I'm sure as long it is not bug damage doing it,,, you will be ok.. tomatoes are tough.

Midlothian, VA

Well they are only getting natural sunlight since they are in the greenhouse, but I'm thinking about the fertilizer. I am pouring it on the leaves and also I think I may be doing it too often. Which may mean they are too wet too. I will lay off of the water and fertilizer for a while to see. Now I'm thinking about the temperature. The lowest the temp goes in the greenhouse is 56-59 at night. Is that too cold for tomatoes? Thanks

Hutto, TX(Zone 8b)

That temp should be okay. I would stop all fertilizer for a while, and only water when the soil visibly dries out. That will let you know if you are over watering.

D

Midlothian, VA

Dreaves, will do. Thanks to all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.