(Zone 7a)
There are a total of 160 votes:

Spring-blooming bulbs!
(33 votes, 20%)
Red dot

Starting seeds.
(40 votes, 25%)
Red dot

All of the garden catalogs that arrive this time of year!
(21 votes, 13%)
Red dot

Planning my vegetable garden.
(12 votes, 7%)
Red dot

The great weather right now!
(37 votes, 23%)
Red dot

Other? (tell us!)
(17 votes, 10%)
Red dot

Previous Polls

Tulsa, OK(Zone 6b)

wow this is as close to number one as I have ever gotten. I do love the catalogs but the sowing of seeds and watching them grow into plants and then mature into large specimines is great.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

I'm so glad to know that I am not alone...

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I love it all!!!

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I thought this would be a perfect day to tell what we love about gardening.

I love it all too, but starting seeds is my favorite!

Houston Heights, TX(Zone 9a)

starting seeds and designing with plants, you know... all the planning that goes into trying to get the right height, color and texture, while trying to have something blooming or interesting all the time. Constant reading about plants and looking at their growth requirements and trying to plan how to use them. I can do the latter all seasons. I just love gardening. Watching things grow, the suspense after seeds are planted, the moment something blooms for the first time or that first broccoli or tomato. Pure pleasure!!!! Happy Love Day everyone! Cam

Cheyenne, WY

I live in Wyoming so we still have a lot of time until winter is over. The catalogs get me through the long months of Feb. and March. Everything makes me happy about gardening but to see those first little green shoots from the bulbs gives such a lift to my spirt that I feel like I can breath again after being closes in for so long.

I love planting seeds and seeing them sprout their little heads with the knowledge that soon the will grow big and strong and can live outside in the wonderful earth and bring even more beauty to my garden.

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

All of the above, EXCEPT the "great weather." Not much of that round here in these parts :)

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Living in Phoenix, it's got to be the weather right now--perfect!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I don't have room to start many seeds to I choose spring blooming bulbs...should see the first ones in about 2 weeks

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

I voted other, because there was no place to vote for all the above. My real vote is for all of the answers.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Voted great weather because we will see 70 this week!! After the fridgid temps all winter this short break is a relief!!

Kingsville, MO(Zone 5b)

I voted 'other' too, since there was no choice for 'all of the above'! I am very glad to see all the SNOW melting this week (SE of KC, MO). I do need to get my tomato seeds ordered so I'll be able to get them started soon.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

I love it all but the weather is not so great. Warmer but it will be dropping again in a couple of days.

Sumter, SC(Zone 8a)

I too enjoy starting seeds and watching them grow - I always try to grow enough to give as passalongs to friends and family - right now I have about 50 Datura Black Currant Swirl germinated and up about 3", Golden Queen just started to germ this week...

Waiting to see how using the two skylights we replaced last year work for winter sowing...started last month...nothing yet...but I'm hopeful with the warmer temps we've had the last few days....

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

The weather here in Arkansas is supposed to be awesome this whole week. Feb. 14 thru the weekend. Indian summer.
So it's time to prune. I cut back my Texas Sage bush Monday. Today it's my Kerria. Tomorrow its the Crape Myrtles.
High today will be 69. YES!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by diggo1
Los Fresnos, TX(Zone 10a)

Nice picture. We just had several back to back hard freezes two weeks ago which killed many of the tropical plants and some natives, so I am also pruning many of the plants that are still alive.

This time of year I like planting new seeds, plants and getting the garden ready for this year's butterflies and hummingbirds.

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

February is a little optimistic to be thinking about spring around here. A big blizzard is due to show up tomorrow morning and I'm not exactly excited about that. OTOH, I have one little yellow crocus that blooms its heart out every February. It makes me smile while I'm scraping ice off the car.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

Buds are swelling, birds are singing, weeds are greening up and it has been above freezing every day for a week and is forecast to be above freezing at night in 5-6 days! I have always felt that this was the easiest and the hardest part of winter combined: the promise of spring vs the threat of winter. No matter how hard winter hits this month and next, it is almost over ^_^

rosetta TASMANIA, Australia

love the summer in australia-beautiful lilies,everythings flowering

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

67 in west KY today...Woooo Hooo!

Cedarhome, WA(Zone 8b)

I voted other: getting my hands into the dirt again, cleaning up the perennial beds as things slowly start emerging again. Optimism is always high this time of year (I'll do better at weed control, I'll enlarge this or that bed, I'll plant more natives, etc., etc.)

Dayton, OH

I voted for the nice weather, It would be nice if it would stay warm, but it's to soon for that, but we enjoy the break.

(Tammie) Odessa, TX(Zone 7b)

We got to 85 .. yes.. 85 yesterday and my pond finally thawed out. My fish are happy. I thought those 10 inches of ice would never thaw out. It is absoultely beautiful now. The concern now is that the plants are going to start growing and it WILL get cold again.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Spring will really be here when the red buds bloom. Until then I am planting "cool" weather seed. I may have started the Peas a bit early, as they are getting really big and I have little space.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I'd vote for the early spring bulbs, but they're all under about three feet of heavy snow! Two days of "February thaw" only turned the snowdrifts into large white breadloafs or miniature models of the Grand Canyon. It's even a bit early to start the seedlings around here.The only thing to do is to read about what the different plants require, plan, order some equisite cultivars, and dream of spring.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

I love starting seeds, but had there been an "All of the above" option I would've chosen that one. :)

Rosamond, CA(Zone 8b)

Seed starting is a lot of work, that I don't really enjoy, in all this cold, but I do love the fruit of the labor.

Fairmont, WV(Zone 6a)

It's actually too early for me to start my veggie seeds...I don't plant out until Mother's Day...but I LOVE planning my garden, ordering my seeds, organizing them by plant date, etc, etc. Gives me hope that spring will actually arrive someday!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.