ORVG Coffee House #186.... Winter has turned the corner.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We came from here:"
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1148421/

Looks like Winter is FINALLY starting to loosen it's grip.
Join us here to help welcome the new Spring growing season.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hey...I think I'm first...big whoop te do...lol!!!
Sue..not sure when I'm going to Meadowview...but can let you know..ok?
Joyce..wanna meet there too?????? Anybody else?????
Our road is still a nightmare of ice. Hopefully this next week will melt it. Our township has only one truckload of grit left. Hope they get some more soon...they are gonna need it, I'm sure!
Just was notified that Darke Co. is back on a level 1 emergency for tonight...blowing and drifting snow on E/W roads. That's me!
On top of the ice..geez.
Ok..I'm off to bed here. Take care all..sleep well.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I woke up to cough some more, so I might as well mark my place on the new thread!
Pat

Columbus, OH

I feel bad everyone is sick *hugs* Anyone heard from Darius?

I am so sick of winter, the break in the weather forced me to get some episcias and an awesome new syngonium.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Darius is spending most of her time on her Blog.
http://www.2footalligator.blogspot.com/
Always fascinating reading.

Looks like our weather is going to be a bit warmer than projected.
Hourly forecast had shown the 10AM temp to be 34° w/ clouds.
It's now 38° and Sunny. That was supposed to be the High.
Wu and Emmit are out sleeping in the Sun.
10 forecast shows mid 40's-50's w/ no temps, after tonight, under freezing.
In fact a few night will be in the mid 40's!!!!!

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

I know, can you believe it, Ric? Wow, I took youngest son over to the Merit Badge Challenge for Boy Scouts today at Fairfield High School and then went to help DH at work. My arms are gonna be sore this week; I'm such a wimpy thing. just not used to moving things around and lifting all the time and that's all I did for four hours - I've never been so glad to get DS in my life! lol Anyway, it's such a nice day with the warmer temps and the glorious sun shining like crazy. I'm loving it.

Marcy, let me know when you're going to Meadowview and I'll see if I can make it with everyone. The only day I usually have something to do is Tuesday when I take PIL to the doctor each week. I'm always up for a new nursery.

Received some seeds today from a fellow DG'er and the combo of the seeds and the sun have me antsy to be digging in the dirt -come on spring!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Di the Meadowview is Amazing!
Really surprising for such a small town place.

Word is Jungle Jim is moving the Monorail to the new Eastgate Store opening next year.
How Cool!

Yep, DH told me that a few days ago..JJ can't stop thinking of what to do next-lol. There were so many plans to put it in in Fairfield but last I heard there were problems with the electrical system it had in it from KI that just couldn't be dealt with - so glad they're finally going to be able to use it.

Anyone remember riding that monorail at Kings Island? I do - it was the only air-conditioned place in the park and on a hot day, my mom insisted we ride that thing through the Animal Safari a million times - or at least it seemed that many to three kids.

Meadow View is cool. Ric got such a great deal on the EE the time we went.
anyone go to N.Dayton Garden Center ? great trip also ! or did i tell you guys that already ?
Marcy see what you started ! a pre season RU LOL :)
well i will have to join Pat in the area of the living sickie's . I feel like Kaka. pooey.
back to bed for me
bbl

Where exactly is Meadowview and where is the North Dayton Garden Center?

Hope you feel better soon, Sue.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Meadow view is in New Car Lisle.

We're up to 51° already at noon.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone!
Hey everyone...Meadowview is very near New Carlisle..on St. Rt. #235....If you head north on 235..you can't miss it..on the left hand side.
North Dayton Garden Center is on Brandt Pike in Dayton. Yes..it's is a pretty cool place too...but not like Meadowview...guess I'm prejudiced.
We should all set a time to meet up and go?
I am getting anxious...lol!!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I'm off next Friday...... lol!

56° here!!!!

Columbus, OH

51° here...I'm putting up a squirrel feeder.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Let me know when you decide, Marcy!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

56.9 here....high was only supposed to be 50! I'm lovin' it!

Friday is good for me
feeling a bit better. :)
took some Thera flu daytime
the ice is smashing down off the roof. sure don't want to be under that ! when it comes down ouch

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Yep don't want to do that!
That's what kids are for!

i got fern fever people. got me a good order on its way... weeeee stop me i m on fire..... oh i think that is the thera flu talking ?
ice came smashing down from roof. wow. !! hit the screen door and got a little bent.
the chunks are huge and thick. ! heavy son of @#$4 too. thank goodness no one was under it.
not much going on here.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Our High was 59°. 17° above Normal.

The Patio Pond is thawing out.
The Goldfish came up to a hole I drilled to check out the world.
They look fat and happy!
The fish in the Main Pond are starting to move around a bit more and looking for food.

Tuned up the Taco and changed the oil.
The truck is ready for Spring.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Still under the weather, but have read all and wish that I was closer so that I could take in the nursery trips. Oh, well, you all will just have to provide pictures and some great descriptions.

I wasn't out at all today till about 6:00. Took Mr. B for his ride, then right back home and back to the couch.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well gee all..I can go whenever is good for everyone else?????? I have no set schedule here...lol. By next Friday..do u all mean this coming Friday?????
Are we just gonna meet there? That would probably be best huh?
Tell me what you all think?

I can do Friday - sounds great to me.

I can't sleep again and just watched the Weather Channel...right now - at 1:16am - it is 54 degrees!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Friday's not good for me, but sounds like it is for most, so don't worry about me, I'll make it up there sometime.

Sue.....tell us what kinds of ferns you ordered...you know I LOVE ferns!

Bonnie, hope you start feeling better soon!

Sword fern
Red Lady fern
Toothwood
Japanese painted
Goldies wood fern
Cinamon fern
and Royal fern oh and Ostrich
Christmas too
whew i think that is it ? LOL
Yes i think meeting there would be good unless someone wants a pick up and carpool over together ?
what time should we meet ?
aaaahhh Cookie , how's come ?
Bon's how are yo feeling ? .

Columbus, OH

Red velvet cheesecake brownies for Valentine's Day..mmmmmm

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Oh Boy! no calories there!!! LOL

(Friday's are exercise and plasma donation day, Sue)

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Yeah Joyce..how's come???????? I'm givin' up going to wallyworld that day....buahhahahaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like that's a big deal...lol!
Ohhhhhhhhh ferns...Sueeeeeeeeeeee....such pretties!!
Bonnie...wish you could come go with us too....feel better..me darlin'.!!
LOL..I have a friend from Ireland that always says that to me...me darlin!
I just love to hear her talk! Such a wonderful accent she has! I would dearly love to go over and meet her..and she has invited me...but...doubt if it will happen.
Well...it's warming up ..for sure. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Some folks were talking last night...sayin..yeah...it will get hot..and then we can complain about the heat. Someone else said...yeah..but you don't have to shovel the heat!!!! AMEN to that!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Yes, I agree.....white isn't even a color......

Marcy, do you ever go to Andy's Garden Ctr.? Looks like they have one in Troy and Piqua. A friend of mine has a daughter that lives up that way and she has some just AMAZING things that she's gotten from there. It's on my list of "to do's" for this Spring. Website says it's been in business for 48 years, so they must be doing something right! ^_^

Well, I just found directions for Meadowview on Mapquest so I'll be there at whatever time everyone wants to meet. I can do another day other than Friday if anyone wants. Doesn't matter to me - i'll just be glad to see everyone and see some plants.

i see hosta's peeking out , those are the ones in my GH , yeah
Marcy to funny on the shoveling heat waves LOL i agree.
Di i m so excited that you can make it !
well not much today,,,, just some aggrevating stuff.... i paid for 3 day shipping and well.... still no package on day 7
it shipped on the 8th so it should have been here by the 12th ? , i even called UPS, they said it was out of their hands ... ummmm isn't the package on one of your trucks ??? in route to me ? so how can it be out of your hands ? i ask you ? seriously .
called the company i ordered from. they are no help either .... uhg.

DH took me out to a newer Mexican restaurant in Trenton tonight while youngest was at Boy Scouts. It was good and it was nice to hang with the hub without being in a rush and going opposite directions. Went to the accountant today and picked up taxes - no fun. Chels is going to college 3/4 time instead of full time so we couldn't claim her this year. We don't have to pay thankfully but we sure don't get the extra by claiming her either. But...Chels is very, very happy - she gets back a nice little bundle and is a lot closer to getting that car she's been eyeing down in Fairfield.

I'm excited too, Sue, can't wait to see you guys! Are we gonna do lunch somewhere around there too? LOL That's me...always wondering about the food.

I'm fed up with UPS anymore...even if there is tracking on a pkg it seems it's always messed up somehow. Hopefully you'll get your pkg in the AM and have everything resolved.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Oh, sounds like such a good trip. If I was feeling 100% I may would try, but still having fits with my back. Went to chiro today, and it did help some, and going back tomorrow for another adjustment and a massage. So hoping that I come away from there feeling like a new woman.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hey everyone!
Joyce...Yesssssss on Andy's Gardens! It's a very nice place too...also close to the interstate! We COULD do both ..if everyone wants to..the same day??? Tipp City and New Carlisle aren't that far apart...and I know the area well.
And yes...could do lunch too Di. I like lunch..lol!
There is a place called the Melody Inn before you get to Meadowview..on #235. Not much to look at ...but good home cooking. And then..there is a place in Tipp City called Coldwater Cafe'...that is very good also. A little more pricey than the Melody...but not too bad at lunchtime. It's in an old bank bldg...and decorated pretty neat! Good food too.
So we need to decide for sure on a day...time...and what we are doing??
Let's get it together folks....I can do most anything everyone else wants to do?

would 11 am this friday or ? Joyce has some things she can't get away from :( pooh pooh, lunch is always good.
did 15 qts of tomato juice today. i m pooped.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Marcy will there be enough stock at the nurseries to warrant a trip this early?

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Well no Rick..don't think you will be able to buy much of anything....I never said that...lol. I just go to get my 'green' fix. It's nice and warm in the greenhouses...and you can look around to your heart's content...without a crowd..
If you all want to wait a bit...we can go later on...when there is more available...it's no biggie????
Take a vote??????
Ok..if you want to buy things...I say wait...till...what? End of March?

Ric or anyone else , do you want to hit Dayton , we need to go back there and get tags ect....
he has the great bonsai and tropical section. not as as pretty as Meadowview but , he has stuff for sale and i saw a Panda succulent i have my eye on . its so cute !
anyone else is welcome.
Marcy do they have tropicals at Meadow View ? i thought they did and would have a section to browse , but maybe they did away with them ?
if you want warm i have mine cranked up to 75 ! but not many plants, just little seeds sprouts.
Or we could all just do lunch ?
either way

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Good morning all.
Sue..Meadowview does have tropicals...but not sure they do this time of year? Their's may be shipped in? Not sure?
Whatever you all decide is fine with me. Lunch always sounds good...lol!

I feel the same as Marcy..I wasn't going to buy but to get a green fix. Of course if there is something I want........ :)

I'm up for anything, just sounds like fun and I can go just about anytime.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.