2011 COLEUS - ALL ABOARD!

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

I think it's a good idea. Such a versatile plant and with a little TLC and a small amount of DG knowledge, it's a "shoo-in."

Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Finally a name - Henna. I love this one. Picked it up this year with no tag. It's is a beautiful coleus and one of my favorites. I planted it with pink millionbells.

Kathy

Thumbnail by shihtzumom
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Lovely plant, Kathy. Does not resemble my Henna plants at all It is heavily fringed and the back of the leaf is red. The top of the leaf changes color depending on the time of year, amount of sun, amount of indirect sunlight, shade, indoor light and temps.

The green is the front side of Henna; the back of the Henna is red. In the second photo you can see the green leaf with red on it because it is getting some sun. It is in my rooting box with other coleus plants. The dark red leaf you see in the second photo is Red Ruffles. It is a much larger, darker leaf.

Marcia

Thumbnail by cathy166 Thumbnail by cathy166
Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

This is a better picture of Henna. Does yours have a resemblance?

Thumbnail by cathy166
Pearisburg, VA(Zone 7a)

No, must not be henna. I'll take pictures and see if we can ID it.
Kathy

Landisburg, PA(Zone 6a)

someone was asking where to find coleus seed. I got mine from swallowtail nursery.
google it to find the site.

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Bluepoppy, I was about to suggest posting to the coleus forum, but I see you beat me to it. Some of the seed problems with coleus have been a packet marked "mixed." Lots of work not to get what you want. I'll check out swallowtail. Thanks for the info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.