Seeking opinion on new Greenhouse kit - National Greenhouse

Lincoln University, PA

I've been researching lean-to greenhouse kits and gathering quotes from various suppliers. I've narrowed it down to BC Greenhouse, Janco, and National Greenhouse. Ideally, I'd like aluminum 8' x 13' lean-to with tempered glass. I live in Southeast PA. With all of the ice and snow we've received over the past few weeks, I'm reminded that I really need to consider quality as well as price. The model listed below from National seems to be just right. The Janco model was also very good, but very expensive. Does anyone have experience with National and/or the model listed below? Should I be looking elsewhere ?

National Cultivator Elite Greenhouse:
Straight Eave, Lean To Model: 8’ x 13’1”
Glazing from eave to owner provided knee wall
Glazing Material: 1/8” clear tempered glass
Roof Vent: 1 ea motorized ridge vent with screens
White finish
Structure engineered to meet a 25# snow load and 90 mph wind load

Mechanicsville, VA

Well, a BIG warm, wishing for spring to arrive, hello to you !
You might want to consider Cross Country Greenhouses----they are excellent, although I do not know if they make a lean to model. Glass, I believe, will be more expensive to heat. Check out littlegreenhouse.com for research and ideas.
You really gotta do your homework on this !!
Best Regards

Lincoln University, PA

Thanks RDZinny for the very quick reply. BC Greenhouse is one of the three on my short list. It is my understanding that they actually manufacturer of Cross Country, correct ? The only issue that I have with CC is that they don't seem to have a "knee wall" option. I'd like that extra protection from lawnmower, etc.. that the knee wall can give.

Isabel, KS

This is my first day as a subscriber to davesgarden! I am also interested in a Cross Country greenhouse,Acadian model. I've found no other kits with with 16mm triple glazing. Any info on these or other kits would be great. Thanks.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I have no information for you but would like to Welcome you to DG.

Priest River, ID(Zone 5b)

I just bought a 5 wall cross country insulator made by BC Greenhouse. It's still in the crates waiting for the snow to melt and the ground to thaw. When I was talking to the rep(ordered it thru the megagreenhouse store) they do ask if you want a door drop down to accommodate a foundation or knee wall. They don't charge extra for it and then you can set the greenhouse on a knee wall and have the door be at the right height.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.